**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Problem I never thought I'd have

It may just be me, but I am completely out of tier 1 alpha catalysts. I remember a few months ago I was having to sell them so they wouldn't expire. I was just curious to see if anyone else has this problem. I have 8 tier 2 alpha cats, no tier 1 alphas. Just a problem I never thought I'd have. I'll admit I haven't been doing much of the event quest this month, or questing in general lately. Outside of alliance stuff and the occasional arena milestones when I need extra resources for donations, I've really cut back on playing. I'm a 245k rating, so middle of the pack, by the way.

Comments

• With the map 5 crystals and uncollected daily crystals, plus the occasional t4 basic arena and event quests I usually have enough t4 basics for whatever I need to do, personally. I think I have 6 in stash now after taking hulk to rank 5. But I mean, at least 3 t4cc for each class and no alphas? Help me out a little here kabam...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Hello, alpha arena. I used to run you a long time ago when a 3/30 4* was a big deal, and then I used to yawn at you as the arena that came just before T4b. Now I cant wait until you roll around so I can keep my hungry 5*'s fed and happy.

Dr. Zola
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    At least it doesn't take 2 days for the alpha arena anymore...2 hrs if your screwing off.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    so you've tried nothing and you're all out of ideas...
    imjb1mbzvosv.jpg
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    When I saw the title of your post I knew it would be about tier 1 Alphas. Ridiculous of Kabam to make them plentiful to the point of being worthless and then make them harder to get than t4cc right when they are most needed.
  • Erikfive_0Erikfive_0 Posts: 122
    It's because of map5 crystals don't award them. Map3 crystals will get you a ton. But then you have to drop a tier in aq. So it's a bad trade off. I do the alpha arena though. It helps a little.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    @smdam38 Do you burn your glory on alphas? With the per purchase price increase, its 350 for the first, then 425, 650, 1025 and 1300. For the 5 you need to take a 5* up to R2 or R3, that would be 3750 glory for a set. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a little steep.

Dr. Zola
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    We agreed in my alliance to run map 3 until we have plenty of them. Sucks a bit but its easy fights.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Either T1A should be available in the proving grounds format, or set multiple milestones in Arena rewarding T1A. (Every 750k = 1).

Imagine if you weren't in an alliance. No alpha event rewards, no glory, no map 3 crystals. You can only get 1 in Arena and 5 per month max for monthly event. I don't include greater solo crystals as realistic.

IMO Kabam shorting T1A is for sales. They attach 10 Alphas on high priced deals. You cant even get them with units.

The most sensible thing to do is cut in half the amount needed to rank up 5*s.
    Any chance? NOPE!
    Instead Kabam cut in half the amount of T5B needed to r5 a 5*. That is my favorite Kabam update of all time. They made a formal announcement that we are getting a deal on a something that doesn't exist yet.. coming soon $99 (1) T5B, (10) T1A, and 9,000 T2A shards 30 day cards.
  • For everyone that has experienced the surplus of tier 1 alphas, how much had you progressed in the game when you started seeing this?

Follow up to that, how much did you progress when tier 1 alphas went dry?

I think I'm getting into the surplus phase now.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I started a similar discussion a couple months ago, They used to award map 2/3 crystals in aq milestones, now it depends on your tier and they are all 5/6 in expert tier, so basically we barely get any anymore if you are a map 5 alliance, if you run maps 2/3 then no problem, I've resorted to running alpha arena every week nOw and spending my glory on them, 10 alphas to r3 a 5* is just a joke and I have 3 of those to do right now that I just need alphas for, I sold hundreds of them back in the day too
  • T1 alpha and gold is a joke right now. Please listen to us Kabam. This needs to be fixed ASAP. And by fixed I don’t mean offer us a damn card to buy or unit deal. Change the game to offer more T1a or reduce the quantity requirement to rank the 5* champs. You’re pissing the higher end players off. Not a good idea
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    My alliance runs map 3 all days and I'm still short on t1 alphas...
  • It's a big problem.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    I did quest on all difficulties for valour ive just ranked 3 my magik and r5 my ww2 cap I have 20 ???
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    i could do with about 10 mill gold though haha
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yet, they are more plentiful than ever before. And people are never satisfied.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    This is the history of the game...the items distribution in the game is as faulty as the champs buffs as far as they are concerned. But same pattern, they decide to give it to us without thinking of future consequences (to the bottom line) and then they make a draconian adjustment to correct their mistake. Example: the three star crystal in the 4 star arena...it was removed because it was being farmed to successfully of 4 star shards. The list goes on and on and they have this screwed up idea that if they give us something they need to take something away...they are trying to push put 5 stars, and T4cc cats, so they are going to take away the alphas to "balance it" but that balance is for their benifit not ours ..
    And I think that is why we are getting 6 stars. They have players now with solid 4 star rosters they can't rank and assorted 5s they can't rank...but there are too many of us at such a high dupe rate they had to sabatage it by dumping 70 plus 5 stars into the crystal in lightning time...step back and look at the entire canvas...the big picture...not just your corner of it...
    They are simply rerouting the "revenue stream." They are building a damn to control the flow of alphas so they can give us more t4cc. 4 and 5 star crystal sales have probably dropped. Now the 5 star will rise again to the top of the stream. And awakening gems and alphas to round things out.
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    Save your glory and buy them why do you people complain about it so much.