**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War matchmaking...why?

LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
Our alliance just entered G1 and we got matched up against P4 alliance. How brutal it is? Hope kabam is listening.

Comments

• LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    This is my ally

This is opponent ally

There rating and prestige is much higher then us..
  • B3y0nderB3y0nder Posts: 7

This just the same we are experiencing not only the war rating should be taken into account but also the total rating of the alliance we have faced with such matches not just this time but few times before as well. Lot os alliances are facing this issue. Kabam should take notice of this.

Same war rating cuz we won last 4 wars in a row with 3 BGs, so u mean to say that 8.9k prestige vs 10k is Ok when others have mostly hv r5 defenders n we only have few cuz we are still growing.

Almost the same war rating. Alliance rating can be manipulated, like prestige was previously. Besides, isn’t p4 right above g1?

Bruhh..this is first time we entered G1 and opponent alliance was in P1 last season. What do you expect from us? We don’t have a chance against them, flow tactics for the first time. If our players are eligible to fight against them then doesn’t matter whoever the opponent is. Little hards is fine, but it is direct leap.

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    Lordabck said:

Almost the same war rating. Alliance rating can be manipulated, like prestige was previously. Besides, isn’t p4 right above g1?

Bruhh..this is first time we entered G1 and opponent alliance was in P1 last season. What do you expect from us? We don’t have a chance against them, flow tactics for the first time. If our players are eligible to fight against them then doesn’t matter whoever the opponent is. Little hards is fine, but it is direct leap.

It’s a challenge. I wish your ally the best of luck
    Voltolos said:

B3y0nder said:

Same war rating cuz we won last 4 wars in a row with 3 BGs, so u mean to say that 8.9k prestige vs 10k is Ok when others have mostly hv r5 defenders n we only have few cuz we are still growing.

Winning multiple wars should result in a harder war opponent. Thats an intentional mechanic to prevent endless win streaks
    Yes bro but, atleast opponent should be someone against whom we can atleast compete. Flow tactics is first time for us. We don’t mind losing but what is the point of losing when we can’t even compete properly.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    B3y0nder said:

Prestige can be bought. I’m not saying it’s definitely the case here, but having 10k prestige is no guarantee of actual skill.

Personally I’ve come across plenty of people who have spent large amounts of money to buy their way to 10.5k prestige. But they can’t clear any content.

Don’t get too fixated on numbers and worry about the things you can control.
    Shamir51 said:

B3y0nder said:

Prestige can be bought. I’m not saying it’s definitely the case here, but having 10k prestige is no guarantee of actual skill.

Personally I’ve come across plenty of people who have spent large amounts of money to buy their way to 10.5k prestige. But they can’t clear any content.

Don’t get too fixated on numbers and worry about the things you can control.
    Bro we are fighting against them, their defender are R5. In last season they were in P4. We did whatever possible in our control and it wasn’t even a competition for them. We are loosing easily.
    Lordabck said:

Shamir51 said:

B3y0nder said:

Exactly we entered G1 1st time also we didn't hv much experience with tier 5 war, we were G3 last season and other alliance were P4 so they have
    more experience n better champs then us how is this fair to us

• JoedartJoedart Posts: 41
    You win some you lose some... it will balance out and you’ll be where you should be at the end of the season. I think this season the rebalance has been spot on, but I’m only in a lowly S3 ally.

Besides, it’s AW which is arguably the worst component of this game... the rewards absolutely suck for the time spent on a season.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Looks fine to me, you're similar war rating. What's the issue?

Alliance rating and prestige aren't involved when war matchmaking.
  • If they were to bring Prestige back into the matchmaking equation (like it was before, when alliances were thus able to get well outside of their equivalent Tier range), then Kabam would have to somehow also implement ROADBLOCK LIMITS of some sort.

Like an 8k Prestige Ally can only work their way up to Tier 9 (or some such sort, with different Tier-Limit specifications for lots of different ranges of Prestige’s, etc), or I guess by limiting the underlying War Rating increases at that point. etc.
    So as to avoid getting into same situation as the old system had allowed.

But you know there would be a lot of complaint about that as well then.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 345 ★★★
    You got matched up against matching war rating. Your alliance average team rating or total team rating or prestige does not matter. The first matching criteria is I believe the war rating.
    Also the platinum 4 is last season's final standing not this season.
    ChriissR said:

It is like guys are asking that an amateur boxer who has nil or little experience to fight with a professional boxer who has tons of experience fighting. Obviously pro will win. I am not saying war rating should not be there in war match making but alliance not only should be matched according to war rating + there prestige + there total rating should be taken into account when matching.

Cuz when we were matched with this alliance we had no experience of tier 5, while the other alliance had lot of experience playing tier 5 war as in last season they were in p4.
    Also they had mostly r5 5* champs when we had only few.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Don’t see y’all complaining when winning 3 straight..
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    B3y0nder said:

ChriissR said:

It is like guys are asking that an amateur boxer who has nil or little experience to fight with a professional boxer who has tons of experience fighting. Obviously pro will win. I am not saying war rating should not be there in war match making but alliance not only should be matched according to war rating + there prestige + there total rating should be taken into account when matching.

Cuz when we were matched with this alliance we had no experience of tier 5, while the other alliance had lot of experience playing tier 5 war as in last season they were in p4.
    Your analogy is majorly flawed, they are not a new war team, they are in gold last season and on a winning streak, and likewise the other team seems to be on a losing streak, maybe losing their good players. It is more like a fighter in the lightweight moving up to the welterweight division then getting mad that they are fighting welterweight fighters and demanding to get the rewards of welterweight but only fight lightweight champions.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    G1 vs P4 with the same war rating, what are you complaining about? Both alliances are clearly on tbe borderline of climbing or dropping. Looks fine to me.
  • The AW system is probably better than it has been in a long time. Last season was a bit rocky, had some easy matches but also some truly awful matches but they warned us about that.

Before the changes were sitting comfortably at P1 as a lower prestige alliance ~9.5-8k, only fighting similar alliances and obviously we were better than most as AW was our focus. When it was switched up and we started coming across the 11k prestige whale alliances we lost more than we won but let’s be real - we should have been facing those alliances before as they were in the same bracket as us. We’re now sitting in the bottom half of P2 and we both beat and loss to alliances of all sizes.

It ain’t the size, it’s the motion in the ocean (though a bit of size doesn’t hurt)
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,110 ★★★★
    Seems fair to me. Both alliances have similar war rating. Seems like your alliance is on a winning streak and there is on a losing streak. This gives your alliance an opportunity to test out the higher tier war to see if you can hang out with the higher tiers. Enabling your alliance an opportunity to the higher rewards. How are you suppose to move up in ranking if all you do is fight the same prestige alliance. If you lose then you will be drop to a difference war tier with a different opponent problem solved. If you win then you will get the opportunity to showcase your mad skills at the higher tier and get the opportunity to reap the higher rewards. Nothing to see here
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    I gather it’s your first war facing alliance tactic, that’s a pretty big handicap you have right here, but it’s a learning curve a lot of alliances faced too.

As to the the r5 to your r4, again see it as practice for when you keep climbing the ranks. Higher tiers have an increased attack and health bonus, you’d face a similar challenge even with champs of the same rank.

The odds are your alliance is at a stage where you’ll lose whenever you’re in tier5 and win whenever you’re in tier 6. It should get you decent season rewards as it is, and eventually you’ll get used to the tier5 map and be able to win against stronger opponents too.
    Lormif said:

B3y0nder said:

ChriissR said:

Your analogy is majorly flawed, they are not a new war team, they are in gold last season and on a winning streak, and likewise the other team seems to be on a losing streak, maybe losing their good players. It is more like a fighter in the lightweight moving up to the welterweight division then getting mad that they are fighting welterweight fighters and demanding to get the rewards of welterweight but only fight lightweight champions.
    I was not talking about them i was talking about us anyway it is not welterweight vs lightweight it is lightweight vs super welterweight.
    For lightweight to climb up he must gain skills n strength. It is not like u r lightweight u win a match against lightweight and suddenly u will be facing welterweight.

I gather it’s your first war facing alliance tactic, that’s a pretty big handicap you have right here, but it’s a learning curve a lot of alliances faced too.

As to the the r5 to your r4, again see it as practice for when you keep climbing the ranks. Higher tiers have an increased attack and health bonus, you’d face a similar challenge even with champs of the same rank.

The odds are your alliance is at a stage where you’ll lose whenever you’re in tier5 and win whenever you’re in tier 6. It should get you decent season rewards as it is, and eventually you’ll get used to the tier5 map and be able to win against stronger opponents too.

U suggestions are taken into account and i know it is process of gaining skills.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    B3y0nder said:

Lormif said:

B3y0nder said:

ChriissR said:

I was not talking about them i was talking about us anyway it is not welterweight vs lightweight it is lightweight vs super welterweight.
    For lightweight to climb up he must gain skills n strength. It is not like u r lightweight u win a match against lightweight and suddenly u will be facing welterweight.
    it does not matter who you are talking about, nor does it if you want to claim welterweight or superwelter weight, the point is the same. You are choosing to go for better rewards, that is classes above yours, you shoudl therefore be matched against others like that, which you were. You wanted to move up divisions, you could stay in the lower divisions for the worse rewards. You dont get to move up rewards without fighting the harder opponents. "strength" in this game is not Pi, or prestige, both of those things can be manipulated such that a heavyweight can be riguting lightweights, instead it is ability to play the game, and deal with nodes.