**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Official Kabam Moderator Appreciation Thread

@Kabam Iko, @Kabam Vydious ... Others. @Ad0ra_ , @Kabam Miike especially Ad0ra and Miike, thank you for putting up with us occasionally demanding and perpetually passionate players. I know you take a lot of heat, especially for the broken aspects of the game, but I just want you to know that no one blames you for the state of the game. You don't write the code. You keep us up to date on what's going on with the future of the app we're all secretly addicted to. You're saying what you're allowed to say, and there's simply no better rebuttal to all the hate that gets misdirected at you than for someone to remind the community that you're just doing your jobs. Much love, and thanks for sticking around with the community for over two years! Appreciate you,
-BarryAllen007

P.S. Remember me? I'm being good, I promise.

Comments

• Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »
    I dont hate the mods, although it's easy to get frustrated with them on here. Ad0ra has put out that they are imbedded in the live team and are apart of the development team. So "I guess" when we do get new garbage content they are deserving of some of the negative feedback received.

If you work for the devil are you not the devil? Choices exist

Nope, you are just the devil's lackey. Plus, they might be just volunteers.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    You don't need to tag mod's ...
    Just saying
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Lol why did someone flag this? Genius’ the flag option isn’t a dislike button lmao but yeah I agree it’s theyre just doing their jobs & it’s the higher ups who make the decisions
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Lol why did someone flag this? Genius’ the flag option isn’t a dislike button lmao but yeah I agree it’s theyre just doing their jobs & it’s the higher ups who make the decisions

It was due to the same thing I mentioned above. You can't tag mod's.
    Just to be clear, I didn't flag the post, but someone who knows this rule did it
  • I also did not flag post but it is nothing more than a brown-nosed spam post (IMHO). It has nothing to do with the game or it's mechanics and I believe spam is against ToS.
  • BCdiscman wrote: »
    I also did not flag post but it is nothing more than a brown-nosed spam post (IMHO). It has nothing to do with the game or it's mechanics and I believe spam is against ToS.

These are dark times for MCOC. Just trying to show a little appreciation for a few of the people that have been involved with this game longer than all of us. I'll remove the tags, cut me some slack?
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    I also did not flag post but it is nothing more than a brown-nosed spam post (IMHO). It has nothing to do with the game or it's mechanics and I believe spam is against ToS.

These are dark times for MCOC. Just trying to show a little appreciation for a few of the people that have been involved with this game longer than all of us. I'll remove the tags, cut me some slack?

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe any of the mods have been here since launch, know a few players that have
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★

Agreed
  • I'm starting to see why we can't have nice things.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

People have the right to post positive feedback towards the Mods. That is not Spam. The Forum is also a place for positivity.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    People could have flagged it because it is directed to Kabam or mods. I know it isn’t s post asking for something but more of a we appreciate you guys thread but the mods do say not to direct posts at them or kabam
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    edited September 2017
    Well, though I agree that the mods dont build the code, they are doing their job (well too, i may add) by making our voices heard (as rude or frantic as they may be) to the head(less) honchos. So i dont mind letting off some steam at Kabam in general but I really wouldnt attack any mod personally. (Atleast not till Sep 25 anyways, when my Level 1 warning expires)
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228

People have the right to post positive feedback towards the Mods. That is not Spam. The Forum is also a place for positivity.

Yeah. It's only spam if it's negative, right?
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited September 2017
    So much positivity on here. Almost feel like reaching out my hands and singing kumbayah.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    You don't need to tag mod's ...
    Just saying

You don't need to comment with your 2pence worth just to be a fool
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    I have to give @Kabam Miike credit. The guy keeps his composer and seems pretty polite at times
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Apache wrote: »
    I have to give @Kabam Miike credit. The guy keeps his composer and seems pretty polite at times

He seems like a solid dude fr. I think everyone is just pissed at the responses we get when we point out a problem. Most of us aren't kids and majority of that percentage aren't fools. Btw "composure"
    Phantom wrote: »

Thanks for proving my point, whoever flagged me. I said something negative, and you flagged it as spam. Bravo.
  • Can mods flag us?
  • ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

No. Spam is Spam. As for the Flags, they get misused frequently. People use them to Flag Posts they don't like, which is not what it's intended for. Examples of Spam are posting repeatedly, posting after issues have been responded to, petitioning, etc. Not positive or negative feedback. If it's on-topic, or within the context of the conversation, that is not Spam. Personal attacks and venting would be categorized as Abuse. Abusive Posts can be spammed if they are repeatedly posted, or posted off-topic in order to divert the purpose of a Thread. When someone posts a comment we don't agree with, or has an opinion we don't like, that's not Spam.
    The Thread is likely Flagged because either someone sees the Tagging as inappropriate, or because some Flag any positive post because of their own feelings towards the game and the company. Either way, this Post is not Spam. It's positive feedback.

No. Spam is Spam. As for the Flags, they get misused frequently. People use them to Flag Posts they don't like, which is not what it's intended for. Examples of Spam are posting repeatedly, posting after issues have been responded to, petitioning, etc. Not positive or negative feedback. If it's on-topic, or within the context of the conversation, that is not Spam. Personal attacks and venting would be categorized as Abuse. Abusive Posts can be spammed if they are repeatedly posted, or posted off-topic in order to divert the purpose of a Thread. When someone posts a comment we don't agree with, or has an opinion we don't like, that's not Spam.
    The Thread is likely Flagged because either someone sees the Tagging as inappropriate, or because some Flag any positive post because of their own feelings towards the game and the company. Either way, this Post is not Spam. It's positive feedback.

It was a joke. Many people abuse flags just because the person said something critical they dislike. We agree there. I was poking fun at that fact.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I dont hate the mods, although it's easy to get frustrated with them on here. Ad0ra has put out that they are imbedded in the live team and are apart of the development team. So "I guess" when we do get new garbage content they are deserving of some of the negative feedback received.

I don't care if they work for the devil but they need to do their jobs and actually get this organized with product management and engineering teams. It's freakin ridiculous there isn't a known issues list somewhere where they put a summary of everything being investigated. Maybe we wouldn't have 40 topics about the same thing. Also, actually following up on players issues is a big deal . They will often close issues after players have provided TONS of evidence (e.g. blocking/perry issues) after saying they will look into it months later, and the resolution isn't at all what was desired.

I can think of countless examples where they have done a good job appeasing people and providing information. I can think of more examples where they have done terrible jobs. Remember, this is their JOB, not volunteering...

My advice to mods: listen to the community. you seem to want to do the opposite of what we want. I hope your executive team understands that there were protests and people leaving in droves due to screwups that weren't handled well *cough*new AW*cough*. How hard is it just to give what everyone wants especially when it's something that already existed. Simply revert the changes haha.

Please continue to engage the community. Make every effort to. If you are too swamped, tell your bosses you need more moderators to deal with the increasing bugs and whatnot.

I know you guys have helped me follow up on a few issues and we actually solved 2 bugs eventually. . I appreciate that very much.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★

Nope, you are just the devil's lackey. Plus, they might be just volunteers.

They are not volunteers lol. Volunteers do not work for closed-source for profit software companies on their forums.

I developed an OSS product at a corporation and had to manage the forums as an engineer. It was really cool to see some people step up and be very engaged with helping the community. They had no access to us as resources and couldn't engage us in any way, though, unless we saw something that we felt we needed to address. We reached out to the two most helpful users and made them mods, and eventually they got hired on with us. Lucky for one of them, he made out like a bandit when the company was bought.