**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5.3 Green goblin supposed to be science ?

Was green goblin supposed to be a science champ but switched last minute to tech?
I find it interesting that going through 5.3 all the specific class quest have that specific boss besides science
for example
mystic book has mordo final boss
tech book has howard final boss
mutant book has rogue final boss
cosmic book has hypieron final boss
skill book has bpcw final boss
and science has green goblin as final boss
why is the science chapter the only one without the class specific boss? almost like green goblin was originally a science champ

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    There was a thread about this when 5.3 first came out. Miike said the reasoning was they wanted to incorporate new champs whereever possible. If you look at all the final bosses, they are relatively new, with bpcw being the oldest. Not so much as GG was science, as their goal was to include newer (annoying) champs we weren't used to fighting. Also used some excuse about how the grandmaster hates spidey so he loves the spidey villians.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    He was supposed to be Science, and I'm thinking he was supposed to actually be difficult as well.

5.3 is a joke compared to 5.2
  • It wasn't me, but DK did touch on this. Green Goblin was decided long before we had even started to develop the structure of the Chapter. He is the boss of the Chapter as a sort of insult to the Collector, since Spider-Man is (was?) the Collector's favourite Champion.

Again, Green Goblin was NOT originally a Science Champion.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I heard he makes for an easier boss though than the other quests in that chapter so Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all of us!
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    It wasn't me, but DK did touch on this. Green Goblin was decided long before we had even started to develop the structure of the Chapter. He is the boss of the Chapter as a sort of insult to the Collector, since Spider-Man is (was?) the Collector's favourite Champion.

Who's his second?
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    SummonerB2 wrote: »
    It wasn't me, but DK did touch on this. Green Goblin was decided long before we had even started to develop the structure of the Chapter. He is the boss of the Chapter as a sort of insult to the Collector, since Spider-Man is (was?) the Collector's favourite Champion.

Who's his second?

New Question?
    Mike... Why is Antman and Yellow Jacket in the Science Class? They should be techs too right? Please explain the difference between Doc Ock... Green Goblin... Antman... Yellow jacket?
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Two are new and two are old. There.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Can’t place a new science champ that was added since bpcw anyway lol
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited September 2017

No wonder Spidey is the (money) collector favourite, the amount of units that guys generates from the ever still present evade an punch at the same time bug that you guys "can't" fix
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    There was an outcry when GG and Doc Oc were both tech. I think it's hilarious that the final two champs in the science section of 5.3 are Doc Oc and GG. Kabam knows they are science, and clearly treats them as science but they are still tech...
  • I don’t really see the problem. They both use tech. And their classes don’t really make a difference, unless you strongly believe in class advantages. Tech and science masteries are garbage
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    My question is... Why not just have the Tech quest be the final one? Then they would fit in perfectly, with no weirdness. And Quake could be the Science quest boss, due to being the newest Science champ.
  • GG should be science he is a SCIENTIST
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    I don’t really see the problem. They both use tech. And their classes don’t really make a difference, unless you strongly believe in class advantages. Tech and science masteries are garbage

The problem has nothing to do with GG and Ock specifically. It's because it's been more than a year since Kabam dropped a new science champ which distorts the game in all kinds of obnoxious ways for the players. It's bad design on the part of kabam and people are getting annoyed with it.