**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nostalgia: What do you remember about MCOC?

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I remember everything and more. Let me tell you what else I remember....
    I remember how crazy Dr.Strange and OG Thor were pre-V.12.0.
    I remember how angry the players were when they pulled colossus and hulkbuster before.
    I remember the good old days when 4* is the highest tier and most fights are skill based.
    I remember the good old days when the game arrangement was not that complicated and reading in-game message is good enough.
    I remember majority alliance members were using 4* to clear Map 5 with a lot of joys.
    and I remember Act 1.1.5 ......... where revive is definitely available, and then some players promoted it in forum/youtube.....as Amuro says in Gundam: 人は同じ過ちを繰り返す... (People repeat the same mistakes...)
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    I remember when bases were "coming soon"
    I remember being so hyped for bases. The good ol' days.....
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    I remember when Doc Oct was hyper-OP. All opponents will just slide across the map and end up KO. ;)
  • DragoniteDragonite Posts: 5
    What are you talking about? I don't remember any of this
    I'm new....just started playing few months ago
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I remember when Doc Oct was hyper-OP. All opponents will just slide across the map and end up KO. ;)

Now Doc Oct is still a pretty good power control champ against Apocolypse.
  • CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    I remember when a1 and t4b arena entrance cost was 100 units 😂
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    12.0. I remember if i bought a pack of 10 premium crystals id get the featured champ. 4* agent venom was the first time i spent real money on a video game.
    I remember pulling spiderman (classic) as a 2 star and my 1* hulk and using them in chp 1. Cause thats all you could get. I remember the commercial on the tv all the time.
    Man what a long waste of thousands of dollars. Lmao.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Pym canisters...lots of Pym canisters.

And a super old week-long arena that I can barely recall...was it Hawkeye?

Dr. Zola
  • OoooofOoooof Posts: 3
    I remember when aw wasn’t out yet.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★

Anyone remember the Immortal Iron Fist arena?

It was the Elite Arena (Aug 2015?).
  • AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    I remember when they introduced sig abilities back in late spring 2015... fun times.
    I also remember when getting 3-stars brought me so much joy (still kinda does, at least from prems, but definitely WAY less than back then lol). Black Bolt was my first maxed out 3-star, I was over the moon. Shortly after the introduction of sig abilities, I wanted to dupe him so bad. Then the 400 unit 3-star crystal popped up, I bought it in hopes of getting him duped even though I knew the chances were slim (laughing at this now when I compare how many champs are available in the game today compared to mid 2015) - and boom, it was a dupe! Best day of my life, I felt so poweful :smiley:... shortly after that (late summer 2015?) I got my first 4-star and it was Juggs... depressing times then, still depressing when I pull him today.
  • Mcoc_alMcoc_al Posts: 46
    I remember when you didn't try to change your teams because just dragging champs to the boxes was hard enough
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★

shameless plug incoming:

have you all seen my every event quest ever thread? Sure to bring back the nostalgia!

hopefully I’ll get mod recognition one day

You'd do better if you put here link for that post.

P.S. I read the post when it first came out, it was a nice throwback while
  • De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★
    I remember when perfect block proficiency teams ruled the game
    I remember when there were no comas 🥺
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

shameless plug incoming:

have you all seen my every event quest ever thread? Sure to bring back the nostalgia!

hopefully I’ll get mod recognition one day

You'd do better if you put here link for that post.

P.S. I read the post when it first came out, it was a nice throwback while
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/215359/every-single-event-quest-ever/p1

Here’s the link
  • I remember everything and more. Let me tell you what else I remember....
    I remember when your items had no limit caps. You could save up as many health and revives as you wanted and they would never expire. Also, before signature abilities, when you would get a duplicate champion, you would get nothing for it. I would spend so much time grinding areas to get unit to buy the premium crystal. Then pull a 2* hawkeye and waste my 100 units.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    I remember when 5*s were released and pulling my first..........Rhino who was the unquestioned bottom of the trash heap at the time. The actually buffed him eventually but he still sucks