**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My Honest Thoughts on Cavalier Difficulty and a Response to Seatin's Video

Comments

• Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Seatin only sees the game from 2 viewpoints. Someone who has started playing a few days ago or someone who has spent tons of money for years and years and has all the top champions maxed out. The 99.9% of people between those 2 extremes he doesn’t relate too.

Um no he talks about the top tier players and the ones that just reached cavalier. Those 2 are the only ones that are actually relevant when it comes to cavalier difficulty. Again, you make stuff up and it really shows that you just sprout BS.
    It is just my opinion. I learned a long time ago my opinion matters very little.
    But there is proof that your "opinion" isnt the case. Players that just started playing isnt going to play cavalier difficulty. This is about the whales and the people that just managed to get cavalier. This event is easy but has no rewards for the whales and the players that just got cavalier cant complete the event and get the rewards for it. It falls flat rewards wise for both sides.
    So what did you mean by the word “again”
  • Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★

Primis00 said:

Seatin only sees the game from 2 viewpoints. Someone who has started playing a few days ago or someone who has spent tons of money for years and years and has all the top champions maxed out. The 99.9% of people between those 2 extremes he doesn’t relate too.

Um no he talks about the top tier players and the ones that just reached cavalier. Those 2 are the only ones that are actually relevant when it comes to cavalier difficulty. Again, you make stuff up and it really shows that you just sprout BS.
    Actually, no. The players that land in the middle are also relevant since Kabam implemented path-based exploration. Those who can complete but not yet explore have to also be taken into consideration.
    And those are the players that just reached cavalier. You cant do this event unless you are cavalier, therefore the mid tiers you speak about cant even attempt it.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Actually, no. The players that land in the middle are also relevant since Kabam implemented path-based exploration. Those who can complete but not yet explore have to also be taken into consideration.
    And those are the players that just reached cavalier. You cant do this event unless you are cavalier, therefore the mid tiers you speak about cant even attempt it.
    Those people could also be on, say 6.3 and won’t be able to do all of the difficulty.

Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

It is just my opinion. I learned a long time ago my opinion matters very little.
    But there is proof that your "opinion" isnt the case. Players that just started playing isnt going to play cavalier difficulty. This is about the whales and the people that just managed to get cavalier. This event is easy but has no rewards for the whales and the players that just got cavalier cant complete the event and get the rewards for it. It falls flat rewards wise for both sides.
    That was to everyone else in here that make stuff up. People argue that Seatin has said things he hasnt even said, You just did the same.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

Go on, keep on being passive aggressive.

I'm just here for the tea

Girl, same. What if I make an MCOC tea channel???
    Maybe defeat act 6.3 Cap Boss with Ronan while you are at it.
    best video ever! <3</p>
    I agree !
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

I meant the players who are more experienced than a fresh Cav, but wayyy less than an Act 6 completion.
    Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

That was to everyone else in here that make stuff up. People argue that Seatin has said things he hasnt even said, You just did the same.
    So your first instinct when I said something you disagreed with was to insult me?
    Are some of you on this man’s payroll?
    Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

So your first instinct when I said something you disagreed with was to insult me?
    Where did i insult you? I just told you to not sprout BS that isnt true.
    You from portland?

Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Primis00 said:

Where did i insult you? I just told you to not sprout BS that isnt true.
    You from portland?
    No? From Sweden
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Well anybody up for the task?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

I like Cavalier difficulty. I think Kabam nailed everything on except the rewards. In Seatin's "leaving my alliance" video and as many others have mentioned, MCOC players want fun nodes to compliment challenging nodes. And Kabam did EXACTLY that. And people were still mad. I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone who thinks that Cav difficulty is too hard or too consuming. Just don't do it. I think Kabam nailed the node design down for about 85% of cav difficulty, which is very impressive for Kabam's recent standards. They had exactly what players wanted: fun nodes to compliment challenging nodes. Buffed up and the cosmic aptitude node. That was so fun. The science quest was very fun as well and the nodes complimented each other very well. The mystic quest as well, especially if you had a great mystic nullifier/high special attack dealer. Mutant was amazing with Omega Red and okay with other champions (could always bring Colossus as well cuz he's bleed immune). The skill and tech nodes kinda missed the mark but at least 2/3 of the fun nodes were good.

I think people are too focused on the rewards (which need improvement) than the difficulty itself. The difficulty is fair. The health pools are Act 6 like, which is what everyone wanted before cav difficulty was released. But now, suddenly, people are complaining about the health pools. Well guess what, we also have these cool new class-specific nodes in each quest that increase a champion's damage so that those fights can end faster. There's no excuse about the health pools, they're very fair.

I don't think enough people are applauding Kabam's work in making cav difficulty both fun and challenging. Seatin called it a massive fail, and I'm gonna have to disagree big time. Seatin and most other players said they wanted both fun and challenging nodes in future content, and Kabam did just that. Seatin said that it was too tedious, but he 100% explored it all in 2 days, which took 8 hours. Of course it would be tedious for him. The "correct" way to play event quests is to do 1-2 paths a day and space it throughout the entire month, not do it all on release. Now, with Seatin being a youtuber and all, I understand why he did it all on the first 2 days and I appreciate it as he was able to do all the paths and show us an example of how to beat those paths. But saying it's tedious isn't an excuse to call Cav difficulty a massive fail.

Closing thoughts: I think Cav difficulty is actually a positive step for MCOC. Bar the rewards, which need to be bumped up a bit (6 star shards from 5000 to 7500 and a bit more T2A imo, could be other changes), I think Kabam nailed the node design down. Even that Apocalypse fight was fun because if you intercepted (which requires skill), you benefit with a massive 200% attack increase for 5 seconds. For every challenge, there was a benefit that required skill to complete. I think you're fooling yourself if you say it's a massive fail because it isn't. It includes fun node designs and incorporates those with challenging node designs to keep you interested. Everyone was complaining that Uncollected EQ was too easy for the past year or so and when Cav difficulty came out, it was either too hard or too tedious for people. Don't be a flip flop. If you think Cav difficulty is too hard, don't do it. If you think it's too tedious, don't do it. Do you really want the future of MCOC to be rewards handed to you on a plate with little work required? I sure don't. I want to work for those rewards and have fun while doing that. And Cav difficulty has done just that for me, although I would like a bit of a rewards buff, as I said earlier. Overall, Cavalier difficulty has been a fun, permanent addition to the game to keep you enticed and on your toes.

Leave your thoughts below. I'd love to discuss.

Seatin wants free stuff for just showing up and a giant banner that says he's amazing when he scratches his foot.
This discussion has been closed.