**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Road to the Labyrinth Reward Buff

Last month I started Road to the Labyrinth, which was quite fun. I got to the end of Chapter 3 and then all the extra content like boss rushes, summoner showdowns and side quest came out so I took a break from Road to the Labyrinth. I come back to Road to the Labyrinth this week and realized that I had never look at rewards. I click the 'View Rewards' tab and I see 1,350 four star shards, 1000 five star shards, 1 tier four class catalyst crystal and 1 four star awakening gem crystal. Now from what I remembered, Road to the Labyrinth was pretty easy from chapters 1 to 3 so the rewards were average to me but simple and that was fine with me.
The next day after looking at rewards, I sit down and tell myself that I'm going to do the last chapter of Road to the Labyrinth and I go into the first quest and see 15,000 power index level champions.
Just a reminder that Chapter 3 had champions of 4,000 to 5,000 power index.
This shouldn't be too much of a problem for me today but people who are relying on those rewards to put towards developing their roster, well by the time you are able to do it, you don't need the rewards anymore.
Now that you understand my complaint, what kind of rewards should be in Road to the Labyrinth?

To figure out what should be the rewards, let's look back at what rewards are currently offered.
The rewards are the following:
(i) 1350 Four Star Shards
(ii) 1000 Five Star Shards
(iii) 1 T4CC Crystal
(iv) 1 Four Star Awakening Gem Crystal

(i) I'd imagine most people would be using rank 4 to rank 5 four star characters (some will use five stars) while questing through chapter 4 of Road to the Labyrinth so why don't we at LEAST get a full formed four star crystal to add to our collection. The odd thing is that if I were in charge of rewards, I would put 5000 four star shards instead of 1350.

(ii) 1000 five star shards is good but it is only a tenth of a five star. while it's good to top up the amount of five star shards that you already have. Maybe if they bumped it up to 2000 more people would be happy and will actually bother doing chapter 4 of Road to the Labyrinth.

(iii) not much to complain about here. Think people would like more than just a single crystal though. Add 2 more T4CC Crystals and this beyond perfect for good rewards.

(iv) I'm pretty okay with this portion of the rewards so if they REALLY wanted hype about it, maybe swap the crystal for a basic. But personally i'd be happy with the crystal because it's simply more fun to open and cross your fingers for what you want.

After the reward update of what I'd hope for, the rewards would look like the following:
(i) 5000 Four Star Shards
(ii) 2000 Five Star Shards
(iii) 3 T4CC Crystal
(iv) 1 Four Star Awakening Gem Crystal (Maybe a Generic)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Keep your finger crossed!

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    No buff is need it only constes so no
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

It's old and now irrelevant content that isn't needed. They could actually remove it from the game entirely since it's original purpose no longer exists, which was an entry to LoL
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    there is no need for a buff in rttl rewards.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

• Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    i was gonna say theres no point in even completing it anymore but someone got to it first.
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Oh I thought this was a Labyrinth of Legends rewards buff request. This is worse. RTTL serves no purpose anymore except to give me PTSD from debuff immune Rhino, it doesn't need a buff.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    If you practice, all of it can be beaten by 4 stars and even 3 stars
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    haven't you learned
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    If content is not mendatory (like story quest) rewards should always be untouched.
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    This was meant to be an entry point to the hardest content at the time, rewards are good for the beginning of the access to LoL.
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

I agree, there should be a reward buff to ROL. I'll not take anything less than :
    6* nexus(20 choice options)
    T5b selector
    Generic 6* AG
    200 generic 6* sigs
    Rank 1-2 6* gem
    4t5b 16t2a
    10M gold

And not just for one run, for every clear.
    If not this, then no point in upgrading rewards.

I was gonna laugh but you went too far..
  • Options
    RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    Ya the main reward when RTTL first came out was the LOL key. Now that that's been removed there isnt much of a point to RTTL anymore.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

If you practice, all of it can be beaten by 4 stars and even 3 stars

You're not getting through chapter 3 with 3* I used a team of r3 and r4 god-tier 4* for it and the trauma from it is the only reason I haven't bothered with chapter 4.
    By the way I think the rewards should be buffed a little because as the OP said: By the time you have the team to complete it, you no longer need the rewards.
    I plan on finishing it for that AG to awaken my NF for fun as I don't have him as 5*
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya RTtL serves no purpose anymore. I would say they would be better off just deleting it for space than buffing the rewards for those who haven’t done it(not sayin they should but would be a more correct option to act on)

Once upon a time it was a gate to other content. Now it sits there kind of like ROL with the purpose of being a challenge or something to do that doesn’t really offer much in return when you do it but has no requirement to do it either in game.
  • Options
    PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★

If content is not mendatory (like story quest) rewards should always be untouched.

By that logic, all content isn't mandatory.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    I disagree with the idea that RTTL has nothing to offer in today's meta. Yes, the rewards are irrelevant - but the experience has value.

You learn how to plan a route, and you can't simply smash it with that one 5* champ you got to r4 after 3 months of playing the game. You'll see Safeguard, Spiked Armor etc...and for the cost of 1 energy gain the experience you're going to need for Act 5.2 and beyond.

You should never spend a single boost or unit on it - and don't think about the rewards. It's a training ground now, and from that lens still valuable.

"Git gud" is the annoying answer to many posts here. Maybe we can replace it with "go clear RTTL itemless" :smile:
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I forgot it even existed in the game !
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    A small rttl rewards buff would be nice but I don't think it shud be high on a list of priorities for Kabam.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    It serves no purpose in today’s game, and more and more new players will just skip it altogether. ROL is the potion farm quest, LOL is the first huge health pool quest with decent 5* rank ups. Those two won’t go away. The best option to spike interest in it would be a rewards buff yes, but I think it should just be deleted to save server space