**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So another defeat in a war we should clearly have won

Yes,you’ve issued a statement saying changes are coming... but another war people put a lot of effort into only to get nothing at all...despite killing more in attack and defence and it’s the final straw for some members of our alliance on top of all of the other rubbish that has happened in the last 6 months or so... so yet again not only have people left our alliance right on top of a new AQ but they have quit the game... come on Kabam.. it pathetic... you’re a gaming company.. how could you not see that your attempt to force people to spend loads of cash upgrading champs they only really used in arenas under the guise of diversity would lead to this?

How many wars in history have been won because one side have a more diverse army or armies? I can just imagine Ceaser or Churchill trying to claim a victory in a war because their forces were ‘more diverse’.... stupidity caused by profit blindness!!

If your opponents defence smash your attack... tough... that’s the name of the game...

“Oi Hitler.... lay down your arms... the allies are more diverse than the Axis.... and diversity rules all” there... War over day 1.

In the mean time we’ll try to find people when most know they’ll have too long to wait to claim any rewards!

Stop looking for quick profits and sort out the issues that needed sorting... quick profits now will mean nothing when your player base have all gone!

Jesus... it’s becoming less fun by the day and more of a pain...

You had a great game and a little common sense would keep it fresh and interesting... instead you seem hell bent on ruining it!

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    If you're not adapting to the new meta by now, your losses are on you.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Just happened to us too. Feel your pain defender diversity strikes again..lol. To say Kabam didn't think this through is an understatement. Profanity profanity profanity
  • We won defender diversity by one point. I thought we were going to lose because of all the Magnetos, Mordos and Deadpoools we had but got lucky. Being in a beginner intermediate Alliance this defender diversity isn't a bad thing. We have fun placing all sorts of odd ball champs. Its become a fun game to me with defender placement. My next set of defenders is King Groot, Falcon and The Defenders.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    My alliance lost 5 wars until we finally let of go of our pride and played the system. Now we should win several in a row because we dropped a long ways out of the top 150 with 5 losses
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry you lost, but Diversity is here now. It would make sense to focus on it instead of Defender Kills, which at the moment are not a part of the metrics.
    You don’t kick your members for that. You just all have to reallocate the use of your resources. It’s what you do when things change unexpectedly
    I’m completely fine with the new changes. They were executed poorly but I choose to be the customer so I take what the company gives me. I don’t ask for handouts
    Robbo101 wrote: »
    Grounded, a majority of our alliance have been together for a long time... all working hard to rank up the best champs for the way the game was... now we have to spend loads building up our ‘arena’ champs to win a War by diversity... it’s nonsense. Pure cash grab... and people are leaving over it. Acwar wherecdefence counts for nothing unless you have a shed load of different champs... even if they are weak!!

It's an adjustment. The way Wars were led to several issues. Including the idea that the only Champs that matter are the ones getting Kills. I never suggested you separate your Ally. I also didn't suggest you Rank everything all at once. There is a new system that we are adjusting to, which means we may not be rocking steady Wins until we adjust. The point I'm making is if the idea is that it shouldn't happen, and people are ignoring the system currently in place, then there's not much room to wonder why a Loss came.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Lack of defender kill points absolutely kills war. There is no question about it. So very very stupid.
    It's the system currently in place. A change that was inevitable. There is very little advancement with a system that is about finding a formula with the same few Champs placed over and over, and that guarantees steady Wins because of Defender Kills. Overpowering the opponent to ensure we always win is not skill at all, actually. Not to mention the addition of 6*s. It would just exacerbate the problems when someone places multiple 6* NCs, for example. I'm not entirely sure the main argument is the lack of skill, or the fact that people have a chance to lose. I would argue that those Allies worked harder because they were constantly Matched beyond their capabilities and penalized by their efforts.
    The fact is, for many reasons, it's here. It would be more prudent to pay attention to the current metrics and make an effort.
    More like we were stubborn and too lazy to prepare a spreadsheet for spreadsheet wars @Dropfaith haha
    The fact is, for many reasons, it's here. It would be more prudent to pay attention to the current metrics and make an effort.

But......they keep changing it. Current metrics mean nothing if they change. Why would anyone rank a champ they don't like now for diversity's sake when it can change in a week's time?

Why would they make winning wars dependent on us ranking up champs we don't like? Money? Or is this just terrible decisions?

They're about to lose a lot of players because war is so bad and it was the last redeeming aspect of the game. My alliance is fed up with the new war and have a hard time filling two bgs because of the lack of interest.
    axelelf_1 wrote: »

But......they keep changing it. Current metrics mean nothing if they change. Why would anyone rank a champ they don't like now for diversity's sake when it can change in a week's time?

Why would they make winning wars dependent on us ranking up champs we don't like? Money? Or is this just terrible decisions?

They're about to lose a lot of players because war is so bad and it was the last redeeming aspect of the game. My alliance is fed up with the new war and have a hard time filling two bgs because of the lack of interest.

They have made a few changes, but it's pretty clear Diversity is not going anywhere.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It's the system currently in place. A change that was inevitable. There is very little advancement with a system that is about finding a formula with the same few Champs placed over and over, and that guarantees steady Wins because of Defender Kills. Overpowering the opponent to ensure we always win is not skill at all, actually. Not to mention the addition of 6*s. It would just exacerbate the problems when someone places multiple 6* NCs, for example. I'm not entirely sure the main argument is the lack of skill, or the fact that people have a chance to lose. I would argue that those Allies worked harder because they were constantly Matched beyond their capabilities and penalized by their efforts.

I feel like you’re forgetting that the point of a war is that 2 sides fight and the idea is that the stronger side wins.
    Of course In the really low war brackets many probably don’t fill out their war groups so one side gets it easy anyways.

Defender kills should be brought back, though diversity should stay to thin the horde of magik/dormammu a little. And this is coming from someone in an alliance that has won 7 of the last 8 wars due to defender diversity, where as before we won on average 50% of wars.
    They have made a few changes, but it's pretty clear Diversity is not going anywhere.

The alliance wide diversity to bg diversity is a pretty huge difference. While I like bg by bg better, this is just an example of a rather large shift in their tune from a week previous.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You don’t kick your members for that. You just all have to reallocate the use of your resources. It’s what you do when things change unexpectedly

That's funny ..in another post you told people they should have waited because your against rtds. Your telling people to adapt here and rank up different champs while in a completely different senerio your saying that a person shouldn't have. That's awesome.
  • axelelf_1 wrote: »

The alliance wide diversity to bg diversity is a pretty huge difference. While I like bg by bg better, this is just an example of a rather large shift in their tune from a week previous.

It is a shift from what we had originally intended, but this decision was made based on the feedback we collected from all of you. While we are still working towards the goals we had set from the get-go of this new iteration of Alliance Wars, we've been taking into account the feedback that players have provided.

The goal is still to have Defender Diversity as a tie breaking scoring mechanic, and not the way that it currently functions. We've said this since the first post we made on changes to Alliance Wars last week. We're still moving towards that, and will have more information on exactly how we'll be doing it coming next week!

For now, I'm closing this thread down. Please remember to keep your feedback on the new Alliance Wars in the official discussion thread.
This discussion has been closed.