**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Champion boss compensation

Comments

• MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I agree that the compensation should be items, but if someone took down the Champion boss using only 2 lvl 5 health potions. hats off to you. Kabam should either try to match the items used somewhat or don't give out at all. Considering you need only 1 champ on your team for the last 10%, not sure about the team health potions. They have to remember many of the players did this when it was fresh and no real guides on anything were out. And people usually start exploring the easiest chapter to the hardest. Taking only the particular chapter for compensation is not right. Swing and a miss as usual, but take what we can get I guess.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

So if we fought an even HARDER version of Champion by leaving multiple links on, we get less compensation. Despite those Champion fights taking potentially more items. Gee thanks, Kabam.
    The Champion was changed. Not the Links.
    If people are in Act 6 by now, chances are they're familiar with how Compensation works here. It's usually a generic package that provides an average of provisions. People rarely get everything they used because that's not possible to execute in a general way for everyone.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Stop whinging about free stuff from Kabam...
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Whaaaat said:

Lvernon15 said:

More resources to expire due to the lack of content to use them in

So you wanna tell me that you are capped in lvl 2 and 3 revives?

The variant 5 dropped 2-3 weeks ago, and you managed to get 15 lvl 2 revives?
    Give me a break
    Variant 5 cost me 5 revives, every single one was already in the overflow, I’m capped on lv3 after the legendary event, there are 15 l2 and I already have 6 so that’s more for overflow, o have 0 content to use them on, so yeah @Whaaaat
    Well Cavalier drops tomorrow so you might use them. Hard to say.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Bulmkt said:

No, it’s not free stuff though, it’s compensation for all the excess stuff we used on the champion fight, and those items are now just going to expire
    We gonna have caliver difficult in event quest this month tho...
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Bulmkt said:

No, it’s not free stuff though, it’s compensation for all the excess stuff we used on the champion fight, and those items are now just going to expire
    Omega boss rush? Cavalier eq?

Compensation for stuff like this should always be consumables, the argument could easily be made that if one needed to spend tons of units to complete the content, to just hold off and wait for better options. Nobody forced the person to brute force through it.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    GagoH said:

Lvernon15 said:

Bulmkt said:

Compensation for stuff like this should always be consumables, the argument could easily be made that if one needed to spend tons of units to complete the content, to just hold off and wait for better options. Nobody forced the person to brute force through it.
    Spot on
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    While I agree compensation should've been a mixture of units and revives, reading some of these posts and it's ridiculous what people are asking for LOL

If you spent 3k units to beat the Champion because you used Magik or a R3 Sym Supreme, that's your own fault
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Lvernon15 said:

Bulmkt said:

Noone would have an issue if those consumables given were free of expiry. What's the point of giving compensation in terms of consumables if the player has nothing to use them on?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    Mqc19 said:

Kabam. —— these ‘compensations’ are missing units!

I completed map 6 a long long time ago spending more units then I care to mention like other summoners did specifically on the champion fight much less the content as a whole. Consumables don’t do anything for me and many other players are in the same boat.

Quality compensation should be equal to the hardship or else it’s doesn’t do anything but annoy the community even more then it already is. Am i saying we should get every unit we spent back, no - but that would be nice. I am saying that an average amount of units spent per competed path should be given out to the community to make up for the disaster that fight was along w many other paths in act 6.

Let’s get this fixed because as of now it’s an utter disappointment.

You used those units to buy resources. You didn't put units into your champs, you bought revives which is completely optional. You could've exited out and restart.
    slacker said:

Lvernon15 said:

Bulmkt said:

We gonna have caliver difficult in event quest this month tho...
    I don’t think my rank 3 6 stars are going to struggle there
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Well at least you guys got it. I didn't even get this much and yes I did complete it long before 3 months ago.
  • Nanard93Nanard93 Posts: 15
    Hello.

Im little bit disappointed. The compensation, although it has the merit of existing, is poor, even for a single passage. But what bothers me a lot more is the fact that players who beat the nerf version have received these compensations.

Can you explain that ???
    Nanard93 said:

Hello.

Im little bit disappointed. The compensation, although it has the merit of existing, is poor, even for a single passage. But what bothers me a lot more is the fact that players who beat the nerf version have received these compensations.

Can you explain that ???

The different comps are based on how many times you did the fight, someone who explored it will get more than someone who did initial completion which makes sense
    HI_guys said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

So if we fought an even HARDER version of Champion by leaving multiple links on, we get less compensation. Despite those Champion fights taking potentially more items. Gee thanks, Kabam.
    The Champion was changed. Not the Links.
    No retreat
    Pretty much the only thing they can do is what they did. They can't then start gauging who had more or less of a hard time fighting him. That just splits the process into more and more complexity. They gauged it based on the number of times people fought him. Some used more, some less. It's Compensation, not a refund.
  • PoupPoup Posts: 41
    A few units would have seemed me fair ^^
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    So yeah, the different amounts for different players who all have 100% is weird and should be fixed. Number of Champion fights completed was given as the answer for this, but after further discussion with alliance mates and members of the community there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. For instance, I did combine multiple loops in some of my runs, yet I did receive the higher amount of items. An officer of mine did the same, but received the lesser amount. We have some who received the lesser and some who received the greater and there's no real pattern as to why.
    Bottom line is that the statement that it's based on number of times we completed the Champion fight seems to be wrong. This should be looked into.
  • LPH_337LPH_337 Posts: 74
    Bummed they didn't at least give that to people who spent a lot more and still couldn't beat the champion boss ☹️

This is how all the people complaining see kabam

This is how people that appreciate it feel