**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doom resist interaction

How is Doom able to resist Things’ SP2 which is unblockable for the whole duration of the special?

Comments

• KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    So his unstoppable, stops Things unstoppable.

Well, don’t really understand or agree with the mechanic but this is Kabam.

Thanks.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    Anyone else call it the Hazmat Aura?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    KattohS said:

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean here. One unstoppable wouldn't "stop" another unstoppable. That's not how they work. Unstoppable just means your attacks won't be interrupted.

Maybe you're referring to Thing's ability to nullify unstoppable buffs during special attacks. Doom doesn't Trigger an unstoppable buff, rather he just becomes unstoppable during the last hit when his aura is up. There's no buff to nullify, so Thing can't counter it.
    To be honest thing actually becomes unblockable my mistake in my original post by saying unstoppable. But Doom was able to resist it.

You have to block in order to resist right 🤷🏽‍♂️, so it doesn’t make sense to me but it is what it is. I’ll just play around it from now on.

KattohS said:

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean here. One unstoppable wouldn't "stop" another unstoppable. That's not how they work. Unstoppable just means your attacks won't be interrupted.

Maybe you're referring to Thing's ability to nullify unstoppable buffs during special attacks. Doom doesn't Trigger an unstoppable buff, rather he just becomes unstoppable during the last hit when his aura is up. There's no buff to nullify, so Thing can't counter it.
    Thanks for trying to clarify but see my other post. I said unstoppable when I meant unblockable.

• FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 308 ★★
    I think the confusion is because the mastery that lets you block heavy attacks has a *resist* popup. Doom doesn’t block the special, he just doesn’t take the knockback. So he can immediately retaliate with a heavy.
    I understand what everybody is saying but he is resisting a special attack SP2 from Thing which is unblockable. Not a heavy attack.

His abilities says that Doom becomes unstoppable and stun immune, however only resist popped up, and he is in his blocking stance.

To HI_guys stand your ground is a mastery, while this is an ability while fighting in the event quest. Plus this is where things get greyed out. It should either resist unblockable attacks or don’t. That way it’s my choice wether to take that chance. Against a champion such as doom that could be the end of the fight.

As I mentioned before I will just fight around it.