**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Champion boss compensation

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

First I don’t much care for this kind of “compensation” since it’s really akin to a price correction for overpaying for content which is kinda dumb imo, you paid what it was worth to you at the time. But I do not understand how 100% was compensated differently for others. I received less than what others have for the same “tier”, 100%. *shrug*; looks like half of some of the consumables. Maybe they factored in the first round of compensation from when his 10% was glitchy during the first few days?

I Will take this time to post how this needs to be done with vouchers (explained separately) as a minimum. People do these quests with their current items and units, not with items they have expiring in their overflow. The lion’s share of this compensation will likely be going into my overflow, with a high likelihood of going to waste just like the Abyss Captain Marvel compensation and the recent server disruption compensation and this makes this current compensation fall short.

Vouchers, super simple. Vouchers are items that can be sold for consumables at a time of a summoners choosing so that those items do not risk going to waste when compensation does not immediately replenish what was expended. We’ve seen similar in practice with a prior event where you could sell items obtained for event currency; I think it was Buff Removers during the island of modok event that could be sold for coins you could then use in the store. Make an item called “revive voucher” that when sold gives you x amount of revives; and the same for potions, boosts and even the energy refills you give out.

that'd 100% be a player-forward change, obviously, but it does seem kinda similar to handing out units. you can't spend them on anything, but you probably would use those revives one time or another, and it seems pretty clear that kabam doesn't want to hand out units. they're not the same thing, but if they really cared that the items were expiring, theyd just give units
  • E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 121 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

So if you were smart enough to attempt multiple paths in one swoop, but yet had to fight that boss you nerfed with MORE terrible links than others, you aren't entitled to the same compensation?
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

This makes no sense. The boss is harder if you fought him with more links up.....if anything it should be the other way around.

Everyone who has 100% 6.2 should just get the same amount regardless of number of paths you did it in.
  • QHungQHung Posts: 7
    Kabam Boo said:

If we have less runs means that, on each run, the champion has more link nodes on him which makes him harder. That doesn't lower the items used since we are fighting a harder version of him, also we have a longer path to get to him. I don't get the logic after it? I think it's fair if the players that did 100% 6.2.6 should get the same amount of compensation.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

First I don’t much care for this kind of “compensation” since it’s really akin to a price correction for overpaying for content which is kinda dumb imo, you paid what it was worth to you at the time. But I do not understand how 100% was compensated differently for others. I received less than what others have for the same “tier”, 100%. *shrug*; looks like half of some of the consumables. Maybe they factored in the first round of compensation from when his 10% was glitchy during the first few days?

I Will take this time to post how this needs to be done with vouchers (explained separately) as a minimum. People do these quests with their current items and units, not with items they have expiring in their overflow. The lion’s share of this compensation will likely be going into my overflow, with a high likelihood of going to waste just like the Abyss Captain Marvel compensation and the recent server disruption compensation and this makes this current compensation fall short.

Vouchers, super simple. Vouchers are items that can be sold for consumables at a time of a summoners choosing so that those items do not risk going to waste when compensation does not immediately replenish what was expended. We’ve seen similar in practice with a prior event where you could sell items obtained for event currency; I think it was Buff Removers during the island of modok event that could be sold for coins you could then use in the store. Make an item called “revive voucher” that when sold gives you x amount of revives; and the same for potions, boosts and even the energy refills you give out.

that'd 100% be a player-forward change, obviously, but it does seem kinda similar to handing out units. you can't spend them on anything, but you probably would use those revives one time or another, and it seems pretty clear that kabam doesn't want to hand out units. they're not the same thing, but if they really cared that the items were expiring, theyd just give units
    Mostly right, but there are things a voucher system would not replace units for, such as offers or gifting.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I got a base of 12 revives and 15 potions despite fighting the champion double noded twice to save path time. Now I’m confused as to how I got in the larger tier of compensation? Figured it was just because of me 100% it, but it appears that’s not the case.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I would gladly take that
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

I would gladly take that

I’m definitely not complaining about the additional revives, I’m just confused. Did running 8 paths total instead bump me up to the highest tier? I’m just wondering about the breakdown
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I did 10 paths n got rewarded ty
  • abhi7215abhi7215 Posts: 23
    Kabam Boo said:

Fought/ defeat?
  • Aykut_TAykut_T Posts: 39
    edited September 2020
    Gidilen yol miktarına göre tazminat verilmiş. Ancak diriltme bittiği için çıkış yapan oyunculara karşı haksızlık oldu. %40 diriltme ve sağlık iksiri biraz daha olabilirdi.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

If you are going to do it based on completion attempts to get 100% you should have done it completely the opposite way and rewarded people based on the LEAST number of runs, since that more denotes the difficultly of the encounters.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    On my first attempt I spent an embarrassing amount on trying to get past the last 10% with a r4 Magik. I wasn’t expecting compensation, but I can honestly say this was a drop in the bucket compared to what I spent on an unsuccessful attempt.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Kabam Boo said:

If you are going to do it based on completion attempts to get 100% you should have done it completely the opposite way and rewarded people based on the LEAST number of runs, since that more denotes the difficultly of the encounters.
    I actually kind of disagree on this. When people fought him with more nodes on, they made that choice to do so willingly. Other than the No Retreat Node being removed, none of the other attached nodes were changed right?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

Kabam Boo said:

I actually kind of disagree on this. When people fought him with more nodes on, they made that choice to do so willingly. Other than the No Retreat Node being removed, none of the other attached nodes were changed right?
    that goes along the line of we all decided to fight him when he was harder. If they are going to give compensation for doing a harder fight then they should balance the rewards based on the hardest difficulty of that, not the easiest.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

Kabam Boo said:

that goes along the line of we all decided to fight him when he was harder. If they are going to give compensation for doing a harder fight then they should balance the rewards based on the hardest difficulty of that, not the easiest.
    But by doing an intentionally harder fight with linked nodes on him, you shortened the total amount of fights that you would have potentially (and potential is the key point here) spent more items and resources on if you had fought him many times more.

Since the other nodes weren't changed, that was an active decision to take a harder route so you wouldn't have to run the quest multiple times for exploration.

You climbed Everest, but you took a quicker more dangerous route, but you also used less oxygen tanks.

Now I say "potentially" because I can't quantify how many items were saved by taking him more linked, or even if more items were used. But I can say confidently that anyone who took him with multiple links on actively knew that they were doing it so they wouldn't have to fight him as much.
  • abhi7215abhi7215 Posts: 23
    abhi7215 said:

Kabam Boo said:

Fought/ defeat?
    I would like to know if the times thAt we Quit the Quest were considered while Giving compensation
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Mostly right, but there are things a voucher system would not replace units for, such as offers or gifting.
    yup definitely.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    How much is this deal worth in units?
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Not enough
  • ImsoloImsolo Posts: 3
    I also got the same amount of compesation just 2 level 4 revive,very low amount of healing portion, I'm waiting for this compensation to complete grandmaster but now I totally frustrated
  • Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    edited September 2020
    Compensation package is horrible. Kabam is the ones who initially said it was not getting nerfed so alot of us grinded to and explored it. Now u nerfed it after saying you wouldn't and telling me ppl who get to face an easy joke champion are going 2 get the same rewards compared to ppl who completed the significantly harder champion? Thats like saying ppl who complete hero monthly should get same rewards as ppl who complete cav lvl. If u r going 2 give consumables dont put an expiration date. Dont have anything to use them on and nothing coming until act 7 in Dec so just going 2 go to waste and expire once I claim them in 30 days. I see nothing coming out in next 30 -60 days that I will need to use it on.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

I didn't get any compensation and I've defeated the Champion
  • Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    Also they were alot of ppl including within my alliance who ended up completing/exploring champion fight after nerf news came out because they intimated their would be compensation and u will get it if complete before nerf starts. Why even tell ppl that if its just consumables? Trying to get more $$ out of ppl? Don't see any other reason. Shady kabam like always.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113

I did 10 paths n got rewarded ty

This is for my 100% of act 6 which I did in Jan 2020 (7 months before it was nerfed). Still trying to figure out the logic.
    100% in case A is not equal to 100% in case B.

Now I understand why my parents were concerned about my education, especially maths lol.

#NotHappy #NotJustified

P.S.: I want what the best compensation you have given for 6.2 exploration. I did 100% and beat Champion boss before he was nerfed, period!

Still