**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

STUCK ON SPECIAL CHAOS INVERTION NODE

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
As the title says, I am in UC EQ chap 3 with Magik as boss. I amnot able to deal with this node. Can somebody help here how to counter it ? I am using Doom, Sym. Supreme, Venom, GP and Storm X.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• RoKoPlayzzzRoKoPlayzzz Posts: 242
    Do you have blade or domino? Those are the best counters for magik.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Do you have blade or domino? Those are the best counters for magik.

Don't have either.
  • RoKoPlayzzzRoKoPlayzzz Posts: 242
    That's unlucky.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    That 10% health buffet is not helping matters either haha
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    Gulk
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    You guys don't understand. It's not just a counter for Magik... it's the node where you controls get inverted right as she fires a SP. I spent 4 solo revives on her alone..... brutal. Finally, I got the timing right. You just have to be ready for it.... I hope we never see this node again.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    edited September 2020

You guys don't understand. It's not just a counter for Magik... it's the node where you controls get inverted right as she fires a SP. I spent 4 solo revives on her alone..... brutal. Finally, I got the timing right. You just have to be ready for it.... I hope we never see this node again.

I yeah same I still haven’t done UC cuz of if
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ever fought Emma?
    Ha, this doesn't compare.... inverted controls happen right as she launches a SP, plus they are all unblockable.... Try it and then tell me it's like Emma.... not even close
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    you are right. i hate the combination of reverse controls with Magik as final boss. she won't fire her specials from afar, you have to be close to her and that leaves room for more errors. Emma Frost special with reverse controls are alot easier to evade for me.
  • MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102
    Dash in with the right timing,after 2-3 energy refills ,I got the fight down,arguably quaking is better but I wanted to learn to fight this node,only problem was limbo for me ,I used 3 champs to fight her and they all died only to limbo.
  • Thomas_3TThomas_3T Posts: 47
    edited September 2020
    What I am about to say is shtewpid

Quake.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Try the nick fury/quake synergy. That litterally saved my behind on all my runs
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    yeah that node made your brain and finger coordination very hard lol. but I have practiced in act 6.3.6. keep practice your finger coordination and reflex to bypass this node. there is no cut unless u use Prof X, he can bypass all the inversion control. or just Quake lol.

I use HT, parry 10 times for 10 smoulders, then start MLM. she melts quickly. Good luck...
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Yeah, that node in combination with high power Magik is pretty annoying, but no problem for maxed 5* (Nova) Torch ... he kinda destroys her before she can even fill 2 bars of power. Plus he can take a hit.

If you don’t own the perfect counters, you might need multiple Champs or more skill to avoid getting hit. There are a few Champs which are immune to inversed controls such as Professor X, Mysterio with Emma synergy, ...

Good luck!
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Juggernaut- My time has come 🤣🤣🤣
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    The way I did it on my small account, I just parried her with blade and never saw a special or limbo. Didn’t even take too long but do have 4 in DW.

You can get her to throw it from a distance, not sure I could explain it but on my main I’m using omega so have to bait a few specials to get her down. For me, from up close, Emma is easier to evade she telegraphs the special about a second before you have to actually swipe. Magik is much less obvious, I’m actually looking for the unblockable text.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    are you guys talking about that Magik boss in cav difficulty? that magik was brutal LOL. inverted controls for magik is insane, cause you have to stand close by for her to throw her specials and many times i got caught. maybe i was playing her wrong with blade who knows. i will bring blade and AA my next round and see how i do.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

The way I did it on my small account, I just parried her with blade and never saw a special or limbo. Didn’t even take too long but do have 4 in DW.

You can get her to throw it from a distance, not sure I could explain it but on my main I’m using omega so have to bait a few specials to get her down. For me, from up close, Emma is easier to evade she telegraphs the special about a second before you have to actually swipe. Magik is much less obvious, I’m actually looking for the unblockable text.

hm that's a good idea with the unblockable text. the main problem for me has been that I can't dash back(or forward?) fast enough when she launches it, and I can't get her to launch her special when I'm far away. I find Emma easier because there's more time and I think it's a bit more obvious
  • HyogasaintHyogasaint Posts: 25
    edited September 2020
    I thought last months EQ UC nodes were BS...then Kabam does this. If next month this continue I´ll not 100% UC anymore. Waste of time, waste of resources, pety rewards, lots of stress...from a game, wich should entertain and serve as a distraction from the daily irl stress...This game has become such a let down...at least for me. I have trouble with her myself, had to use several revives and potions and I only did 2 runs of that chapter. It is so funny that Professor X and Apocalypse are so much easier than her...total nonsense.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ever fought Emma?
    This is not even close. The unblockable is the issue. We are programmed to dex specials or bait them by running up without using block and immediately dexing after, since its reverse, it catches people. That's the only issue.
    Yes since she throws specials only when close to her it's quite hard to change dex and dash as more chances of making mistakes.