**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A Summoner's Life For Me!

Comments

• AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    How many keys are necessary for that platinumpool piece?
  • AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    This is probably the best side quest ever in terms of effort, difficulty and rewards.
  • elwe1990elwe1990 Posts: 9

Kabam Boo said:

Dearest Summoners,

It has been a straining two days for us all. Firstly, please allow us to express that we are fully aware of the undue stress and toll this bug has taken on the community, and also to express our most sincerest apologies to you all. Like you, we were very excited about this event as it would have been the first time we are trying out some new mechanics, carefully crafted through feedback from all of you (no energy, open paths, etc). Again, we’re disappointed that it didn’t quite work out the way we’d hoped. But we promise we had only good intentions and hoped to deliver on some of the feedback you’ve given us.

We acknowledge that we have let this unfortunate bug slip through the cracks, and we’re very sorry about it. Our team is deeply disappointed about this unforeseen circumstance and regret the necessary course of actions. However, as we hope you’ll come to understand, the show must go on, and so we must maintain the economy and stability of the game, which led us to enforce this temporary ban on players who have either knowingly or unknowingly participated in the bug exploit.

To those of you facing this consequence: we still appreciate you deeply as a player and have chosen to take some time to balance your accounts so that you may continue to enjoy the game again. This is a complicated situation and so in order for us to adjust your account properly and without jeopardizing its health otherwise, we will need that length of extra time. We hope you will all come to understand this very difficult decision we have had to make, and know that we did this with all your and your fellow Summoners' best interests at heart and in mind.

Finally, another word of apology to all of you for the grief. Please do not fight among yourselves. Summoners must stick together and we, at Kabam, stand by all of you as well.

With a heavy heart but filled with love,

The Kabam team

I like this one.
    Thanks Boo.
    The map is revealed. We see all the rewards trough the map. I didn't move just in case is a bug and you think I'm cheating :D
  • MacvillMacvill Posts: 9
    how many keys we can get in total ? all the 28? cause im gonna skip the gold rewards and the sig stones in legendary to get another awekening gem in epic mode, need just 7 epic keys to get the 5* gem
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Dearest Summoners,

It has been a straining two days for us all. Firstly, please allow us to express that we are fully aware of the undue stress and toll this bug has taken on the community, and also to express our most sincerest apologies to you all. Like you, we were very excited about this event as it would have been the first time we are trying out some new mechanics, carefully crafted through feedback from all of you (no energy, open paths, etc). Again, we’re disappointed that it didn’t quite work out the way we’d hoped. But we promise we had only good intentions and hoped to deliver on some of the feedback you’ve given us.

We acknowledge that we have let this unfortunate bug slip through the cracks, and we’re very sorry about it. Our team is deeply disappointed about this unforeseen circumstance and regret the necessary course of actions. However, as we hope you’ll come to understand, the show must go on, and so we must maintain the economy and stability of the game, which led us to enforce this temporary ban on players who have either knowingly or unknowingly participated in the bug exploit.

To those of you facing this consequence: we still appreciate you deeply as a player and have chosen to take some time to balance your accounts so that you may continue to enjoy the game again. This is a complicated situation and so in order for us to adjust your account properly and without jeopardizing its health otherwise, we will need that length of extra time. We hope you will all come to understand this very difficult decision we have had to make, and know that we did this with all your and your fellow Summoners' best interests at heart and in mind.

Finally, another word of apology to all of you for the grief. Please do not fight among yourselves. Summoners must stick together and we, at Kabam, stand by all of you as well.

The Kabam team

Thanks for the update Kabam Boo.
    I'm pretty sure its been a stressful couple of days for the dev team as well. Hopefully this gets sorted as soon as possible.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    This event was well worth the wait. Kalam fixed their mistake as fast as they could, that's all we can ask for.
  • HyogasaintHyogasaint Posts: 25
    Kabam Boo said:

Dearest Summoners,

The Kabam team

Thanks for the update. We appreciate the effort. Keep it up with the good work!
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    @kabam boo your a life saver! Thank you!!!
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

This has been a journey for us all. We're happy to confirm that the event is back up and running as intended. Most of the event functionality is going to be the same, so please review the main post for a refresher, if you need it! However, we appreciate that you may have some questions in light of the recent interruptions, so please also read this quick Q&A. We hope this answers your pressing questions about the event!

Q: Can I run the first path (before the event was paused) and claim the rewards there again?
    A: Yes, you may. But all paths going forward will only allow you to claim the rewards once.

Q: Are all the rewards shown on the path now instead of hiding in treasure chests?
    A: Yes! They will be laid out on the path now instead of being hidden in treasure chests.

Q: Have any of the rewards moved since the original map (before the pause)?
    A: Yes, unfortunately, they've gone on a bit of a shuffle. But they are also laid out on the map now so you will be able to see where the rewards you want are located!

Q: Will the Keys still disappear after they use it to unlock a path? Will the path remain open (with no more rewards) once it's unlocked?
    A: Yes, the Key will still disappear once you've unlocked the path. If you do not complete the path and quit, the Key will be returned to you and the path will be locked again. If you complete the path, then the Key will disappear and the path will remain unlocked. Remember! You MUST COMPLETE the path in order to claim all the rewards you've earned along the path; if you DO NOT COMPLETE the path, then the path will be locked and reset (rewards are placed back along the path), and you get your Key back.

Q: Will the Champions along the path and Bosses stay the same?
    A: Yes! Any mysterious Champions along the path marked with a "?" will be a random (from a limited pool) Mutant, and the Bosses are still random (from a limited pool of Mutants) for everybody!

Q: Can you claim the rewards on the open paths more than once?
    A: Again, NO, you cannot! Besides, the rewards won't be there anymore once you complete the path and claim all the rewards along the path!

Boo gets all the helpful jobs! Haha
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    So some folks get extra rewards being able to run the same path again?
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    Q: Can I run the first path (before the event was paused) and claim the rewards there again?
    A: Yes, you may. But all paths going forward will only allow you to claim the rewards once.

Um wasn't this the reason people were banned? Better clarify that kabam
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    If you are damn free/patient, you can keep rewalking the central path to mine a small amount of gold. Since there is no energy requirement. Is this considered an exploit?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

So some folks get extra rewards being able to run the same path again?

Cyporg said:

Um wasn't this the reason people were banned? Better clarify that kabam

ezgoing said:

If you are damn free/patient, you can keep rewalking the central path to mine a small amount of gold. Since there is no energy requirement. Is this considered an exploit?

He means that if you run a path once, you'll claim the rewards on it, and that path will be open for you to re-run it as many times as you like. But the rewards that you claimed on your first time running through that path are ONE-TIME, and cannot be claimed or even appear on that particular path again.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    It's been a weird couple of days for summoners and Kabam alike, but here's one thing i know is true: Kabam Boo is a class act.
  • imShakibimShakib Posts: 35
    edited September 2020
    This is by far one of the best designed quests in recent times and unlike all the insane difficult quests like Herald difficulty of last month or Epic difficulty of summer showdown. Thanks Kabam. Please keep something similar like this quest's Legendary difficulty and Epic difficulty every month for us who are still in the middle and still growing.
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    These rewards are so good compared to the difficulty I feel like I’m exploiting a bug...
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

This has been a journey for us all. We're happy to confirm that the event is back up and running as intended. Most of the event functionality is going to be the same, so please review the main post for a refresher, if you need it! However, we appreciate that you may have some questions in light of the recent interruptions, so please also read this quick Q&A. We hope this answers your pressing questions about the event!

Q: Are all the rewards shown on the path now instead of hiding in treasure chests?
    A: Yes! They will be laid out on the path now instead of being hidden in treasure chests.

Q: Have any of the rewards moved since the original map (before the pause)?
    A: Yes, unfortunately, they've gone on a bit of a shuffle. But they are also laid out on the map now so you will be able to see where the rewards you want are located!

Q: Will the Keys still disappear after they use it to unlock a path? Will the path remain open (with no more rewards) once it's unlocked?
    A: Yes, the Key will still disappear once you've unlocked the path. If you do not complete the path and quit, the Key will be returned to you and the path will be locked again. If you complete the path, then the Key will disappear and the path will remain unlocked. Remember! You MUST COMPLETE the path in order to claim all the rewards you've earned along the path; if you DO NOT COMPLETE the path, then the path will be locked and reset (rewards are placed back along the path), and you get your Key back.

Q: Will the Champions along the path and Bosses stay the same?
    A: Yes! Any mysterious Champions along the path marked with a "?" will be a random (from a limited pool) Mutant, and the Bosses are still random (from a limited pool of Mutants) for everybody!

Q: Can you claim the rewards on the open paths more than once?
    A: Again, NO, you cannot! Besides, the rewards won't be there anymore once you complete the path and claim all the rewards along the path!

So some people will get a bonus 2% t5cc, bonus AG, extra 1000 6* shards/7.5k 5* shards over othet people?

Seems a bit unfair for those of us who weren't able to play before you guys took it down.
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    Nocko said:

Possibly dumb question that’s been answered 1000 times and I’ve missed it
    How many keys will we get?

Up to 35
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I have done 3 runs. This is the best side event I have play. You gave us control on what to get, it's super well designed, as the key system is pretty much simple and easy to use. Kudos to the designing team
  • Wolf9300Wolf9300 Posts: 20
    The quest still looks bugged on the platinumpool path it's showing the rewards and it's not making me use a key it looks like. This is after the event came back. This is the path I went down before the event was taken down so not sure if that has something to do with it.
    Note this is after it was supposed to be fixed
    It's not showing that the path is locked or that I need a key
  • imShakibimShakib Posts: 35
    Honesty Kabam, this is one of the very best if not the best side quest I have seen in my more than 2 years play of this game. Only quest coming to my mind upto its level was probably "Gwenpool goes to Movies" but this quest is even better designed. The rewards are very good and super inspiring to be glued to this game. The difficulty designed for the quest is top class and outstanding compared to the recent contents specially for mid tier player like us who are either just Cavalier or just Uncollected. I like the part that all rewards are open and the freedom of choice is on us. Overall this is the best designed content of the game in my opinion. If we get such quests at least every three months, people like me are gonna be forever playing this game. This kind of quest is so inspiring that we'll be glued to the game and we'll be spending our time, efforts and hard earned money for the game. Stop making contents like Herald difficulty, Cavalier difficulty or Epic boss rush quests etc. that throws us away from the game and instead make more quests like this more frequently. Thanks Kabam for this quest. You just made MCOC beautiful again for a month.
    Whoops mb I didn't see this first disregard my last posts
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Ebony_Naw said:

MaxGaming said:

this is giving me rift vibes

Rifts have randomized paths. This event sounds like you will choose which path to go down.
    They won't give a 5* featured that easily
    Except they did.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    As someone who didn't enter this quest on the first day, I'm a late comer to this party but damn, was it worth the wait ! This is probably one of, if not the best event in the last two years ! Huge thanks to Kabam for creating this quest, for those awesome rewards, and taking the right course of action after the bug was discovered.

And more importantly, Kabam Goo, you totally ROCK :)

(Also, maybe we could sticky this thread ? Lots of useful infos in here.)