**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Oh so sad lol looters mentality got caught being greedy I'm glad y'all got banned. Hope you are locked out the rest the x-men treasure event too. Wish they could lock you out of the cyber weekend too. Just like the credit card scammers I feel zero sympathy for anyone who ran this event more than twice.
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    I wasn’t banned and only a couple members of the alliance were. But Kabam should remember that people choose to play. Treat them poorly, and they will leave. It’s already a total pain to have to manage 30 people for AW / AQ and this impacts a lot of people beyond the ones who went through more than 3 times. There are issues and bugs EVERY month, you (Kabam) screwed up, and now you are screwing over a bunch of people who didn’t mess up during the middle of AW season. If there weren’t frequent crashes, bugs all the time, and stacked odds for good champs, it would be different. Don’t be surprised when folks move on.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I don't see why it's shady. the event dropped yesterday and the bug was found yesterday. a day for them to hand out punishment and fix the event seems normal
  • Razer_Boltz619Razer_Boltz619 Posts: 131 ★★
    Unio77 said:

You know what's also shady.

Running a path with an AG as much as ppl could want. But ppl were so blinded by the rewards that they couldn't think how broken the idea is

This is so incredibly general. U cant compare someone who ran it 4 times in sig stones to some one that ran it 10 times in AG
  • Are the bans still happening or am I safe I did it 3 times but didn’t know that it was a bug it was only sig stones
  • MattyPerlerMattyPerler Posts: 91
    Jaded said:

If they got the worse reward then why did they run it so many times kabam flagged it as abuse to be banned? 🤦‍♂️🤔 I mean if they were bad rewards...

They are banning people who ran the path 2 extra times. Thinking they are only considering 1 rerun an accident
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    King09712 said:

should have been 30 day ban, stripped of the rewards and other things

Ok now that’s wayyyyy to harsh for the majority of players. (Maybe for the one guy who got 35 awakening gems)
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Wasn’t there an exploit pretty similar to this a couple years ago that people got banned for? 90% certain there was.

Yes, but only the major exploiters got banned, not people who did it a couple of times
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it's inconsistent. If you want to use banning as a method of punishment for all violations of the TOS, then you can't excuse smaller instances of exploiting.
    This a complete and totally intellectually dishonest argument.

force closes aren't punished like this is because it's because it's gaining items and unlevelling the playing field. Saving 1 revive at the cost of half your health isn't comparable to gaining several AGs or thousands of 6* shards. I know that you know this.

We have real world examples as we, such as a misdemeanors and felonys, and different punishments even within the subgroups.

Even if we go down your road, it's well within Kabams rights to enforce the TOS as it sees fit.
    Force closing doesn't always take half your health. Even if it's minor, it's still a TOS violation.

I'm not disagreeing in that quitting out is on the same level as farming. However, both are still violations and should be treated as such.

I recognize that I have no say in how Kabam treated its violations, but all I can say is that the way they're doing things is messy.

My solution? Punish each and every instance of bug exploits, whether it be force-quitting, farming, character bug exploits, etc. Why should the smaller violations go unpunished?
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    So we know people who exploited that island are getting banned and items removed... What happens to the points they put on events?.. are they going to be withdrawn?..
  • Lmao,they break the rules and don't want to be banned
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Wasn’t there an exploit pretty similar to this a couple years ago that people got banned for? 90% certain there was.

Yes, but only the major exploiters got banned, not people who did it a couple of times
    But the rewards are different
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29

Super Bad Move i totally disagree even if i didn't exploit the bug .. you cannot punish someone for your mistakes

why didn't the team try the event before throwing it to us ..

since the fault is yours you should only remove the rewards gained banning peoples for this is not a good strategie and unfair

They probably did test it one the beta server. They most likely had a problem once they brought it over due to it being behind a patch or something. The players that got banned deserved what they got, next time you play a different READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE.

And to be fair I wanted to do the exploit, but I didn't because it was unfair to others and would break TOS. Read DNA3000's point.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

It's not ridiculous it's hilarious. Anyone saying they didn't realize what they were doing is absolutely full of it

Exactly. Doing it once after the initial run? Sure, innocent mistake. Going back in again after seeing that you got rewards a 2nd time? They knew what they were doing.
  • MattyPerlerMattyPerler Posts: 91
    bdawg923 said:

It is against to rules to exploit this bug, but many people stopped after 1-2 runs and realized that it was a bug. They shouldn’t have been punished.

They're banning for egregious abuse. If someone ran it twice, I bet they aren't banned. If you ran it 4-5 times at least, you get what you f'n deserve
    You are being banned for running an extra 2 times. Seems they are only giving passed on people who ran it one time extra.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    That's the chance people take when they knowingly take advantage of something. There's usually a cocky assumption that they'll get away with it, either because it's on Kabam's end, or because they used the Resources quickly, or what have you. Truth be told, I can only really empathize with anyone who didn't realize what they were doing, and only the genuine cases. When we make poor choices, the consequences can accumulate and we don't get to choose our consequences. Whether it's War, or the Arena, or whatever else it is. Doing the wrong thing is always taking a chance. I get that it sucks to miss out on things, but there's not much to say when people bring it on themselves.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Why is this shady??.. they will be in the mail next week when they are finally able to log in... And miss a 2nd round of SA awards 😂😂
This discussion has been closed.