**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Champion boss compensation

1234568»

Comments

• WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    IKON said:

people complaining about the compensation, well i mean you are the ones who decided to do it and spend doing it knowing how hard it was.
    it was your choice.
    yeah its great they made it easier now, but hey you made the choice to do it hard mode.

if you're trying to stay in the prestige race, it was borderline mandatory.
    I doubt it
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

people complaining about the compensation, well i mean you are the ones who decided to do it and spend doing it knowing how hard it was.
    it was your choice.
    yeah its great they made it easier now, but hey you made the choice to do it hard mode.

That implies we knew there would be an easy mode. No permanent content has ever been nerfed into the ground Iike this, there's a reasonable expectation that it would not change, and if you're trying to stay in the prestige race, it was borderline mandatory.
    I knew full well it would eventually be nerfed. I said it when 6.2 dropped. It was kinda obvious, I didn't wait for the nerf to happen but a lot people predicted it because the Champion fight was way overtuned.

I still didn't see it nerfed to this degree though, the fight is a complete joke now.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

1. Just checked the in-game message and it says that the quantity is based on the progress that you have made in that quest. Progress and not the number of times you defeated champion.

2. Even then, your statement is not correct. My alliance mates also bunched up paths and did it in least number of paths and still got the full compensation, while I did not.

So something is wrong here and need to be investigated and corrected.

This is true, I think I fought him 4 times total, which is one off the minimum. I still got the full compensation package. I don’t see how it can be based off how many times we fought him since I am on the low end and still got the full package.
    I think this is literal. I think how many times you actually fought the champion regardless of the paths you took is what they mean. This would explain why Brian Grant got the full compensation. He didn't spend a revive but fought the champion quit and came back over a period of months.
    Yeah but I didn’t fight him that many times... Of my 4 or 5 runs I used very few revives (like 3-4 or less) except on no retreat. I probably used 10-15 for that one. I don’t recall restarting the quest over and over, think I might have restarted one time.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

slacker said:

Lvernon15 said:

Thecurler said:

I'm not upset with my compensation, I knew what I was getting into when I fought the champion.

It is kind of amusing that people are getting different compensation packages for 100% but seriously what do you expect?

When was the last time they did anything without a shed load of mistakes?

We all need a sanity check. I swear there must be loads of us carrying on playing this debacle of a game because we're hopelessly invested with either time, money spent or both and blindly praying "It will get better", but it never does lol.

The issue is that it’s all going to expire for a lot of players, the actual stuff that’s there isn’t that bad if you have a use for it
    Why you keep saying there are no where to spent it, you're sure you could do caliver difficult and omega boss rush itemless ?
    Cavalier Difficulty, certainly. Omega boss rush I’ve got 2 team revives expiring that I’ll use, and there’s no way I’ll need all of those items
    Are you 100% on Abyss and Summer of Pain?
    Edit: Autumn of Pain
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hey hey folks! Can confirm that compensation is based on number of times you fought the Champion boss, and not your quest progress/completion. Hope this helps!

1. Just checked the in-game message and it says that the quantity is based on the progress that you have made in that quest. Progress and not the number of times you defeated champion.

2. Even then, your statement is not correct. My alliance mates also bunched up paths and did it in least number of paths and still got the full compensation, while I did not.

After more conversations with alliance mates and friends in the community, I agree with this. I've seen apples to apples situations with some receiving full amount and others not. One example is an officer of mine and I. Both did multiple loop runs while exploring and I received full comp while he received half. Really should be looked into.
    Though, I do think the general idea of having comp be based on number of encounters/paths was a great idea in theory. And I think you guys were on the right track with that. Because there are many levels of exploration between completion and full explore. I think something just may have gone wrong with the execution concerning full explore comp.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    this is just the compensation for the boss fight itself.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kabam Boo said:

This is true, I think I fought him 4 times total, which is one off the minimum. I still got the full compensation package. I don’t see how it can be based off how many times we fought him since I am on the low end and still got the full package.
    I think this is literal. I think how many times you actually fought the champion regardless of the paths you took is what they mean. This would explain why Brian Grant got the full compensation. He didn't spend a revive but fought the champion quit and came back over a period of months.
    Yeah but I didn’t fight him that many times... Of my 4 or 5 runs I used very few revives (like 3-4 or less) except on no retreat. I probably used 10-15 for that one. I don’t recall restarting the quest over and over, think I might have restarted one time.
    If that is the case than this doesn't add up. Hopefully they will go back and give the guys who completed 100% the max compensation.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    Haji_Saab said:

Kabam Boo said:

I am in the same boat, bro. My ally mate did the same least path method and got max compensation. I got half of max compensation with same constraint. I raised a ticket, it hit a roadblock. Not many people have actually 100%ed 6.2.6 so this thread will eventually die out and I don't think any other compensation is coming.

Someone in their office probably pushed a random button and sent out the different rewards even for 100% 6.2.6 (or even 6.2) exploration.

#Frustrating #Notjustified
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, we appreciate the amount of care and consideration you put into sharing your thoughts with us! For now, we're so sorry if this was not what you expected. Please know that your feedback has been duly noted. We hope you will continue to enjoy Contest this fine day! Cheers!

Thanks Boo!
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, we appreciate the amount of care and consideration you put into sharing your thoughts with us! For now, we're so sorry if this was not what you expected. Please know that your feedback has been duly noted. We hope you will continue to enjoy Contest this fine day! Cheers!

If you’re so sorry then fix it and make it right. People spent HUNDREDS on that fight and you completely insulted every one of us
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Appreciate an actual reply but what does any of that mean? I’m guess it’s a nice way of saying “tough luck but this is what you get”

If two people 100% 6.2 they should be receiving the same compensation regardless of how many paths they did it in.

For every nice thing you guys try to do you always make sure to throw some ridiculous wrinkle in it to alienate someone. Granted you can’t make everyone happy. I’m pretty sure giving people that 100% the SAME content the SAME compensation or in another term “rewards” wouldn’t break the game....
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Regardless of compensation can I get an exclusive title for beating no retreat Champion , lol ??
  • The compensation is actually based on how many times you beat The Champion, not what percentage of the quest you explored. I’ve had Act 6 100% explored for months now, but I only received 9 L2s and 6 L3s revives because I only fought the Champion 7 times instead of 10 since I combined paths to fight him less times to 100% it. So even though I 100% the quest, I got less compensation for it than other people. Which is fine, I fought him less times so it’s not a big deal.

Dont think so. I combined a bunch of paths, DOubled up a bunch of times. Think i had two links up a couple of runs atleast. But I got the max comp.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    Kabam Boo said:

And issues is closed. Be happy else quit gaming 😁😁
    I love it when they mess up and instead of correcting ask us summoners to move on!
    So many other things going on but I still can’t believe people who completed the same pre nerf content get different packages...
  • Nanard93Nanard93 Posts: 15
    Kabam Boo said:

Hello Boo. Im not really upset about the compensation. But i really dont understand why players who have only won against nerf Champion have rewards, and the same rewards as players who have won at least one time against og Champion. Can you explain me that please ?
    How is everyone OK with receiving less rewards for doing the SAME EXACT thing.

Why should anyone that did 100% receive anything less than anyone else.
  • Getting consumables wasnt the issue for me. The issue was I got 9 revives and done the champion 5 times, 100%. A friend of mine done the champion once for completion and got the 15 revives. How’s that even make sense??