**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse is a dud

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

You know what's funny people said that about Dr Doom too. Let's wait till he actually enters the game to cast judgement.

but his damage is trash and he doesn't seem to have anything extraordinary... prof x looks so much better
    Did you actually watch the whole video? He has tons of really cool mechanics.
    Yes, I did watch the whole video. He has some cool mechanics (stun into block, immunities, stun immune while striking, prowess, -100% purify ability accuracy, decent DOT, concussion, good synergies), but his damage is really lackluster. They showcased him as a 6 star rank 3 with suicides on and his damage was still very meh. Also, his anti-evade mechanic is REALLY risky because the opponent can still evade you until 10 evades and they could retaliate and combo you into oblivion.
    So the only time a champion won't be a dud is if their damage is insane? Gotcha. We apparently saw two different videos. I think he's going to be great. Good on offense and better on defense. Not every champ that comes out has to have some super insane attack damage to be good.
    Guess we'll wait and see
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

You know what's funny people said that about Dr Doom too. Let's wait till he actually enters the game to cast judgement.

but his damage is trash and he doesn't seem to have anything extraordinary... prof x looks so much better
    Did you actually watch the whole video? He has tons of really cool mechanics.
    Yes, I did watch the whole video. He has some cool mechanics (stun into block, immunities, stun immune while striking, prowess, -100% purify ability accuracy, decent DOT, concussion, good synergies), but his damage is really lackluster. They showcased him as a 6 star rank 3 with suicides on and his damage was still very meh. Also, his anti-evade mechanic is REALLY risky because the opponent can still evade you until 10 evades and they could retaliate and combo you into oblivion.
    You’d have to get very unlucky. My quake evaded four times before her evade failed against Apocalypse
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★

Arsoz said:

Watch him still be a dud

That's what people said about Tigra, but she still gets kills for me in War.
    on what node you placing her, btw?
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Don’t know what team Dave was using in his vid, but hopefully his damage isn’t looking good because he wasn’t using a full mutant team.

With a full mutant team Apocalypse receives +60% attack rating so there might still be hope for him yet, unfortunately he would always need a mutant team and would only receive +30% in aq/aw so eh?
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

Remember when everybody thought Corvus Glaive was going to be useless? Or when everybody hated Ghost? Did you know that Dr Voodoo was one of the worst received Champions ever? Doctor Octopus didn't get his time in the sun until much later than his release.

Give it time, and remember that there's a lot more to Champions than just their big yellow numbers.

Remember when quake was a bad champion? Or everyone thought doom was gonna be trash? Lol sometimes champs surprise you
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I think he’s an well balanced champ I don’t see him being used in abyss or even LOL seem like a very good to great questing champ and AW defense which is cool everyone can’t be Ghost or domino, I would like to see someone do a legends run with him since he’s so great , as I said I don’t think he’s bad but let’s not kid ourselves ccp can be misleading just go to YouTube and type proxima or moleman he was called the skill corvus 😂😂. I’ve yet to see anyone with moleman in AW on their attack team