**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Need a replay button now since completion doesn't matter

crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
With the shift away from completion and completion rewards front loaded, can we add a replay button from the get go since there is zero push to complete EQ from the get go?

Much easier to hit replay than to back out and go back in.

Comments

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    If I remember correctly once you complete a quest there is a replay button.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

With the shift away from completion and completion rewards front loaded, can we add a replay button from the get go since there is zero push to complete EQ from the get go?

On your first run it will say play next, but on your next run it will say replay.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    The replay button will be there when you do one run from chapter 1 quest 1 all the way to chapter 3 quest 2. Then you can go back to chapter 1 quest 1 and do another path, complete another new path and replay button will be there to save times.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Gee, really? Never played the game before to notice when it pops up... 🙄

The point is, there is zero need to go once through to completion now. There's no bonus. No satisfaction to doing it because the completion rewards are gone. So might as well start out exploring. So there needs to be a replay button there from the get go. Not only for the final time through like it is now, or after completing.

If you're changing the reward structure which changes how you play the game, you need to add things to make it easier adjusting to the new style of play. Not really the right wording, but the point is still valid.

First quest is three paths. Replay shows up when there's only one path left. That's just dumb.

And safe to say I'm not a fan of front loading the rewards. Great for being a new person to what ever their max difficulty level is fork a reward perspective, but it completely changes the dynamic of the game and removes the satisfaction of actually being able to complete it, to defeat the big boss and get the rewards for doing it. Very anticlimactic to beat the sect 2 boss for the last time to get all the same rewards.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I get you. I do, but kabam wants that way so
    crogs said:

Gee, really? Never played the game before to notice when it pops up... 🙄

The point is, there is zero need to go once through to completion now. There's no bonus. No satisfaction to doing it because the completion rewards are gone. So might as well start out exploring. So there needs to be a replay button there from the get go. Not only for the final time through like it is now, or after completing.

If you're changing the reward structure which changes how you play the game, you need to add things to make it easier adjusting to the new style of play. Not really the right wording, but the point is still valid.

First quest is three paths. Replay shows up when there's only one path left. That's just dumb.

And safe to say I'm not a fan of front loading the rewards. Great for being a new person to what ever their max difficulty level is fork a reward perspective, but it completely changes the dynamic of the game and removes the satisfaction of actually being able to complete it, to defeat the big boss and get the rewards for doing it. Very anticlimactic to beat the sect 2 boss for the last time to get all the same rewards.

Then be more specific. In addition there is still reasons to do completition, in fact the way the rewards are laid out is better for those who cannot explore 100%, because you can pick and choose on the lower end to gain more rewards.
    I was plenty specific. The completion incentive is gone and the rewards are front loaded. So it makes more sense to explore as you go than to complete. So there should be a replay button there from the get go.

And my point still stands. I don't care about front loaded rewards. There was a satisfaction in being able to complete EQ, and the rewards were the bonus for accomplishing it. Now that the bonus rewards for completion are gone, there just isn't the same luster to push for it early.
    Daddrieda said:

I get you. I do, but kabam wants that way so

And that's fine they "want" it that way. Just make it easier for me to explore it. If they're changing the dynamic, make it easier for me to accomplish the task instead of having to back out and go back in until the quest's last run.
    crogs said:

I was plenty specific. The completion incentive is gone and the rewards are front loaded. So it makes more sense to explore as you go than to complete. So there should be a replay button there from the get go.

And my point still stands. I don't care about front loaded rewards. There was a satisfaction in being able to complete EQ, and the rewards were the bonus for accomplishing it. Now that the bonus rewards for completion are gone, there just isn't the same luster to push for it early.

Just because you dont care about something in no way means that others dont care about it either. In fact if it was just a satisfaction thing, nad the rewards were just bonus then what is the complaint about? It tells me you are being intentionally misleading and completing was not satisfying and rewards were a bonus, but that it was about the rewards.
    Lormif said:

crogs said:

Just because you dont care about something in no way means that others dont care about it either. In fact if it was just a satisfaction thing, nad the rewards were just bonus then what is the complaint about? It tells me you are being intentionally misleading and completing was not satisfying and rewards were a bonus, but that it was about the rewards.
    Caring or not. It changes the way people will do EQ now. If people need the rewards to rank or open something and are close they'll push for exploring early over completion.

And just because "you" don't agree, doesn't mean I'm alone. So again, if they're catering to a specific group of players by making this change, then it should be easy to make some adjustments by adding an extra button to make it easy to accomplish the actual task they skewed the rewards towards.

This was their change and push. So make it easier for me to do what "they" want. If you don't care, that's fine.

The goal is rewards in this game. The satisfaction of beating the big boss is now more secondary than before or should I say the past 5+ years. It's a major shift. So make it easier to adjust to that shift and add a stupid button. This isn't rocket science or major game play adjusyments. It's a button to make tedious things easier.
    crogs said:

Lormif said:

crogs said:

Caring or not. It changes the way people will do EQ now. If people need the rewards to rank or open something and are close they'll push for exploring early over completion.

And just because "you" don't agree, doesn't mean I'm alone. So again, if they're catering to a specific group of players by making this change, then it should be easy to make some adjustments by adding an extra button to make it easy to accomplish the actual task they skewed the rewards towards.

This was their change and push. So make it easier for me to do what "they" want. If you don't care, that's fine.

The goal is rewards in this game. The satisfaction of beating the big boss is now more secondary than before or should I say the past 5+ years. It's a major shift. So make it easier to adjust to that shift and add a stupid button. This isn't rocket science or major game play adjusyments. It's a button to make tedious things easier.
    It changes the way SOME people play eq, it will not change the way ALL or even MOST play it. Why should you get to force those of us who 100% content to have a harder time progressing for the completion run just because you no longer want to complete the quest. Also that is not what “they want”, that is an option they gave you so you can get more rewards easier.

You are the one who said the satisfaction was not in the rewards, then changed it in the next sentence, not me.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Adding a replay button doesn’t necessarily mean removing the play next button does it?
    I agree with OP though, I usually do a completion run first then go back and explore, with completion rewards now gone, a replay button would be preferred so I can just explore as I go.

Adding a replay button doesn’t necessarily mean removing the play next button does it?
    I agree with OP though, I usually do a completion run first then go back and explore, with completion rewards now gone, a replay button would be preferred so I can just explore as I go.

unless they redesigned the layout it would require replacing.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    crogs said:

Are you so lazy that you can't select "back to quests" and go back in that way, because there is no reason to consider your request as this isn't even a quality of life issue really, just exit and enter out, why make unnecessary changes??, it might just end up creating another bug
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    crogs said:

And if you do the math, the rewards have actually been buffed slightly, so if you have the time, you should explore it (although I really want 1000 6 star shards for completion)
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    All you have to do is quit the quest after the first run and re-enter. Each subsequent time you run it you get the replay button until the quest is 100% explored. Then you can move to the next one.

I always explore one quest before starting the next one so I'm quite familiar with this