**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

I played a lot of games in my days and I can assure you playing around with a bug is pretty common and there is no wrong thing about it. Only wrong thing is that the developers launched the game without proper testing. People play games for fun and bugs and glitches are good source too, that's no punishable crime. Only thing wrong is some of us couldn’t take advantage of it and now we're behind in progression. Also some of us play hard and pay money for resources while others getting free resources. It's that wrong, yes. Are they doing wrong? NO! You have to understand there's a thin line between them. And please, let's be honest we all would've taken the opportunity if we could. This is a game, not a morality test. If they are taking back the resources(which they should) that's completely fine. But banning someone for it? Hell no. It's like they are punishing players for they're (Kabam) mistakes.

ToS
    Use features of the Services for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting glitches for personal gain;
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Those of y'all who are taunting people for getting banned better not've forced quit out of a fight to save a revive, or any other exploit because then it's just hypocrisy.

Or disconnect when you're almost dead in AW and AQ only to come back at half-health >:)
    It is the same as pausing and letting the time run out, in AW it registers as an loss, however there is no penalty in AQ except for the losss of life so it is not an exploit. But before they fixed it in AW so it counted as a loss I believe bans went out for people who exploited it.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.
    Exactly! They agreed to the TOS when they started playing the game so it is dumb that they would say that they don’t agree with the TOS now when it affects them
  • reversereverse Posts: 21

I played a lot of games in my days and I can assure you playing around with a bug is pretty common and there is no wrong thing about it. Only wrong thing is that the developers launched the game without proper testing. People play games for fun and bugs and glitches are good source too, that's no punishable crime. Only thing wrong is some of us couldn’t take advantage of it and now we're behind in progression. Also some of us play hard and pay money for resources while others getting free resources. It's that wrong, yes. Are they doing wrong? NO! You have to understand there's a thin line between them. And please, let's be honest we all would've taken the opportunity if we could. This is a game, not a morality test. If they are taking back the resources(which they should) that's completely fine. But banning someone for it? Hell no. It's like they are punishing players for they're (Kabam) mistakes.

ToS
    Use features of the Services for anything other than their intended purpose, including exploiting glitches for personal gain;
    Farming potions in rol IS glitching ?
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Dayum!!! I fall asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours and wake to find it’s all going off!!!

Having spent a fair amount of time reading through everything, I can’t say that bans are the worst outcome at all. Something needed to be done to remind people that exploiting any bug, whether it’s Kabam’s fault or someone else’s, won’t be tolerated. Especially as it’s a violation of the TOS!

That being said, I really don’t feel that blanket 1 week bans for EVERY single person that ran this more than 3 times is the right thing to do. In Law, there are sentencing guidelines to help judges arrive to an appropriate punishment within clearly defined parameters.

As many people have chosen theft as an appropriate analogy, I’ll stick with it. A person stealing £100 doesn’t, and shouldn’t, generally receive the same sentence as a person who steals £10,000. There are guidelines that state, thefts of between £A and £B should receive xxxxx. Thefts between £C and £D should receive xxxxx. And this goes on. (I say generally, as each judge will have their own view and thus verdicts differ, wildly in some cases).

In this scenario, something similar probably should have been adopted.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Habstrakt said:

Daddrieda said:

Habstrakt said:

Daddrieda said:

i don't think it's the player's fault. the player didn't create the update release code. so the mistake is at kabam's side for missing the code to avoid bug and exploit.

Kabam made a mistake, that's what makes us human. Doesn't give the people the right to "Steal" from the community. Read some of DNA3000 Posts
    Yes. they could actually have already double checked and fine tuned it, but the bug/exploit code came out of nowhere after releasing so it's difficult to point whose fault it is actually. Of course the players that took advantage of the exploit should've stopped in beforehand as the post said, at my own understanding, that the treasure island key is once per open gate so once a day when the special objectives refresh to give another key.

Just saying it's both the community and kabam's fault. Unless I read your post wrong, and you knew that's what I meant. They could've also made the game pay to actually play, so be grateful that they put a free game out with some minor (and major) bugs. Any free to play game is good unless its just bland and spams things that make you spend money.
    no you are understanding it right.

''you knew that's what i meant''
    ''so be grateful that they put a free game''

i feel gunned.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Nakuul said:

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.
    Answer me this.. U can ban them indeed, but what about the alliances that they are in? How all of those alliances find replacements? After this a lot of alliances will searching for recruits, not all of them will

And what if couple ppl got banned for their mistake of judgment? Does that mean that they have to be kicked for this?.. Or do alliances have to find a replacement and kick them after a week when the original members come back

I didn't get banned,neither I want to discuss if they should be banned or not. Not my decision.. But this affect a lot of ppl that done no harm, aside those that actually exploit the ban
    Being in an alliance doesn't shield a user from punishment for an abuse. Nor should it.
    Numerous bugs went unpunished in mcoc

And as u can see from the general vibe in this thread. Community is split in half about what is right and what is wrong.. End of the line is what kabam decide that matters.. But making a judgement to punish this bug where others didn't doesn't make sense when this will harm more ppl than those that actually deserve the ban according to kabam

This kind of bugs happen so often that they should already have a plan of how to remove the rewards that unrightfully members got.. All this was not needed, only because they chooce to look the other way too many times for bugs like that at the past.. If this was suppoce to be a lesson for community to stop exploiding bugs, they should have find a better time to do it

Lagasy when he did omega boss rush and noticed that he got wrong rewards, he rushed to open the T5cc crystal, because he knew it was a bug and that he will get to keep it, eventually Every1 got to keep it.. But should he be banned also because he decided to exploit a bug? The outcome wouldn't matter isn't it?.. I mean he deliberately tried to exploit a bug... And to answer my own question, no he shouldn't be banned for something like that

Trying to have a friendly discussion to understand the though process of all that, have a nice day
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Mikusik1 said:

Well very good statement ;) from now on I will not spend a single dollar for this game :) I really do not like “ you can kiss my back” approach :)

Well this is another failure of Kabam I last 2 months :) in my opinion rather then banning account You should give to all players the amount of AG, which was collected by the biggest “ cheater “ :) this would be fair :)

PS. You may reconsider changing Your QA team , because there is very low level of quality here ;p
    You can't be serious
    Please tell me that you are not serious
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I feel like if they ban people for the number of extra times (excluding 2 times) they did it so the people who did it like
    100 times would get like a 99-day ban and people who did it twice would not get banned but their extra stuff taken.
  • IKON said:

If no employees are at a store, does it become OK to take the products?</blockquote
    You’re hilarious. Everyone knows that’s stealing because you are taking a tangible good that was manufactured. Get real. Anyways, the people complaining are mad because they didn’t get to get rewards that were there and not explicitly said to not try to be collected more than once. That’s a new rule I never heard. I’ve never seen on any loading screen “do not run quests multiple times because it’s against eras of service”. Who hasn’t run the daily multiple times after 100% for the shards you need? Get real. This ban just wrecked the release of apocalypse I can tell you that, you won’t get 1 cent from me.

Nakuul said:

Answer me this.. U can ban them indeed, but what about the alliances that they are in? How all of those alliances find replacements? After this a lot of alliances will searching for recruits, not all of them will

And what if couple ppl got banned for their mistake of judgment? Does that mean that they have to be kicked for this?.. Or do alliances have to find a replacement and kick them after a week when the original members come back

I didn't get banned,neither I want to discuss if they should be banned or not. Not my decision.. But this affect a lot of ppl that done no harm, aside those that actually exploit the ban
    Being in an alliance doesn't shield a user from punishment for an abuse. Nor should it.
    Numerous bugs went unpunished in mcoc

And as u can see from the general vibe in this thread. Community is split in half about what is right and what is wrong.. End of the line is what kabam decide that matters.. But making a judgement to punish this bug where others didn't doesn't make sense when this will harm more ppl than those that actually deserve the ban according to kabam

This kind of bugs happen so often that they should already have a plan of how to remove the rewards that unrightfully members got.. All this was not needed, only because they chooce to look the other way too many times for bugs like that at the past.. If this was suppoce to be a lesson for community to stop exploiding bugs, they should have find a better time to do it

Lagasy when he did omega boss rush and noticed that he got wrong rewards, he rushed to open the T5cc crystal, because he knew it was a bug and that he will get to keep it, eventually Every1 got to keep it.. But should he be banned also because he decided to exploit a bug? The outcome wouldn't matter isn't it?.. I mean he deliberately tried to exploit a bug... And to answer my own question, no he shouldn't be banned for something like that

Trying to have a friendly discussion to understand the though process of all that, have a nice day
    The community is not really split in half. Those that got banned are mad, those that are not are generally pointing out your messed up. Other bugs do not generally cause this type of imbalance in the game. Don’t make the mistake in comparing apples to oranges.
  • HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 170 ★★

ToS
    They act without PROVING everyone exploited it for gain. And, that people knew it was definitely a glitch...
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Honestly I think this goes to show how little people actually read the TOS
  • MousiasMousias Posts: 39
    zeezee57 said:

The week ban seems excessive for people who didn't egregiously exploit this, I've heard people say (not vouching for their honesty) they did the quest just twice and still got the same week ban. I completely agree the ill gotten gains should have been removed but I also believe the bans should have been reserved for those who truly deserved it, the ones who just treated it as open season. I don't think the bans should differentiate on the specific rewards though, someone who did the gold path 10 times should get the same treatment as someone who got 10 AGs. Bottom line is these people knew full well this wasn't the intent of the quest but spammed it anyway.

I obviously have no say in any of this but hopefully they'll reconsider the bans on the people who did the path 3 times or less since more than likely they had every opportunity to keep going but chose not to. Whether the extra run was an honest misunderstanding of the quest itself or not the fact is they chose (presumably) not to egregiously exploit it and for that they shouldn't be hit with the same ban as those who did. Maybe a 24 ban as a firm warning and leave it at that. Regardless what else happens I'm glad they didn’t let these exploited rewards stand which would've been the easiest thing for them to do while at the same time i can sympathize with those hit with a ban not quite in line with their participation in the exploit.

I did two runs and I'm not banned yet. Not sure if the ban wave has ended or anything, but those who said they did it twice might not be that honest.

ToS
    They act without PROVING everyone exploited it for gain. And, that people knew it was definitely a glitch...
    If you did it repeatedly against all logic then that is enough. You cannot prove that someone did it for gain or knew it was a glitch, you can just prove they SHOULD have known
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Mousias said:

zeezee57 said:

The week ban seems excessive for people who didn't egregiously exploit this, I've heard people say (not vouching for their honesty) they did the quest just twice and still got the same week ban. I completely agree the ill gotten gains should have been removed but I also believe the bans should have been reserved for those who truly deserved it, the ones who just treated it as open season. I don't think the bans should differentiate on the specific rewards though, someone who did the gold path 10 times should get the same treatment as someone who got 10 AGs. Bottom line is these people knew full well this wasn't the intent of the quest but spammed it anyway.

I obviously have no say in any of this but hopefully they'll reconsider the bans on the people who did the path 3 times or less since more than likely they had every opportunity to keep going but chose not to. Whether the extra run was an honest misunderstanding of the quest itself or not the fact is they chose (presumably) not to egregiously exploit it and for that they shouldn't be hit with the same ban as those who did. Maybe a 24 ban as a firm warning and leave it at that. Regardless what else happens I'm glad they didn’t let these exploited rewards stand which would've been the easiest thing for them to do while at the same time i can sympathize with those hit with a ban not quite in line with their participation in the exploit.

I did two runs and I'm not banned yet. Not sure if the ban wave has ended or anything,
    @Mousias people who did 2 runs are safe and won’t get banned most likely you probably be fine
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29

So many ignorant commenters one here, bunch of sheep. “you break terms of service” blah blah.... show me where it says not to run a quest more than once.ill wait

It says abusing an exploit (Which getting the same reward more than once is) will result in a 1 week ban
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike I completely understand removing the rewards from all the accounts who exploited the bug. But what’s banning them gonna do?? It was your goddamn bug. Take responsibility for it at least, apologize, and fix it. And remove all the excess rewards. Banning people does WAY more harm than good for an issue that you guys caused because of a problem in YOUR servers. This affects entire alliances. Let that sink in.

Keep going. Haven't tried enough yet. You'll get there.
    Obsessed
    Shhhh not at me. At Miike. Keep asking like last time. I'm sure it'll work again.
This discussion has been closed.