**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why does AQ have to be a job...request for 30min timers

rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
This is not a game when you do map6 it's a job. I have a job and I use money from that job to play this game.

Can someone here explain why 30 minute timers are bad for the game?

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    30 minute timers punish the player base. Miike''s words, not mine lol.

But do take heed to what was done in AW. Shorter timers, but maps became bigger. I can envision the same happening to AQ if shorter timers are introduced there.

Be careful what you wish for...
  • Limitless216Limitless216 Posts: 62
    edited September 2017
    They aren't bad so no explanation needed.

We should have them but Kabam doesn't want to give us that luxury.

#noplayday should come soon...
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    But even with bigger AW map, I can nearly get to the mini boss by bedtime if I'm not waiting for others. AQ no way.
    We have so many people on different work schedules and time zones. It takes a lot of work and planning out move and energy to make sure can complete some times.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I like that option @Balm82. 120 hours to do the maps 5 times.

Dr. Zola
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I feel 30 minute timers takes a heavy competitive edge out of it. And I'm aware my reasoning for currently liking 30 minute timers can be considered selfish to some.

There's a lot of high rated, heavy prestige alliances in the game that are unable to do map 6 because as strong as they are they can't commit to the competitive activity and time frame for it. If given 30 minute timers they could easily move into the top 300 and force others out. I feel that takes away from those heavily dedicated to it that choose to commit the time needed for it.
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    how about we quit our jobs to play mcoc with 1h timers but stop spending since we wont have money cause we dont have a job O.o
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    edited September 2017
    I'd like to see a small energy refill like in regular questing but obviously not 5 moves as that's an entire alliance refill, so maybe 1 move. It'd be cool to see both of these in the unit store for like 5 units for regular and 10 units for alliance but limited to 1 of each every 12 or 24 hours, to make it fair
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    But even with bigger AW map, I can nearly get to the mini boss by bedtime if I'm not waiting for others. AQ no way.
    We have so many people on different work schedules and time zones. It takes a lot of work and planning out move and energy to make sure can complete some times.

This! I am in California, and on weekdays there is literally no progression once I get off work when play with EST people. It's really annoying. I am always held up on them when they go to bed at 7pm my time when I get home and I have 8 hours of doing nothing before I got to bed. Then, in the morning at 4am my time (5am on weekends), everyone on east coast wakes up and starts progressing, sometimes complaining that I am not available yet to go to a node.

It's really really frustrating that I have to literally adjust my alarm for MCOC and wake up early on weekends just to make sure I can use my energy in AQ. I hate waiting, and I hate when one person from a random timezone holds stuff up.

If we were smart as a community, alliance would be based around a players skill level + their timezone. I want to find a 9.5 mill alliance, expert tier ~rank 500, with all west coast players. Guarantee AQ will go so much smoother. Would be nice to be able to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday and not have to wake up 2 hours earlier before work during weekdays.
  • Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    edited September 2017
    I don't get why we start at half energy. If we started each AQ/AW with 5/5 it would be a lot better.

I never understood this either
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Despite the fact that they give us 1/2 hour timers as a present around Christmas time, they are very harmful to the player base. Despite the fact that AQ runs better with 1/2 hour timers, it was designed for 1 hour timers and it doesn't matter if 1/2 hour timers improve that design. Also there are Many Other Reasons. The fact that 99% of the player base wants 1/2 hour timers doesn't matter in light of the Many Reasons. Just ask @CoatHang3r, he will explain.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    30 min timers reduces the challenge in the already easy aq (WHEN ITS NOT HAVING THESE STUPID AI ISSUES), 1 hour timer work fine, it's your personal problem, 30 min timers aren't great for competition, makes it too easy and raise cut offs.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    LoL and a couple of weeks ago I got slammed for not being in an alliance. You guys are just proving that there are some good and valid reasons not to be in an alliance. Not getting up at 7 on Saterday to make aw moves because 29 other guys are demanding it...is just one of those reasons...
    Why did I get flagged? Lmao, I said some facts yo. Who got offended?
  • Totally agree with the 30 minutes timer and disagree with the trolls,which ones r making the posts junk.
    Oh it was you, you clown?
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    They won't give us 30min timers because that would leave them without a bargaining chip when they mess up. We all know how difficult it is to get compensated when those servers go down.
  • KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    I will be doing less AQ next month due to shift of responsibility in my job. I can easily says that anyone working 9-5 will find it extremely hard to find time to commit seriously in AQ, or AW

Instead of shorter time, I think the game should have higher cap for energy, depending on which tier/bracket you are in. More energy for lower tier, but less reward. Maintain current energy for high tier, but great rewards (which kinda outdated relative to the current state of da game).

The working class is a market for Kabam. With less time to play, they are more likely to spend. But over burden them with this timer, they will rather play candy crush instead.
    R4GE wrote: »
    I feel 30 minute timers takes a heavy competitive edge out of it. And I'm aware my reasoning for currently liking 30 minute timers can be considered selfish to some.

There's a lot of high rated, heavy prestige alliances in the game that are unable to do map 6 because as strong as they are they can't commit to the competitive activity and time frame for it. If given 30 minute timers they could easily move into the top 300 and force others out. I feel that takes away from those heavily dedicated to it that choose to commit the time needed for it.

This was supposed to say "disliking 30 minute timers."
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    edited September 2017
    Go ahead. Ask for whatever you want. You're talking to a tree or a wall. Look at what happened to wars. We didn't ask for that but we got it. I'd be afraid to ask for anything from kabam because they'll clearly screw it up in the process. I say if it ain't broke dont fix it.
    edited September 2017
    Kappaluzzo wrote: »
    I will be doing less AQ next month due to shift of responsibility in my job. I can easily says that anyone working 9-5 will find it extremely hard to find time to commit seriously in AQ, or AW

Instead of shorter time, I think the game should have higher cap for energy, depending on which tier/bracket you are in. More energy for lower tier, but less reward. Maintain current energy for high tier, but great rewards (which kinda outdated relative to the current state of da game).

The working class is a market for Kabam. With less time to play, they are more likely to spend. But over burden them with this timer, they will rather play candy crush instead.

Valid point. But also should note that some of Kabams biggest paying customers are running map 6
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    The mods have no argument against this, they say that 30miute timers could be detrimental because players would sit on full energy too much. Well how about 30minute timers and a 10 energy limit.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    If you can't.manage map 6 don't do it..

No timers just let us clear the map in 10 minutes

Your reading comprehension is poor. I'm surprised you can clear 6 given that difficulty. Games are meant to be fun. I enjoyed 6 with a 30 minute timer. I don't with a 60 minute one.
    edited September 2017
    That's a personal problem man. Lol
    30 min timers reduces the challenge in the already easy aq (WHEN ITS NOT HAVING THESE STUPID AI ISSUES), 1 hour timer work fine, it's your personal problem, 30 min timers aren't great for competition, makes it too easy and raise cut offs.

No...its not my personal problem. My guess is your prestige is lower than mine and you're doing 6 just to keep up. I'm around 6300.
    edited September 2017
    You're at 6.3k prestige and u don't understand why poeple don't want 30 min timers? Wow lmao
    You're at 6.3k prestige and u don't understand why poeple don't want 30 min timers? Wow lmao

You can finish LOL if you want to.