**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29
    Spiral said:

I didn't run the event at all so I dont know, but if you entered it twice, are you banned for a week as well? Seems like the punishment should not be equal across the board. (people who entered it twice vs people who did it like 30 times)

if you only did it once I think they forgave you because you probably wouldn't of noticed. They said that some people that didnt abuse it wouldn't be banned, they'd just lose there extra rewards.
  • SonlokuSonloku Posts: 67
    This is just not right kabam! Undo your bans! We did not know it wasnt suppose to be like this!
  • JUST REMOVE THE ITEMS PROBLEM IS SOLVED. BAN PEOPLE AFTER SEASON IS OVER IF YOU WANT TO
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

YOU BREAK TOS, YOU GET PUNISHED

SIMPLE

I'd say that nearly everyone has exploited some game mechanic in their MCOC lifetime. Does everyone get punished? No.
    @Notsavage19 I was speaking about this situation but yeah what you said is also true
    Exactly, so why punish these people for exploiting when you don't punish others for exploiting in other ways?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Couldn’t this have waited until after aw? I didn’t get banned but several in the ally did and now our war will likely go down the toilet. Why couldn’t you have just waited to do this until after aw so all the people who didn’t exploit wouldn’t get screwed as well?

Couldn't you have just not exploited a bug?
    IKON said:

I rather enjoy everyone trying to poke holes in an analogy and completely ignoring the obvious moral question.

You knew what you were doing, and you got caught.

Morally bad behavior should never be punished.

It is against to rules to exploit this bug, but many people stopped after 1-2 runs and realized that it was a bug. They shouldn’t have been punished.

How does Kabam know which players abused the bug and which ones were just unaware of it? Not everyone who plays MCOC reads these threads
    Exactly. There's just way too much assuming for me. Again, this was messy execution.
This discussion has been closed.