**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Champion boss compensation

Comments

• MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    this is how neutral people feel
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

slacker said:

Lvernon15 said:

Bulmkt said:

Stop whinging about free stuff from Kabam...

No, it’s not free stuff though, it’s compensation for all the excess stuff we used on the champion fight, and those items are now just going to expire
    We gonna have caliver difficult in event quest this month tho...
    I don’t think my rank 3 6 stars are going to struggle there
    And not every calivers have 6r3 champs or even a good 6* roster either
  • Nanard93Nanard93 Posts: 15
    Lvernon15 said:

Nanard93 said:

Hello.

Im little bit disappointed. The compensation, although it has the merit of existing, is poor, even for a single passage. But what bothers me a lot more is the fact that players who beat the nerf version have received these compensations.

Can you explain that ???

The different comps are based on how many times you did the fight, someone who explored it will get more than someone who did initial completion which makes sense
    I have read the comment of kabam boo. So this point, why not, even if i think its a little bit short for one path.

But why players who have just beat the nerf champion ans 0 times the og have compensation ???
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya I agree the compensation is off. Unless people backed out a boatload of times. I 100% explored and looks like I received half the top amount.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I'm not upset with my compensation, I knew what I was getting into when I fought the champion.

It is kind of amusing that people are getting different compensation packages for 100% but seriously what do you expect?

When was the last time they did anything without a shed load of mistakes?

We all need a sanity check. I swear there must be loads of us carrying on playing this debacle of a game because we're hopelessly invested with either time, money spent or both and blindly praying "It will get better", but it never does lol.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

I'm not upset with my compensation, I knew what I was getting into when I fought the champion.

It is kind of amusing that people are getting different compensation packages for 100% but seriously what do you expect?

We all need a sanity check. I swear there must be loads of us carrying on playing this debacle of a game because we're hopelessly invested with either time, money spent or both and blindly praying "It will get better", but it never does lol.

The issue is that it’s all going to expire for a lot of players, the actual stuff that’s there isn’t that bad if you have a use for it
  • Old_man_FenOld_man_Fen Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    It is sound like joke, my friend didn’t even explore this quest, but received twice better compensation. And the best thing - he skipped no retreat node
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Thecurler said:

The issue is that it’s all going to expire for a lot of players, the actual stuff that’s there isn’t that bad if you have a use for it
    Why you keep saying there are no where to spent it, you're sure you could do caliver difficult and omega boss rush itemless ?
    slacker said:

Lvernon15 said:

Thecurler said:

Why you keep saying there are no where to spent it, you're sure you could do caliver difficult and omega boss rush itemless ?
    Cavalier Difficulty, certainly. Omega boss rush I’ve got 2 team revives expiring that I’ll use, and there’s no way I’ll need all of those items
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 132
    I'm fine with the compensation, as it only took me about 10 revives the one time I had done it anyway. Most of those were trying to Quake him down to 10%, and I'd quit out once his healing got low. Considering I'd have spent those revives even post nerf, I shouldn't get compensated for them.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Could trade them in, you'll probably get 5k gold for the lot. (Sorry 😂).
  • amal_nairamal_nair Posts: 82
    edited September 2020
    The rewards seemed fair to me because i remember spending something less than 400 units in completion(haven't explored 6.2 yet), and when calculated the unit cost of the compensation it sums to somewhat an okay amount of units(300 something i guess,i didn't do the math), but then again i didn't do the content at that time expecting a compensation in the future.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Mcord117 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Brian Grant did his 6.2 run itemless, Yet he received a compensation bundle. Here less skilled player did spent tons of revives on first run but compensated based on paths completed.

This doesn’t make sense at all. Please correct compensation based on number pf items used.

Time has value. To me nothing “item less” when the most valuable item of time was invested the way he did. To me he is as worthy as anyone for max compensation as the amount of time he wasted was absurd
    I mean, to be clear... all any of us do is waste time on here. If the challenge brought him enjoyment, then it was as productive as anyone else running content, plus I’m sure he got a few bucks on his streams.
  • genibus81genibus81 Posts: 16
    Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

This is such a wrong way to do it. It should be based on progression.. Champion with multiple links was infinitely more difficult/expensive..
    genibus81 said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

This is such a wrong way to do it. It should be based on progression.. Champion with multiple links was infinitely more difficult/expensive..
    I mean I got the full comp, probably because I did runs even after exploring, but I completely agree, one run I took him with 4 links active and ended up having to resort to aegon burst damage strategy which took far more revuves to get him to 10%. Yes it was maybe dumb on my part, but in other ways it wasn’t because I only needed to do 1 run of the 10%, but that was much harder and more expensive than any other run, and that should be reflected in the packages
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    We should all be arguing for the same compensation (if 100% cleared). Arguing which way was harder to get the 100% is subjective at this point.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Update. Got mine. Spent more on my first run than this but then my next 4 runs wasn’t bad at all. I’ll say this is fair for those who need to 100% 6.3 and 6.4. Just need to 100% 6.4 now so it was useful for me. Sucks for those who have already 100% everything. Hopefully they can use it today on boss rush.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,893 ★★★★★
    Another "compensation" package that I get to watch expire in a few weeks. Thanks!
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

The compensation is actually based on how many times you beat The Champion, not what percentage of the quest you explored. I’ve had Act 6 100% explored for months now, but I only received 9 L2s and 6 L3s revives because I only fought the Champion 7 times instead of 10 since I combined paths to fight him less times to 100% it. So even though I 100% the quest, I got less compensation for it than other people. Which is fine, I fought him less times so it’s not a big deal.

This isn't true, I beat the Champion 7 times and got full compensation.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Kabam Boo said:

1. Just checked the in-game message and it says that the quantity is based on the progress that you have made in that quest. Progress and not the number of times you defeated champion.

2. Even then, your statement is not correct. My alliance mates also bunched up paths and did it in least number of paths and still got the full compensation, while I did not.

So something is wrong here and need to be investigated and corrected.

This is true, I think I fought him 4 times total, which is one off the minimum. I still got the full compensation package. I don’t see how it can be based off how many times we fought him since I am on the low end and still got the full package.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    people complaining about the compensation, well i mean you are the ones who decided to do it and spend doing it knowing how hard it was.
    it was your choice.
    yeah its great they made it easier now, but hey you made the choice to do it hard mode.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kabam Boo said:

1. Just checked the in-game message and it says that the quantity is based on the progress that you have made in that quest. Progress and not the number of times you defeated champion.

2. Even then, your statement is not correct. My alliance mates also bunched up paths and did it in least number of paths and still got the full compensation, while I did not.

So something is wrong here and need to be investigated and corrected.

This is true, I think I fought him 4 times total, which is one off the minimum. I still got the full compensation package. I don’t see how it can be based off how many times we fought him since I am on the low end and still got the full package.
    I think this is literal. I think how many times you actually fought the champion regardless of the paths you took is what they mean. This would explain why Brian Grant got the full compensation. He didn't spend a revive but fought the champion quit and came back over a period of months.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

people complaining about the compensation, well i mean you are the ones who decided to do it and spend doing it knowing how hard it was.
    it was your choice.
    yeah its great they made it easier now, but hey you made the choice to do it hard mode.

That implies we knew there would be an easy mode. No permanent content has ever been nerfed into the ground Iike this, there's a reasonable expectation that it would not change, and if you're trying to stay in the prestige race, it was borderline mandatory.