**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Didn't we just have a 5* of your class choice deal for $100

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
These ones today, pretty steep price I must say...

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    I'm just confused on the logic is all. If they just had a pick your class deal for $100, why offer this for the equivalent amount of shards for a random crystal for 3x the price in units? Befuddling to me.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Because f2p guys can actually buy this after 3 months of intense grinding

For that deal u had to pay to get it
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The boosts and sig stones hold all the value but less people care about prestige now
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    They are making 5 stars more available leading up to the release of 6 stars. This is what we have all been waiting for!! Next week's pay to win 5 star will prolly cost 1k at the current trajectory.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Yep makes no sense, people say “because it’s units not cash” I guess their time isn’t valuable to them. If you went out & got a job instead of grind for units you could get more units with that $ instead of playing arena for hours on end. But yeah the deal is straight shannigens
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Gratz dalbot
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Well, realistically as everyones saying, most people just will not buy it. I think they are just testing the waters to see how much people are willing to pay.

The 100 for a 5 star wasn't terrible (if still really over priced) considering a lot of people still need to buff their rosters before 6 stars hit. I don't think any deal should go higher than that though.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Unit deals are typically "pricier" than cash deals because you can earn units in game. While logging in and playing does provide some value for Kabam, it isn't immediately the kind of value that keeps their lights on. The result is inflated deal pricing when the cost is in units.

Dr. Zola
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    What I don't understand is that this "deal" is by no means cheap. We are naturally free to accept it or pass, of which I'll be doing the latter.

But since it isn't such an awesome deal that no one in their right mind would possibly pass up... Why don't they just make them permanent additions to the unit store. It costs 8000 units to buy all 3 packages. Just leave them up so grinders and/or whales can target them if they want.
    DrZola wrote: »
    Unit deals are typically "pricier" than cash deals because you can earn units in game. While logging in and playing does provide some value for Kabam, it isn't immediately the kind of value that keeps their lights on. The result is inflated deal pricing when the cost is in units.

Dr. Zola

I get the logic, just find the timing in such recent proximity to the $100 deal to be a bit odd
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's for Units, not money. If people have the Units, they don't need to spend. There's also something for a range of Players. Starting with the first Offer. It's not necessary to buy all of them.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Absolutely awful deal. Saying "this is units, not money" would matter IF it was one or two thousand units. Is there any free player in the game who keeps 8k units on hand?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Absolutely awful deal. Saying "this is units, not money" would matter IF it was one or two thousand units. Is there any free player in the game who keeps 8k units on hand?

I am ... almost entirely FTP, I have used giftcards for some things. So close to being one, and I have 16.1k atm.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017

I have 32k. There's people with more than me, also
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    I bought the 800 because i opened 10 uncollected arena crystals and got 900 units. I saw it as a sign. Now i have 8500 units and 30k 5* shards. Just need November to get here.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Man, November is taking so damn long to arrive >.> Can I pay units to hurry it up rather than this deal?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

I get the logic, just find the timing in such recent proximity to the $100 deal to be a bit odd

Totally agree. It feels like they throw at a dart board to determine what gets offered and at what price.

Dr. Zola
    Acanthus wrote: »

And how many hours of play does it take to get 32K units? If you think about the time commitment necessary to get to that point, it's really a lot more time invested than the money would justify otherwise
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    neb wrote: »
    They are making 5 stars more available leading up to the release of 6 stars. This is what we have all been waiting for!! Next week's pay to win 5 star will prolly cost 1k at the current trajectory.

Funny you say that. I contemplated getting the first deal for the Sig stones for 800 units. Decided instead to spend it on 4 Grandmaster Crystals...

kxjtmtbi343r.png

Units well spent

Me too dude! Just bought 1, probably never happen again
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    t4z51qydyc5v.png
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    You're better off using those 8000 units to do the easy path of LOL with a 4* champ.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Acanthus wrote: »

And how many hours of play does it take to get 32K units? If you think about the time commitment necessary to get to that point, it's really a lot more time invested than the money would justify otherwise

A lot? Doesn't matter. I already have a full time job, if I spend the time I currently do on MCOC making more money I sure as **** ain't gonna spend it on the game. Not everyone lives in the US, there are countries where most people get 300$ a month you know