**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Disabling opponents sp3 from arena

There's no way we can win in arena if opponents act like they are on all or nothing node. This has happened to most people that champs like hulk, hulkbuster, thor, storm just hit their sp3 and we lose our streak. Also there's no way we can use potions in arena like quest and aq and aw although most opponents in aq also just use sp3. I know you have to earn money so selling potions are necessary but not for arena. So it my humble request to mods to disable opponents sp3 in arena

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    How about a no
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    YEAH I have noticed that Hulk really likes to go on sp3

But I’m against that idea
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Only happens frequently around the gauntlet streaks (7-14) but yea, it's pretty annoying. I once wasted about 2 minutes to bait an enemy's special, only for me to be forced to push him into L3, and then "Ohhhh now I am no longer reluctant to use my special, in fact, now I feel like popping it on you now!"

After the introduction of SE spidey, I am aware that special attacks sort of follow an x% chance to trigger when an opportunity rises. So for instance, all-or-nothing nodes have special attack chances coded to follow 0% for L1 and L2, but a high chance for L3 (maybe about 85% chance, since sometimes, you could still get 1 or 2 combos in before they pop it).

But the gauntlet streaks? They feel like L1: 5%, L2: 5% and L3: 90%. It's the reason why I only bring maxed 4* or 5* R4 into the gauntlet streaks, because they will be able to sustain 1 L3 to the face. As much as they are annoying, they can be countered using strong champions or just being lucky. I would be against the disabling of L3s in arena for the opponents despite the challenges though, because arena is meant to simulate a sort of PvP style, and it is pretty unfair if the opponent can't use their L3 but you can use your L3.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Where would the challenge be then when you're trying to build the streak, so no from me as well. Use power control champs like Hawkeye, Magik or Vision for the harder fights.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Pray you don't come against Thor. His sp3 wrecks and he stuns you for about 2sec. Still just try baiting or take the punch straight to the face. I remember taking 2 l3 from rank4 5star voodoo in t4basic at streak 13. I got lucky since my rank 3 5star hulk was opposing him. It should remain or cutoff go higher. I have friends who just quit arena if they lose their streak in the first 15. Lower cutoffs for those who scale thru.
  • bluezerobluezero Posts: 28
    Never happens to me, leave yourself open for the attack and evade then block, learn to bait them. It's not hard
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    It does seem like they are half All or Nothing indeed but that idea is pretty silly honestly.
    What I do normally is from streak 1-10 I use 3* champs who are all rank 1/10. Then at 11-13 I use the sandbag strat with two max level 3*s and one weak one (but to be safe I also use power control champs). from 11-13 I carry mostly champs like Magik, Vision, Hawkeye, Dorm, Punisher 2099 (he can stop a SP3), etc etc to make sure I don't fall victim to that All or Nothing effect.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    I was suggesting the idea bcoz if i correctly remember kabam doesn't want us to use certain champs that's why they nerfed strange, thor and bw now they want us to focus on power control champs because that's the only way of keeping opponents l3 down
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    And baiting is not a game mechanic so its pretty random but most of the time opponents are using l3
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Seriously, OP?

Learn how to bait specials. It is part of the game, and just because you haven't actually figured out how to actually do it is no reason to cry to Kabam to remove L3 from opponents in arenas. That is ludicrous.

Short answer: LEARN TO PLAY.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Baiting Specials isn't actually part of the game though. It's not a game mechanic, there really isn't a way to learn to do something random. Each champ has a chance to activate their specials, probably on a timer, it's so low on the first 2 it just seems that they hold on till they get 3 bars.
  • KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    There's no way we can win in arena if opponents act like they are on all or nothing node

I'm guessing you do not know what infinite streak yet. Look it up on YouTube for tutorial. On streak that they refuse to use special, try bait the SP1, usually much easier compare SP2
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    You just go through it. I don't use these stupid "infinite streak guides".