**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Epic M.Island: Upcoming NEW 5* Featured Crystal Option???

KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
The Mutant Island announcement Post is "Closed" & can't find in google/forums search. Noticed Epic M.Island Quest ends 1 day after the upcoming NEW 5* Featured Crystal drops. If we grab the crystal after it switches, will we get the New Champs Pool instead of current? That'd be gr8. Plz confirm @Kabam Miike, Thanks.

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I was wondering this too. I don’t like who’s in the featured 5* pool right now so I’d rather wait
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    I've read a few times tge last several days that it will pull from the same pool you earn/purchase it during.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    No, you will not.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★

I was wondering this too. I don’t like who’s in the featured 5* pool right now so I’d rather wait

No you'll not get the new one, might as well as grab this one
  • MadooriCMadooriC Posts: 40
    No, you'll have the current pool always
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229

Agree @BlackTuran don't want/need any of those champs. Even though several are solid. @SummonerNR
    Thx for info, is that from Kabam? I couldn't find confirmation in posts/threads. @Lmao @youaintright @MadooriC
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Lmao said:

Where did you get this information from? All it says is a 5* featured crystal. Doesn't that mean whatever featured crystal is available at the time you purchase/earn the rewards? I'm not sure either way. I could see a case being made for both crystals. That's why I'm wondering the source your using to say the reward won't update when the crystal does.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    No you won't, the featured crystal is the current featured.

It's been like this for all events in the past, including rifts. You will get the current champion pool and not the new one.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    If you click on the crystal, it shows the current feature pool.

The side quests from the past that rewarded a 5* feature...I can only think of rifts atm, not sure if there are others...didn’t change when the feature timer rolled over.

Fairly certain that’ll be the case here, but hopefully a mod will clarify for you. 👍🏽
  • MadooriCMadooriC Posts: 40
    Neotwism said:

Lmao said:

Where did you get this information from? All it says is a 5* featured crystal. Doesn't that mean whatever featured crystal is available at the time you purchase/earn the rewards? I'm not sure either way. I could see a case being made for both crystals. That's why I'm wondering the source your using to say the reward won't update when the crystal does.
    Because the description of the featured crystal shows the current pool. How will that update with the store one?
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Yeah, it will be the current one as always and as it‘s description says.

But hey, the current one is the best we had for months. Bought too many of them, so I have more than 50% already dupe now.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited September 2020
    MadooriC said:

Neotwism said:

Lmao said:

Because the description of the featured crystal shows the current pool. How will that update with the store one?
    Thought maybe when the 5* Featured updates in Crystals tab, it could also update the pool before u grab the 1 on Epic path,...not after u get it. I haven't run that path yet.

Sounds like most r saying it hasn't in past content. Thanks @Uncle_Fatty_247 @WOLF_LINK @ChriissR
    Was gonna wait, hoping it would update after New Feature drops. Still better than past pools. :smiley:
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I gave in after reading the comments here, I got iceman from it
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    It’s not from any official source, but there was a similar situation when last rifts were on.

There was a 5* featured crystal as a reward on one of the paths.

When the 5* featured changed during the event, the reward did not update the new iteration.

I would assume that the same will happen here but who knows!