**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Overpriced Cache Deals

Why around $250 for 1 basic 5* crystal & 25 5* Sig crystals & 5* 20 generic sig stones? You know how ridiculous this is? Why do you guys have random prices on these items every time they’re released? There should be a set price on these items around the time they are needed, 4*’s are DEAD 5*’s are the new 4*’s, should be $100-120 TOPS for 10k shards & how much are sig stones really worth? I’d say $0.50-$1 per generic stone prob 1/2 the price for the sig crystals. Makes no sense one deal with be so much one day then a month or 2 later(which means it should lose value) a very similar deals will be released that’s 2-4 times amount it was a few months back. Does this make any sense Kabam? Why would anyone buy this when we know we can wait it out & get it for 1/2 the price in a few months unless someone is desperate for these items! I could really use these items actually if it was a fair price, I know it’s in units but it’s the same thing as money, if you didn’t spend money on those units then you worked hard on those units & time is money & for 99% of the people buying these deals bought the units. Seriously make a set price on certain items(say $100 for 10k 5* shards as an example) and $1 per generic sig stone & .50 per 5* sig crystal. Combine them & that’s what the deal costs. Shouldn’t be random every time these deals come out, doesn’t make any sense & if the prices where set more people would buy them, I’m Def skipping this deal even tho I need these items, but if I knew these items had a set price I’d buy it cause I’d know a better deal isn’t coming in a month or 2 smh cmon Kabam be like every other company in the world & have set prices on items

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Don't buy it then?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    At least this one is free and you get a bunch of boosts and sig stones
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited September 2017
    Demand sets price, and I completely disgree with your assessment on sig stones. 20 generic 5* sig stones is worth as much or more than 1-5star crystal. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider the deal if the 5* class and generic sig stones aren't present.

The frequent 2500 unit 4 star crystal offer and 400 unit 3 star crystal offer, is hilarious IMO. That is the biggest pricing farse in the game currently.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Everything in MCoC has always been about 2 to 3x the price it probably should be at, particularly for the gamble you take when you open it (nothing in the game is guaranteed, you are buying chances at champions, that crystal could be an Iron Patriot).

It's always been that way however, which doesn't make it right, but I'm not seeing any evidence they are going to change it any time soon.

I already thought they blew the top off their deals back when they had that +400 dollar deal for 1 five star that was only the non basics. People still got Kamala Khans and She Hulk out of those and at 400 dollars each I can't imagine how bad that has to feel.

I didn't go for that one, but I have tried some of the deals in the past. Even then sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you open something you can't really use.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    They don't need to do anything.. not every deal is specifically for you, so don't expect them to be tailored to you.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    As a spender, I can say I will definitely pass on this offer. Make this a Marvelous 5* crystal, then I would consider this.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Antgeo1 wrote: »
    As a spender, I can say I will definitely pass on this offer. Make this a Marvelous 5* crystal, then I would consider this.

Yeah I’m a spender too, usually buy most of the deals but Def passing on this one & so is everyone in my Alliance & they’re big spenders. Don’t see them selling too many of these
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The boosts and sig stones are why they are overpriced. Most people only look at it as getting a 5* when there’s some rare items in there
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    I think the first deal is right and will get that one. The 2nd one will take some thought...if it was all generic stones that would prob sway me cause +10 sig. is a decent boost to a single hero. The third isn't awful but it's just too rich for my blood lol. Sorry you feel that way OP but I don't remember 5* shards being this cheap. Hopefully they get cheaper next time too!
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    As a spender I am also passing on this deal
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I think the first deal is right and will get that one. The 2nd one will take some thought...if it was all generic stones that would prob sway me cause +10 sig. is a decent boost to a single hero. The third isn't awful but it's just too rich for my blood lol. Sorry you feel that way OP but I don't remember 5* shards being this cheap. Hopefully they get cheaper next time too!

Yeah I agree, also the way I look at it too is you need 2x the amount of sig stones then you do with any other tier(obviously cause you need 200 sig to max instead of 99 like 2-4*’s) so getting a few at a time isn’t that appealing. Just really wish they’d set a price for each item, it would make things so much easier for us customers & for Kabam. They wouldn’t have to deal with us complaining & we’d know what it is lol
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Pass, for the amount they are asking, it should be for a featured pull or at least pick your own class (again).
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Well Kabam thinks everyone who plays their game is wealthy
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's for Units, not money. That's an important distinction because some have Units on-hand. It's not necessary to spend money on it. There are also different Tiers, so there is something that may appeal to different ranges of Players. It's not absolutely mandatory to make a full purchase, and there is a value to the other Items in the Cache, not just the Shards. It's also important to note that the In-Game Value is not always determined by the lowest price offered. Meaning sometimes it's just an Offer, and sometimes it's a Sale offered. Sales are lower, but not all Offers can be sales.
  • BoogsBoogs Posts: 17
    just logged in and saw this idiotic deal ........ almost as bad as giving no notice for a 5* class of choice deal . i'll just keep logging in twice a day to get my free heals ; after 4 or 5 days i have enuf to fight my next battle ..... 1 fight per week and i'll clear 5.3 for free with no grind time. Lol!! semi-retirement is fun like that .
  • RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    Wait for it, wait for it....”not all deals are for everyone”. ....but we said we were going to make 5* shards and a2 more available..isn’t this more available? What a joke, everything about this game has become more and more pay to play, we’re not going to let you earn better rewards we’re just going to throw some chump change out there to make it appear we are making it better...but if you want something good, you can just buy them at our steep, steep prices.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Why around $250 for 1 basic 5* crystal & 25 5* Sig crystals & 5* 20 generic sig stones? You know how ridiculous this is? Why do you guys have random prices on these items every time they’re released? There should be a set price on these items around the time they are needed, 4*’s are DEAD 5*’s are the new 4*’s, should be $100-120 TOPS for 10k shards & how much are sig stones really worth? I’d say $0.50-$1 per generic stone prob 1/2 the price for the sig crystals. Makes no sense one deal with be so much one day then a month or 2 later(which means it should lose value) a very similar deals will be released that’s 2-4 times amount it was a few months back. Does this make any sense Kabam? Why would anyone buy this when we know we can wait it out & get it for 1/2 the price in a few months unless someone is desperate for these items! I could really use these items actually if it was a fair price, I know it’s in units but it’s the same thing as money, if you didn’t spend money on those units then you worked hard on those units & time is money & for 99% of the people buying these deals bought the units. Seriously make a set price on certain items(say $100 for 10k 5* shards as an example) and $1 per generic sig stone & .50 per 5* sig crystal. Combine them & that’s what the deal costs. Shouldn’t be random every time these deals come out, doesn’t make any sense & if the prices where set more people would buy them, I’m Def skipping this deal even tho I need these items, but if I knew these items had a set price I’d buy it cause I’d know a better deal isn’t coming in a month or 2 smh cmon Kabam be like every other company in the world & have set prices on items

you assume the price goes down
  • Grimmbear wrote: »
    Don't buy it then?

jackass
  • Why around $250 for 1 basic 5* crystal & 25 5* Sig crystals & 5* 20 generic sig stones? You know how ridiculous this is? Why do you guys have random prices on these items every time they’re released? There should be a set price on these items around the time they are needed, 4*’s are DEAD 5*’s are the new 4*’s, should be $100-120 TOPS for 10k shards & how much are sig stones really worth? I’d say $0.50-$1 per generic stone prob 1/2 the price for the sig crystals. Makes no sense one deal with be so much one day then a month or 2 later(which means it should lose value) a very similar deals will be released that’s 2-4 times amount it was a few months back. Does this make any sense Kabam? Why would anyone buy this when we know we can wait it out & get it for 1/2 the price in a few months unless someone is desperate for these items! I could really use these items actually if it was a fair price, I know it’s in units but it’s the same thing as money, if you didn’t spend money on those units then you worked hard on those units & time is money & for 99% of the people buying these deals bought the units. Seriously make a set price on certain items(say $100 for 10k 5* shards as an example) and $1 per generic sig stone & .50 per 5* sig crystal. Combine them & that’s what the deal costs. Shouldn’t be random every time these deals come out, doesn’t make any sense & if the prices where set more people would buy them, I’m Def skipping this deal even tho I need these items, but if I knew these items had a set price I’d buy it cause I’d know a better deal isn’t coming in a month or 2 smh cmon Kabam be like every other company in the world & have set prices on items

I am where i am without buying any **** they put out everything is sooooo over price only stupid people with money does