**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Red Mags: Sig ability so underrated!

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So yeah, I decided I wanted to try out Red Mags vs a juiced up Annihilus to see how well he would work as a Map 7 mini-slayer and... damn... it's impressive to say the least.

After slaying Annihilus I decided to finish the line and go after Darkhawk and, damn, that was even more impressive considering the nodes and the attack.

If anyone tries telling you that his sig ability is irrelevant or doesn't add much, kindly ignore that person. As you can see he's just TANKING those attacks while charging that heavy for the extra prowesses. This is crucially important for endgame level fights like these two. Without the sig he gets wrecked there, with it (at sig 200 no less)he just dominates.

https://youtu.be/vTwTVrPMXIg

https://youtu.be/NHLYlR0JGCs

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I thought mags was class AG worthy from the second I saw his sig ability.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

I thought mags was class AG worthy from the second I saw his sig ability.

Definitely. That sig ability will be the life saver in stun immune fights as well as so many others.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Yes! Red Magneto is worthy of a mutant class awakening gem for sure. Generic? probably no, because out of his base kit 70% is there already. Anyhow, since Magneto relies so much from heavy attacks spam, would you like additional burst of energy damage in each heavy attack? well you need his sig ability. Also, on top of that you get that safety net in case you get hit by mistake or if the game freezes and you get hit by a 5 hit combo LOL. The crit resistance provides even further protection in case of a mishap.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,034 ★★★★★
    who's been saying it isn't needed? lol .... the second i read it i knew it was better to have it than not :D

who's been saying it isn't needed? lol .... the second i read it i knew it was better to have it than not :D

A lot of people just look at the damage and say he doesn't need the dupe for that. He does need the dupe to keep the incoming damage low while he ramps up those prowesses for certain kinds of fights
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I would say it's great to have, but not necessary. My unawakened Magneto is still amazing.

I would say it's great to have, but not necessary. My unawakened Magneto is still amazing.

He's still quite good without it but for those end game level fights where chip damage is an issue or stun-immune fights where you can't rely on parries, the sig is a must have
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    I used generic on him BEFORE his leaked abilities.

I used generic on him BEFORE his leaked abilities.

That was gutsy 😂
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    People have certainly been overlooking it
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    I have a generic gem. I have most of the "need to awaken" champs duped (Fury, Aegon, Omega, CapIW, Void, Ghost, Mojo amongst some others) Would you use a generic AG on Mags, or Corvus, or hold it?
    He's just so damn good now. Used him on Cavalier Warlock boss, 306K HP and melted him with a single SP3 and 35 prowess
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I took my house of x to r2 and I thought he’d a more important than classic but seeing this I’m jealous of not having the classic version.

He’s broken!!!

I wonder why such a huge huge huge gap between the 2 in terms of damage.
    J0eySn0w said:

I took my house of x to r2 and I thought he’d a more important than classic but seeing this I’m jealous of not having the classic version.

He’s broken!!!

The other mags makes his teammates stronger, which is cool but not sexy
    Tru100 said:

I have a generic gem. I have most of the "need to awaken" champs duped (Fury, Aegon, Omega, CapIW, Void, Ghost, Mojo amongst some others) Would you use a generic AG on Mags, or Corvus, or hold it?

Corvus doesn't really NEED it but it's nice. Are you talking 5* or 6*?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Imo, if you are skilled enough, you won't need it but for average players like me, it is a nice bonus.

Imo, if you are skilled enough, you won't need it but for average players like me, it is a nice bonus.

If you're skilled enough you're still facing a lot of stun-immune type fights at high levels
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Took my max sig 5* to R5 over ranking my sig 20 6* for a reason
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    yeah, I think we will see lit of crazy vids in the future. In the right hands he might heavy through unlockables etc ... or as a regular boost after combo before L1/2/3.

Took my max sig 5* to R5 over ranking my sig 20 6* for a reason

Made that same call myself
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Tru100 said:

Corvus doesn't really NEED it but it's nice. Are you talking 5* or 6*?
    Isn't this the same thing? You said yourself Mags is still really good unawakened. His signature just makes him better. It's the same with Corvus. His awakened ability to not die has saved me hundreds if not thousands of units over the years. I don't think I could make the same claim with Magneto. I believe Corvus gains a huge benefit once awakened. His signature level is nice but doesn't make a huge difference. He mainly just needs awakened. I'd use a generic on Corvus as long as it's a 5*. I'd just use a class gem on the Magneto's
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

He’s broken!!!

I mean, House of X is really all about that synergy and support. His self synergy buffs teammates by him just being there. Guidance boost is very powerful. He also has strong synergies with proff x and apocalypse, even further amplifying the entire team, plus he still deals very good damage at max prowess with the potency increase bringing his prowess up to 250ish range.