**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• DarkCarllDarkCarll Posts: 8
    Some people got banned for taking advantage for the bug... I did the omega smackdown with wrong rewards, so Kabam toke advantage for a bug. Will you get banned too??? I dont want to ban you, I just accept my rewards correction with a conpensation instead... More than 24h and not even an anouncement about this situation.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I’m glad all y’all got banned.

What I’m not happy about is how the actions of some are going to affect the rest of alliances.

Tomorrow is season reward cut offs so we can’t even replace anyone one. So we are going to fight the remaining wars down people.

I’d understand if they cheated in war why the whole alliance would be punished.

I wonder how many in top alliances got banned for this. I’m willing to bet the top of war might see a shake up.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

doing the right thing is so lost in today's world.

Because it's not required. People aren't going to do things unless they're required to do it or if the benefits of doing said "thing" outweigh the costs.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

bdawg923 said:

Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

You sir are something else. 👍

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

False equivalency. This isn’t stealing, the is the equivalent of putting in your advertisement buy one get one free but when the shopper shows up the sign says buy one get all free. Is the burden on the person who made the sign or those who read it?

I get that people abused this to be clear. I take major offense to the entity that actually made the mistake taking zero responsibility and harshly punishing those who realized there was a mistake. There has been no consistency in how they handle these matters. Sometimes they say, this was not intended but keep your revives, other times they say this is a violation of tos. The entity at fault here is the producer of the content not the player. Take the items back, I am fine with that, ban accounts involved in war season, some that may have spent small fortunes on this game, yeah that’s bs. Own your mistake, apologize for not testing your own product, come up with a resolution that shows you understand you screwed up and want to move forward
    Wow what a convincing argument. You did it. Kabam, please unban this guy. This was masterful.

NOT
    Look me up in game. Not banned, not in an alliance, never ran the side event. This stuff pisses me off because the party at fault escapes without recourse
    No, I am pretty sure the party at fault got banned. Just because someone makes a mistake does not mean it is ok to exploit that mistake.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

bdawg923 said:

Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

False equivalency. This isn’t stealing, the is the equivalent of putting in your advertisement buy one get one free but when the shopper shows up the sign says buy one get all free. Is the burden on the person who made the sign or those who read it?

I get that people abused this to be clear. I take major offense to the entity that actually made the mistake taking zero responsibility and harshly punishing those who realized there was a mistake. There has been no consistency in how they handle these matters. Sometimes they say, this was not intended but keep your revives, other times they say this is a violation of tos. The entity at fault here is the producer of the content not the player. Take the items back, I am fine with that, ban accounts involved in war season, some that may have spent small fortunes on this game, yeah that’s bs. Own your mistake, apologize for not testing your own product, come up with a resolution that shows you understand you screwed up and want to move forward
    Wow what a convincing argument. You did it. Kabam, please unban this guy. This was masterful.

NOT
    Look me up in game. Not banned, not in an alliance, never ran the side event. This stuff pisses me off because the party at fault escapes without recourse
    they got banned wdym
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    People getting banned for repeating a path.
    I did not even get to do one.
    Open the island kabam.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Nakuul said:

My only regret is I'll have to sleep soon and I'll miss all the glorious attempts to excuse their behavior.

Oh god! I can just imagine how many pages it will be when I wake up. I like reading them as they come. But I might have to skip to the end of 26 new pages when I wake up.

If anyone sees AMAZING reasons given by those people banned to justify their behavior quite it and tag me. I want some good reading material.
  • Mikusik1 said:

Hey Kabam :)
    This ja actually A little bit unfair to ban account because You made a mistake ... this is super crazy to punish players for Yours poor work .
    Here is the screenshot :)
    Please note : this is not a claim against ban , only notification how You behave .

This a question of ethics. You are here claiming that Kabam is wrong even though you exploited it. If you knew you could do one path why the F did you go again to get benefits of a BUG!?

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I’m glad all y’all got banned.

What I’m not happy about is how the actions of some are going to affect the rest of alliances.

Tomorrow is season reward cut offs so we can’t even replace anyone one. So we are going to fight the remaining wars down people.

I’d understand if they cheated in war why the whole alliance would be punished.

I wonder how many in top alliances got banned for this. I’m willing to bet the top of war might see a shake up.

No one in our alliance was that stupid thankfully

I get the terms of service thing but I hate the way Kabam handles this. Sometimes its a ban. Sometimes you get to use your 2015 rank up gem on any champ in the game and its all good. Never been a fan of capricious punishment. Also don't think it makes sense for Kabam to expect players to not run content. Not banned btw and didn't even know about the exploit until after the fact.

Exactly. I agree that the exploiters had it coming from the moment they pressed "replay", but the thing that bothers me is why Kabam doesn't punish minor exploits as well. If you really want the community to not exploit any bugs, then punish all exploits, not just *some*.

I get the terms of service thing but I hate the way Kabam handles this. Sometimes its a ban. Sometimes you get to use your 2015 rank up gem on any champ in the game and its all good. Never been a fan of capricious punishment. Also don't think it makes sense for Kabam to expect players to not run content. Not banned btw and didn't even know about the exploit until after the fact.

Are you really incapable of seeing the differcnce? 1 can be an honest mistake, one is quite obvious exploitation. If you got a gem and it works then you use it, ops, That is akin to getting the rewards for this event 2 times. they only ban you if it is quite obvious that what you are doing is an exploit AND it causes an imbalance in the game.

Exactly. I agree that the exploiters had it coming from the moment they pressed "replay", but the thing that bothers me is why Kabam doesn't punish minor exploits as well. If you really want the community to not exploit any bugs, then punish all exploits, not just *some*.
    Because it has to be obviously an exploit. Not all exploits are as obvious as this.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Let the cheaters in the game. Kabam evil, cheaters good.
    Stop comparing crimes to abusing a bug they are not similar at all
    They break rules. They are the same..
    Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    Doesn't matter. You'll get punished in both cases.
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    They are exactly the same., They are violations of the law. In this case the law is the TOS. You broke the TOS, you broke the law. One just happens in the “real world” and one in the “virtual world”
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    😂 I find it funny that people are getting banned for rewards that aren't even that great or easy to come by like sig stones...a shame they going to miss out on so much more
  • DarkCarllDarkCarll Posts: 8
    People are being banned for taking advantage for the bug. I did the omega smackdown with the wrong rewards, so Kabam took advantage for a bug. Will Kabam get banned too???? I dont want to ban you, just accept my rewards correction with a conpensation instead... More than 24h and not even an anouncement about this situation.
    Lormif said:

Because it has to be obviously an exploit. Not all exploits are as obvious as this.
    It's a bug. Taking advantage of a bug is an exploit. Seems pretty clear-cut to me.
    B00tblack said:

Lormif said:

B00tblack said:

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.
    Valid point.
    And no one NEEDS to play this game with endless bugs every month.

Lots of other games out there!
    And they all have endless bugs too.
    That scold their player base and paying customers?! lol

Or just fix their bugs!
    Go there and start exploiting their bugs, I guarantee you will be banned once you hit one bad enough....
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Where did i say "killing people"
This discussion has been closed.