**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Replay Bug or infinite rewards

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

Have a feeling that most the ones saying ban isn't necessary are the ones that probably abused it the most and are scared now lol.

I only ran it once. Had no idea it could be exploited until after the event had gone down. The generalizations.
    I ran it 3 times and then stopped because I learned it was a bug on the forums
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

If they aren't going to ban people and strip the stash then everyone who didn't cheat "because that's what exploiters did" should get the highest amount of all the exploits. I want tons of 6 star shards 33 awakening gems sig stones and boat load of gold. I'll be waiting for that or instant karma to all you greedy people.

No one needs to be banned lmao. How are people greedy for taking advantage of an error?

Some of y'all acting like it's the end of the world or something. :/
    It’s unfair to those who weren’t able to exploit the error, plus, as previously stated by Kabam Miike, it’s against the TOS.
    No, I'm not saying to not revoke the rewards earned, but I'm saying that there doesn't need to be any extra action taken to punish those who took advantage of the error.
    Actually, in some egregious cases, I could understand it. Someone that didn't realize and did a few runs isn't exactly the same as someone who may have spammed it knowing there was an issue. Of course that's up to their discretion.
    But it's just taking advantage of a bug. Plenty of people have done this, ie. the Morningstar/CV bug with the Champion, extra compensation, extra Namor/Cull dupes. Why should people be punished for something that Kabam didn't do right?

MrR0b0t said:

If they aren't going to ban people and strip the stash then everyone who didn't cheat "because that's what exploiters did" should get the highest amount of all the exploits. I want tons of 6 star shards 33 awakening gems sig stones and boat load of gold. I'll be waiting for that or instant karma to all you greedy people.

No one needs to be banned lmao. How are people greedy for taking advantage of an error?

It’s unfair to those who weren’t able to exploit the error, plus, as previously stated by Kabam Miike, it’s against the TOS.
    No, I'm not saying to not revoke the rewards earned, but I'm saying that there doesn't need to be any extra action taken to punish those who took advantage of the error.
    I feel that if someone didn’t know and they didn’t open the stuff, then it can be revoked and left alone. But you can’t get something revoked after you open it, so anyone who farmed this over 10 times would have most likely already opened the stuff. Then what is kabam supposed to do.
    That's why I'm in favor of revoking or a rollback, but why should action be taken on certain individuals?

I just don't get why people want to punish morally bad behavior. It doesn't affect you as a player if someone is left unbanned, providing all their extra resources are revoked. Why incite a riot over people who did the "wrong" thing?
    In the case of Morningstar, people were playing with the Champs as they were. Extra Compensation was just something that happened server side, along with the extra Dups. Those weren't things that happened as a result of people going out of their way to take advantage of it. I suppose you might be able to loosely apply Morningstar, but that wasn't even acknowledged as a bug until later. With this, people went out of their way to exploit a glitch in the game, which is what I call the cases where people repeatedly spammed it to the tune of substantial Rewards. There's only so many times you can do something before it's no longer a mistake.
  • SavageTobySavageToby Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    Yeah I ran it 2 extra times before realizing It's not supposed to work that way....@kabam mIIke I received 2000 6* shards too many so will I receive a ban?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

Actually, in some egregious cases, I could understand it. Someone that didn't realize and did a few runs isn't exactly the same as someone who may have spammed it knowing there was an issue. Of course that's up to their discretion.
    But it's just taking advantage of a bug. Plenty of people have done this, ie. the Morningstar/CV bug with the Champion, extra compensation, extra Namor/Cull dupes. Why should people be punished for something that Kabam didn't do right?

MrR0b0t said:

I feel that if someone didn’t know and they didn’t open the stuff, then it can be revoked and left alone. But you can’t get something revoked after you open it, so anyone who farmed this over 10 times would have most likely already opened the stuff. Then what is kabam supposed to do.
    That's why I'm in favor of revoking or a rollback, but why should action be taken on certain individuals?

I just don't get why people want to punish morally bad behavior. It doesn't affect you as a player if someone is left unbanned, providing all their extra resources are revoked. Why incite a riot over people who did the "wrong" thing?
    In the case of Morningstar, people were playing with the Champs as they were. Extra Compensation was just something that happened server side, along with the extra Dups. Those weren't things that happened as a result of people going out of their way to take advantage of it. I suppose you might be able to loosely apply Morningstar, but that wasn't even acknowledged as a bug until later. With this, people went out of their way to exploit a glitch in the game, which is what I call the cases where people repeatedly spammed it to the tune of substantial Rewards. There's only so many times you can do something before it's no longer a mistake.
    Yes, people were probably aware that they were exploiting, but my question is why should they be punished? It's Kabam's fault that they were allowed to re-gain those rewards. Hell, anyone was allowed to regain their rewards, so it wasn't really an unfair advantage, since everyone had access to it.

Kabam handled the Red Rift error well, and as far as I know, they didn't ban anyone who purchased Rift Detectors freely at no Intel cost. If that's the case, why should they ban people now?
    edited September 2020

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

Yes, people were probably aware that they were exploiting, but my question is why should they be punished? It's Kabam's fault that they were allowed to re-gain those rewards. Hell, anyone was allowed to regain their rewards, so it wasn't really an unfair advantage, since everyone had access to it.

Kabam handled the Red Rift error well, and as far as I know, they didn't ban anyone who purchased Rift Detectors freely at no Intel cost. If that's the case, why should they ban people now?
    It was Kabam's fault that the glitch was present. (Although not necessarily because it could have been an error with the server, but it's their game, so yes.)
    What people do is their own responsibility. That's taking advantage of and exploiting the game for unfair advantages. It's actually against TOS. Someone can forget to set the alarm at the bank, but the robber is still legally responsible for robbing it.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

For people who farmed alot of 5/6 shards temporary ban is just a vaccation from the game with the amount of shards or awekening gem farmed. If I was in their shoes I will gladly take 2-3 months ban and it won't have any impact because whatever the login calendar would give won't be as close to the resources farmed. Just remove the excess resources farmed.

You couldn't make enough runs to collect more than 2 6*s within 2 hours of bugs.
    You can earn more than 3 6*s from EQs and side EQs in 3 months, let alone appreciation calendar and war season rewards. That trade is not worth imo.
    It was closer to 4 hours
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

It was Kabam's fault that the glitch was present. (Although not necessarily because it could have been an error with the server, but it's their game, so yes.)
    What people do is their own responsibility. That's taking advantage of and exploiting the game for unfair advantages. It's actually against TOS. Someone can forget to set the alarm at the bank, but the robber is still legally responsible for robbing it.
    Can't believe I'm agreeing but the bank example is great
  • ShøckerShøcker Posts: 200 ★★
    I completed it 2 times, because I was curious what they would give me from the gold chest if I played again, it turns out that they ended up giving me another awakening gem crystal, now what? will they ban me? why better not remove the gem and that's it?
  • RawrdudeRawrdude Posts: 25
    Nah kabam can't do bans,no matter how much the banker guy says
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Shøcker said:

I completed it 2 times, because I was curious what they would give me from the gold chest if I played again, it turns out that they ended up giving me another awakening gem crystal, now what? will they ban me? why better not remove the gem and that's it?

Removing the awakening is the worst possible option people would lose their minds if they removed them the backlash would be huge
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★

Shøcker said:

Removing the awakening is the worst possible option people would lose their minds if they removed them the backlash would be huge
    But if they don't, AG Crystals will lose their value
    And they knew that it was a bug
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Cowabunga said:

If it's not possible to take away rewards without breaking something else, players who didn't exploit the bug should be compensated accordingly to make up for it. Giving out more keys would be fair to everyone just like how they did with rifts.

If you give out more keys to everyone then the cheaters get even farther ahead. Hearing people openly admit to 19 awakening gems or 33 is theft. If I leave my car unlocked does it give you the right to come back and continually open my door and take something. Even if you give back money after robbing a bank you don't go unpunished.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Whaaaat said:

Shøcker said:

Or they could just remove the extra awakening gems the people got. People will be extremely pissed if they lose a 5 star gem. This is a terrible idea to remove it entirely
  • Baljeet23Baljeet23 Posts: 3
    Live with your consequences kabam don’t ban people like you guys are little children stop being baby’s and man tf up kabam mike and everyone else that work theyre

Whaaaat said:

Shøcker said:

Or they could just remove the extra awakening gems the people got. People will be extremely pissed if they lose a 5 star gem. This is a terrible idea to remove it entirely
    If they knew they weren't supposed to have it, that's on them. That's pretty much taking it and trying to get away with it by using it. Again, once or twice extra is a mistake. Many times is a clear violation.
  • Kabam Boo said:

Thanks for alerting us of this issue, folks! The event will be paused temporarily until we can resolve this bug. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation!

Meanwhile, feel free to complete the objective for a Platinum Jones Locker if you haven’t done that today! This will still be available to you while we work on getting you back on the Island!

Stay tuned!

Does this mean that I will have the awakened version of my 5 star Cap IW taken away because I played epic difficulty's one path one time and got a 5 star awakening gem crystal and got a science one from it and then awakened Cap IW but I never did a second run for it because I thought the rewards on 1 path were claimable only 1 time.I did nothing wrong in doing it only one time or is that also a crime?
  • Baljeet23Baljeet23 Posts: 3
    3 decades later and they still working on this ****

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

I understand that it's against TOS, but the exploitation of any bug is against the TOS, yet I don't see Kabam banning everyone who's taken advantage of a bug. Not that I have a say in what Kabam can or cannot do, but having discrepancies when deciding to punish or not isn't the best.

It's still illegal to rob a bank if there was no alarm, yes, but what if the bank hadn't pressed charges on most robbers when they've robbed the bank? Sure, robbing a bank is still illegal, but it gives the jury a reason to doubt.

Again, robbing a bank is still illegal, and taking advantage of any bug is still against the TOS, but why should Kabam punish some exploits and not others?

It won't affect me if they do decide to punish people anyway. 🤷

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

I understand that it's against TOS, but the exploitation of any bug is against the TOS, yet I don't see Kabam banning everyone who's taken advantage of a bug. Not that I have a say in what Kabam can or cannot do, but having discrepancies when deciding to punish or not isn't the best.

It's still illegal to rob a bank if there was no alarm, yes, but what if the bank hadn't pressed charges on most robbers when they've robbed the bank? Sure, robbing a bank is still illegal, but it gives the jury a reason to doubt.

Again, robbing a bank is still illegal, and taking advantage of any bug is still against the TOS, but why should Kabam punish some exploits and not others?

I have yet to see a bank that won't press charges when they're robbed. Your other examples aren't really examples of people taking advantage of something.
    If 1000+

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

I have yet to see a bank that won't press charges when they're robbed. Your other examples aren't really examples of people taking advantage of something.
    Exactly. That means a bank really isn't a good example to use.

Did people not take advantage of the Rift Detector bug? Do people not take advantage of character bugs? Do people not take advantage of reward bugs?

Bugs are bugs, regardless of how detrimental they are. As Kabam has pointed out in their TOS, the exploitation of any bugs is against the TOS, and although the extent of punishment is at their discretion, I just find it a bit odd how they pick and choose which exploits to punish and which ones, not.
    It depends on value of bug 😂, if you exploit character bug and become uncollected it's fine.
    But if you get 5 stars and ags for free that means thier monetary loss and you know how much kabam loves money 😂
    Rawrdude said:

If 1000+

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

Did people not take advantage of the Rift Detector bug? Do people not take advantage of character bugs? Do people not take advantage of reward bugs?

Bugs are bugs, regardless of how detrimental they are. As Kabam has pointed out in their TOS, the exploitation of any bugs is against the TOS, and although the extent of punishment is at their discretion, I just find it a bit odd how they pick and choose which exploits to punish and which ones, not.
    It depends on value of bug 😂, if you exploit character bug and become uncollected it's fine.
    But if you get 5 stars and ags for free that means thier monetary loss and you know how much kabam loves money 😂
    But why not punish both?

Rawrdude said:

If 1000+

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

But why not punish both?
    Lazy is the best answer I guess 😂
  • ShøckerShøcker Posts: 200 ★★

Shøcker said:

have the gem removed from my inventory that's what I mean
    Rawrdude said:

Rawrdude said:

If 1000+

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

But why not punish both?
    Lazy is the best answer I guess 😂
    Exactly, so why should laziness be the determining factor over whether someone is banned or not?
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Oh i feel the infamous rollback comming 😂😂😂