**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake players who is your Achilles heel?

Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
3) This has got to be nightcrawler. All the flashes when he dashes back really messes up my game and makes me blink much more than usual.

2) Taking the number 2 spot has got to be Drax. When ever Drax throws his medium attack and I'm against the wall it creates this weird thing afterwards where Drax gets pushed back but is still in striking distance. It just messes up my flow and always gets me clipped.

1) The number one spot goes to myself. It seems that the saying "you are your own enemy" is true. One instance for this is when a fight is long and I out of boredom look at the opponents health for too long, next thing is I'm combo'ed into oblivion

Now I would really want to hear what your weaknesses are when playing quake, wether it's a certain champ or something you do!

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★

Double mediums mess me up a ton

Same.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Domino, korg since I parry, annihilus, yondu to name a few
  • Sasquatch really. Mostly because his animations are newer-ish and his Wrath of Tanaraq causing him to be stun immune. Just throws a wrench in my playstyle.

Oh and Drax because he has that weird double medium thing.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Annihilus is very annoying for some reason

I like Annihilus. Debuffs applied through block = free healing via willpower.
    Same!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Sweaty fingers and a dirty screen

oh man, totally this. especially sweaty fingers for me
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Anybody who does double attacks, also Corvus in variant 4 destroyed me every time, so much so that I took a different path, even though the path with Corvus was easier than the path I took.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 839 ★★★
    IMIW and iceman.
    In terms of animation though, probably domino’s second medium since it’s quite slow compared to the likes of tigra
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I'm either really good with quake or I'm not, there's no inbetween. For example mystic herald day, did about 5 runs in one sitting flawless one shots on doom. But just before I slipped up against mephisto & he's like the the easiest quake bait ever.

So I suppose it's me actually, I just sometimes suck
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Other than built-in counters, just the occasional double hit mediums (they don't often mess me up but every one in a while it happens) and sweaty thumbs. Also Nick Fury. Once I'm in the corner, all he wants to do is throw heavies (I don't even play parry style) and I can't quite get the timing right when I try and dex the second hit.
  • Xander_1_1Xander_1_1 Posts: 10
    It’s really anyone with a double medium. It messes with the natural flow. Personally I struggle with Aegon, Ronin, Stealthy and Drax.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    2-hit heavies like Dormammu or OML
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Cull Obsidian for some reason. He’s quake food but kinda intimidating for me.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★
    I’m not great vs champs with double mediums.