**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Power Technician Node Not Working

I’ve tried to block attacks as Howard the Duck, Civil Warrior, and Ultron, all under Armor Ups, and the node does not power drain nor give me the Fury like it said it should. This is on Quest 1 of Chapter 2 of Cavalier difficulty of the Event Quest.

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I have had the same issue.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 227 ★★
    Same thing with hulkbuster, tried to use him against that havok and zero power drains from hitting blocks.
  • j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27
    edited September 2020
    I believe it's because kinetic transference is giving the ai minimum 5% power gain per block/parry. Whereas with 1 armor you are only getting -2% power drain.

Also don't think it's a flat 10% power drain per additional armor but rather 10% of 2% = 0.2% per additional buff.

HTD at 8 armor buffs would only be doing 3.4% power drain per block/parry.
    I could be wrong though on how the 10% calculates though. But I doubt it. Draining 72% of max power on every block would be mental
  • Bumsy_BumBumsy_Bum Posts: 17
    edited September 2020
    j_money1 said:

I believe it's because kinetic transference is giving the ai minimum 5% power gain per block/parry. Whereas with 1 armor you are only getting -2% power drain.

Also don't think it's a flat 10% power drain per additional armor but rather 10% of 2% = 0.2% per additional buff.

HTD at 8 armor buffs would only be doing 3.4% power drain per block/parry.
    I could be wrong though on how the 10% calculates though. But I doubt it. Draining 72% of max power on every block would be mental

Well even in that case the text saying power drain would still pop up, and when I power drain with Vision or another power drain Tech champ I should be gaining a passive Fury, so I think it’s a bug with the node.
  • j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27
    edited September 2020
    Bumsy_Bum said:

Well even in that case the text saying power drain would still pop up, and when I power drain with Vision or another power drain Tech champ I should be gaining a passive Fury, so I think it’s a bug with the node.

Vision power burns. You have to use power drain champs. If you properly power drain below a bar of power, it does actually give passive fury. Try out HTD L2, starky heavy for example
  • PushPush Posts: 45
    I had hoped to use this feature to sneak a four star run leaning on champs that meant this requirement. Unlike previous three chapters, this node has been a real let down. Watch the inconsistency?! Back to back hits will lower power and increase. What’s going on?!

https://youtu.be/XMFZAiBhpV0
  • PushPush Posts: 45
    Zero dmg block for 10% gain part of it too?
  • j_money1 said:

Bumsy_Bum said:

Vision power burns. You have to use power drain champs. If you properly power drain below a bar of power, it does actually give passive fury. Try out HTD L2, starky heavy for example
    I tried with Stark Spidey the power drain gives a passive fury but Vision AOU does not get a passive fury. I think its a bug.