**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Power Burn, Power Drain & Power Technician node : Cavalier difficulty

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
As far as I know, Power Burn and Power Drain are 2 different things.

Power Burn inflicts damage to opponent while 'burning' their power bar.

Power Drain DOES NOT inflict damage (most cases) to opponent while 'draining' their power bar.

These 2 abilities should never be interchangeable when making a champ's description.

My next point:
In that sense, Power Technician node will not grant you passive fury if your tech champ does Power Burn instead of Power Drain.

I know because Hulkbuster doesn't get any passive fury in that EQ Cavalier 2.1.

Here is Hulkbuster's SP2 description "If the opponents block broken by this attack, all Beam attacks have a 100% chance to inflict Power Burn, draining 1 Bar(s) of Power per hit and inflicting direct damage proportional to the Power drained"

What it should says, "....burning 1 Bar(s) of Power per hit and inflicting direct damage proportional to the Power Burnt"

Because of that, I beg KABAM to never make interchangeable description between Power Burn and Power Drain in the future again.

I could argue that Power Technician node should work with Hulkbuster's sp2 because of his description, but I'm too tired to fight this issue.
If I fight for it, I don't know when you guys will reply. Maybe a year later.

I'll just accept the node doesn't work well with him and move on with life

Comments

• ParkerfloydParkerfloyd Posts: 12
    Thank you for raising this issue, I’m also baffled with this quest’s combined nodes.

The 5% Kinetic transference is higher than Power drain’s 2% (and even Red Skull’s armor up will decrease for every parry).

Seems only Civil Warrior can power drain. Even CapIW + tech synergy is useless, since the power drain will only happen after Defender’s SP (effectively within 1 power bar).
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Thank you for raising this issue, I’m also baffled with this quest’s combined nodes.

The 5% Kinetic transference is higher than Power drain’s 2% (and even Red Skull’s armor up will decrease for every parry).

Seems only Civil Warrior can power drain. Even CapIW + tech synergy is useless, since the power drain will only happen after Defender’s SP (effectively within 1 power bar).

I tried with civil warrior could not get him to work, I raised it as a possible bug days ago
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    That quest is horribly designed, the nodes are a bit backwards.
    As if a 5th generation inbred redneck designed them.

I managed it sometimes with g2099 but it was very inconsistent.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I got the furies to work with hulkbuster. After he had 2 armor ups, and the defender was teetering on a bar of power, I let him hit into my block (not parry) and it gave fury. You drain based on armor ups. I've tried several champs, but this design was poor. If you tried to get to 20 furies you'd be dead from block damage