**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★

It is against to rules to exploit this bug, but many people stopped after 1-2 runs and realized that it was a bug. They shouldn’t have been punished.

They're banning for egregious abuse. If someone ran it twice, I bet they aren't banned. If you ran it 4-5 times at least, you get what you f'n deserve
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Lmao said:

Keniutek said:

168hrs for 10, 12, 15 AG's or few k units is nothing.
    Still... LOL :P

Actually Kabam is removing all the extra items so...
    What about the people that used some? I know people that got 5 or 6 awakening gems and used then knowing Kabam screwed up. Will they roll back the champs as well?
    Pretty sure no one was getting 6* awakening gems as that isn't one of the items obtainable from this SQ..
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

Couldn’t this have waited until after aw? I didn’t get banned but several in the ally did and now our war will likely go down the toilet. Why couldn’t you have just waited to do this until after aw so all the people who didn’t exploit wouldn’t get screwed as well?

Rofl yeah lets make it convenient for the cheaters...
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I fail to see why this is hypocritical.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

40 sigs and a week ban, absolutely bs, ban people who farmed tons of ags, not hardly useful items, make it like 8+ runs or something, you’ve never banned over minor issues before

If you ran any path more than 2 times, you know what you were doing. Actions like this from Kabam show that it doesn’t pay to game the system, so take your punishment and cool your heels for the week.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Maldroit2 said:

I fail to see why this is hypocritical.

throwing out big words
  • NukusNukus Posts: 10
    it was a exploit, people knew you could and maybe would get banned. it was a bug. people exploited it. kabam didn't tell them to do that, it was at your own risk.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it's inconsistent. If you want to use banning as a method of punishment for all violations of the TOS, then you can't excuse smaller instances of exploiting.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    Ya sure it was kabams mistake but it was also your mistake to re-run the path continually
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I think there should be varying levels of ban for those poor guys like @Lvernon15 who only ran like 3 times at most a 24-48 hour ban. And then the people that did it like 5+ times the 1 week ban the minor ones should be way less then a week

Yeah, 40 sigs does not warrant missing season rewards, I mean if I actually knew they’d do anything I wouldn’t have done a single run, they haven’t done anything like this for minor things in the past, only huge exploits which 4 extra runs for sigs just isnt
    Why you will lose season rewards?
    The ban is for 7 days
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it’s the first time they’ve banned for minor exploits
    did you get banned as well?
  • ZipioZipio Posts: 128
    Theres already been 4 million threads...
  • KeyloKeylo Posts: 16
    I feel bad for you if you think hypocritical is a big word 😬😬😬😬
This discussion has been closed.