**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rethinking Alliance Wars?

Varad18Varad18 Posts: 162
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
In Light of recent events, not just me but many in-game comrades and alliance members pointed out that compared to the monthly side event and EQ, Alliance War Rewards Make No Sense!
Hear me out, I got a full 5* Featured Crystal, a normal 5*, some 6* shards, a 5* awakening gem and T2 Alpha. I'm not even Cavalier I've got just 5k Prestige and My Alliance is in Silver 1.Even if we reach Gold 3;
7k 5* Shards, 1k 6* shards and a T2 Alpha looks nothing I'm front of the current juicy side quest and Omega Boss Rush. Plus all it took me was a team revive. Just ponder how much pain it is to gather 30 good members, list of defenders, arrange defense, play super safe in Wars and monitor every team player and play like at least 12 such wars in a season for so underwhelming rewards? Duh! Aq Glory weekly seems better mate, while the season rolls in once in a month and a half! Many Alliances are becoming AQ focussed, they don't care for wars as rewards ain't worth it. We need better War rewards for a month full of that much work!
(Irrespective of whether you play war or not, vote what you feel on this thread, as if we get better rewards and changes, you might reconsider playing wars)
Well,who else thinks so?

Rethinking Alliance Wars? 53 votes

Yeah, War Rewards need a buff!
88%
TheJalliQuikPikDarkSoulDLXFaisaljavedMcord117Albi⁴7²00⁴piratezoroMarvel2289o4tgMaxGun17SidDDragonKill_GreywingedWarrior2099abqberLattughinoTiger360Iron_Patriot_is_litDeaconCapn_DanteThicco_Mode 47 votes
No War Rewards are Suited to a month's work
11%
FrostyGigantor13LormifJollyHawkArsozD_rekz 6 votes

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    So you realize side events won’t always generate these kinds of rewards right?
  • Varad18Varad18 Posts: 162
    Unio77 said:

I just think of it as AW rewards being more catered towards high end players playing in high end wars.

And the lower level players being the 2nd favourite.

If you want better rewards you have to climb your way to the top.

However I do agree that rewards for lower level alliances are trash compared to side events like this months

Agreed. They Wanna 'attract' more and reward the 'fully-committed'. Guess the rest of rewards ain't worth it.
    Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Oh Lord! Does that Justify Poor war rewards? 😕
    Poor rewards are relative, the rewards just got a massive bump everywhere, the problem is you want massive rewards for little difficulty, eventually players like yourself want to turn this into most of the dead mobile games where rewards are easy to get, which leads to people getting bored.
    Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Poor rewards are relative, the rewards just got a massive bump everywhere, the problem is you want massive rewards for little difficulty, eventually players like yourself want to turn this into most of the dead mobile games where rewards are easy to get, which leads to people getting bored.
    Wars aren't a 'little difficult', of course Endgame players like you who pay and play won't get it, talking about easy rewards, I used to play the game when 4* were the Gods so I know more about how much they've inflated, than you. Also buffing everything else and keeping Wars trash ain't justifiable!
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It's war, like in real life people always fight for stupid things.
    Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Wars aren't a 'little difficult', of course Endgame players like you who pay and play won't get it, talking about easy rewards, I used to play the game when 4* were the Gods so I know more about how much they've inflated, than you. Also buffing everything else and keeping Wars trash ain't justifiable!
    You dont know me, or how long I have been playing, since near release, so I know just as well as anyone one how things have gone down. You have a 5k prestige, per your own words, that tells me you have NOT been here since 4*s were gods as you make out, otherwise just from base rewards you would be much higher even as a free to play player, so stick that chest back in, we can tell when you are overblowing your resume. Lastly I didn’t say other rewards got a bump, in season 19 all rewards above gold got a bump, in season 20 the lower rewards got a bump as well. They are not godly, nor should they be, because gold and below is easily done without spending, you dont even have to win much to maintain those ranks.
    Oh Jesus! My main account dates back to when this game started, of course no one's main account has 5k Prestige! Normal People call it 'Free-to-play' 🤦‍♂️
    GOTG said:

It's war, like in real life people always fight for stupid things.

😂😂
    Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

You dont know me, or how long I have been playing, since near release, so I know just as well as anyone one how things have gone down. You have a 5k prestige, per your own words, that tells me you have NOT been here since 4*s were gods as you make out, otherwise just from base rewards you would be much higher even as a free to play player, so stick that chest back in, we can tell when you are overblowing your resume. Lastly I didn’t say other rewards got a bump, in season 19 all rewards above gold got a bump, in season 20 the lower rewards got a bump as well. They are not godly, nor should they be, because gold and below is easily done without spending, you dont even have to win much to maintain those ranks.
    Oh Jesus! My main account dates back to when this game started, of course no one's main account has 5k Prestige! Normal People call it 'Free-to-play' 🤦‍♂️
    So now you have have a second account with a higher prestige, after making out like that was your only account, you didn’t mention a mini account, you said you only had 5k prestige, please stop, you are not helping the hole you dug yourself. Shoot you didn’t even know about the fact they just did a reward overhaul of wars.... With a 5k prestige you should not be getting a full 5* and lots of 6* shards unless you were amazing at this game, and going off this post I am pretty sure that is not you.
    You're talking to A Guy who Completed Act 5 with 4.5k Prestige on his FTP. All others of my prestige are struggling with Maestro😏
    Also Mate this ain't about me. It's about Wars.
    Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

So now you have have a second account with a higher prestige, after making out like that was your only account, you didn’t mention a mini account, you said you only had 5k prestige, please stop, you are not helping the hole you dug yourself. Shoot you didn’t even know about the fact they just did a reward overhaul of wars.... With a 5k prestige you should not be getting a full 5* and lots of 6* shards unless you were amazing at this game, and going off this post I am pretty sure that is not you.
    You're talking to A Guy who Completed Act 5 with 4.5k Prestige on his FTP. All others of my prestige are struggling with Maestro😏
    Most people from that time completed act 5 with that prestige or lower, so I am not sure what you are even trying boast about.... That was like the best you could get back then....
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    I think that war rewards need a buff. But not a huge buff. The war rewards right now are decent but not as good as they could be. My alliance is in Silver 2 right now. I'm not asking for crazy rewards like more shards. But maybe more rank up materials.
    Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Most people from that time completed act 5 with that prestige or lower, so I am not sure what you are even trying boast about.... That was like the best you could get back then....
    You Seriously Forget FTP, dontcha?
    Sazed said:

I think that war rewards need a buff. But not a huge buff. The war rewards right now are decent but not as good as they could be. My alliance is in Silver 2 right now. I'm not asking for crazy rewards like more shards. But maybe more rank up materials.

A Full Season is A Long Time... A little improvement on the reward structure could work
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Here’s the problem - if I could opt out of war, divert the glory I’m spending on potions to rankup materials, and come out ahead for doing nothing, then war has a design problem.

The difference between being ranked 801 and 3000 is 1500 6-star shards, 2500 5-star shards, and a quarter t5b. It goes up a bit based on actual war rewards, obviously. Ten potions covers the t5b, so one potion per war. The partial crystals...meh.
    Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

Varad18 said:

Lormif said:

You Seriously Forget FTP, dontcha?
    No, I am specifically talking about it,... I cannot help it is you are not as in the know as you think you are.
  • MaxGun17MaxGun17 Posts: 8
    I defo think they need a buff and not only rewards, even the matching needs some fix. Going against an ally with 1mil players while your ally has 300k avg is not fun at all and I think they need to implement something there to. Maybe it’s time to start a new alliance war type game mode itself, just scratch the current one.
  • TerryoswTerryosw Posts: 11
    I think aw needs to be reworked period, it's not even fun anymore alot of times people aren't even finishing war. It's definitely not worth the rewards considering the cost of resources that are spent in order to win or even finish...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    for many players, aw is just forgotten because the rewards are bad compared to other things you could be doing. it would definitely be welcome.

and a loyalty store update pls

for many players, aw is just forgotten because the rewards are bad compared to other things you could be doing. it would definitely be welcome.

Yeah Aq focused alliance is a common thing now. Wars are seemingly trash.
    Varad18 said:

yeah because shards don't provide guaranteed value, whereas cats allow you to pick and choose what you do. sure, there are class based cats, but it's nowhere near the rng of crystals. and for a lot of players, the effort and difficulty of aw is nowhere near the rewards for it. aq is great because glory🤑

Varad18 said:

yeah because shards don't provide guaranteed value, whereas cats allow you to pick and choose what you do. sure, there are class based cats, but it's nowhere near the rng of crystals. and for a lot of players, the effort and difficulty of aw is nowhere near the rewards for it. aq is great because glory🤑
    I see where this is going.. Post-Season we're gonna be an AQ focused alliance too😜
    Varad18 said:

Varad18 said:

I see where this is going.. Post-Season we're gonna be an AQ focused alliance too😜
    yeah our ally only does aw during the season, but it's pretty much stress free because we don't really plan anything, and literally our only rule in the alliance is to go on a new path and explore. we don't plan anything for aw and we take it pretty chill, so my experience has been pretty good. it's some shards every once in a while and a satisfaction of winning
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Our alliance isn't even high end and we still can't be bothered to run War, the AQ rewards trump the AW rewards
  • Yeah, War Rewards need a buff!
    Alliance war season rewards need to be increased, as it will take alot of hard work to manage an alliance whole month, and some times due to wrong matchmaking small alliance suffer a big disadvantage