Champion Spotlight - Storm (Pyramid X)

2»

Comments

• I.e beacuse of her low basic damage if I am waiting for 5-6 prowess to build and activate special -3 at the start of the fight .bonus damage is not coming ,it is showing late because you have to take lot of time to get into 3 bars of power with small basic attacks .so I am not able to use her special-3 properly .so I am using her special -2 with unlockable heavy charged prowess .so ,can you please tell me how to use special-3 with getting bonus damage not getting late .
  • Also please guide whether to rank her upto 5 the rank or can I get maximum damage with rank-2 also. Because I have other plans ,but I got her suddenly .with rank-2 5-star can I get some maximum damage or does it definitely need high rank to get damage .please clarify this doubt also .thanks in advance if you clarify all those doubts.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,376 ★★★★★
    I’m happy to help, actually creating a guide for generally.

You want to use the SP3 spam. I know her SP2 can do more damage if it crits, but that’s just it. It never crits. Your DPS will skyrocket going for SP3’s.

Your first SP3 won’t hit as hard since only one tempest is active. But once you’ve thrown your first one, you want to race back to your SP3. This means you want to play very aggressively. I’m usually able to stack 9 to 11 prowess by the time I get back to my SP3

You also want to make sure your getting to your SP3 before your second tempest expires. This gives you a 150% attack increase on your SP3, double prowess building up, both your immunities, and the random stun and glancing. That’s how you keep it up 90% of the time

You definitely want to use your heavy before throwing the special attacks. Another advantage of the SP3 is that you don’t need to be next to the opponent while you charge your heavy. You can hold down your heavy and throw your SP3 without letting of it.

You’ll generally want to start with your lightning Tempest unless you need coldsnap immunity. This gives you ten random s change to stun, which means you need to find less openings and you can play more aggressively, allowing your prowess to stack higher

She’s a glass cannon champion, like Stark Spidey or Stealth Spidey. She doesn’t have a lot of health due to her high damage output, so you need to be playing well when using her. That’s another reason landing her stubs is so nice, you don’t need to have your block melted baiting the opponents heavy to find an opening

Really, Storm X is only as good as the player. If you can play aggressively and stack a lot of prowess, she’ll be amazing. If you are playing very passively, taking a lot of blocked hits and losing your second tempest and prowess, your going to lose a lot of your damage and she will feel underwhelming.

Hope this helps @Shieldweb_001
  • slackerslacker Posts: 594 ★★★

Have I played her? Well considering I have the 5* at 5/65, I’m going to say yes to that one.

Her SP2 isn’t the special you should use because of her awful crit rate. You use the SP3. I don’t know if you missed this but in my original comment but my 5/65 throws 140k SP3’s. That’s equal or better than Havok. Moderate damage my a*s

Increasing prowess isn’t difficult, you or your opponent just need to get a bar of power. How easy do you want it to be, can’t get much simpler than that

And I’m sorry “Bla bla blaaa”. Yeah she has no utility if you f***ing ignore it *slow clap*

And again. I use her. All the time. And if you’re playing her right, then you have both tempest active 90% of the time. So you have some protection against low health, although the health is abysmal, she’s flimsy, I won’t argue that. But if you’re getting hit in Act 6 for example, most champs are going down in one combo anyway and you’re doing something wrong if you’re getting hit.

Again, SP3 for damage, not SP2 because it doesn’t crit. Do you even play her, because your knowledge on this champion is shocking compared to your claims

Then you go on a tirade about damage again when you clearly don’t know how to use her. I know that because you say that if you activate Ice tempest then her damage sucks. The tempest you pick at the start of the fight does not affect your damage. The damage comes from the prowess, which she gains with both.

And I think saying someone counters Korg and annihilus is important considering they are some of the most damn prevalent characters in the game and a large proportion of the player base struggle with them. Did I mention she counters masochism through this ability too? You know, the node in the quest that usually walls people out of uncollected.

And yeah, you can use your utility without her damage sucking, you just clearly have little to no experience with the champion.

What’s this about losing prowess if you screw up? Because she isn’t going to lose prowess by getting hit. I can only assume you mean you lose her tempests by getting power drained, which comes off of Magik’s SP2. And if you’re getting hit by Magik’s SP2 you have much larger problems than criticising a champion you don’t know how to use. And I’ve covered damage extensively, you don’t know how to use her.

Oh and now it seems you caught onto the fact I’m using a 5/65, even though you’ve previously said “if you use her you will know the pain”. What are you on about at this point.

And do you not think that if I have her at 5/65 and you have her R2 or 3, then I’m probably doing higher end content with her where the attack values are higher so it ends up equivalent? Also, if you’re getting hit by attacks, that’s a you problem, not the champion.

Again you criticise me for pointing out that she counters shrug off abilities. I don’t know where you are in terms of progression, but let me tell you as someone with 100% Act 6 and all variants, it’s incredibly useful. We are literally just seeing a ‘tenacity’ node appear, which gives any champion a chance to shrug off. And it’s not about how many matchups a champ counters, it’s about what matchups they actually counter. Personally I would rather a champion countered Annihilus rather than Falcon, but hey, maybe that’s just me.

And dear god, don’t criticise the damage when you don’t know to use her, it’s not a good look. We know her crit rate sucks. That’s why we use the mega SP3 which doesn’t rely on crit damage.

And are you really comparing her to Sym Spidey? Jesus f***ing Christ. Sym Spidey has guaranteed damage on the SP2. She has much higher guaranteed damage out out on the SP3

Sym Spidey has little utility. He can armour break and that’s basically it. That is the only useful piece of utility he has

Storm, as I’ve said, can prevent shrug off, has two immunities, energy damage, energy resistance, evade counter on SP1(which she does sacrifice some damage for I’ll give you that), a passive slow on her SP1 for its duration, she places shocks on the SP2, providing a counter for thunderstruck.

You’re making a fool of yourself. Come back after doing some god damn research.

Honestly man, make a full guide pls so that everyone can understood her and view her better than she does
    Btw with Apocalyse synergy, her low crit rate will no longer a problem, in his deep dive, she did 160k+ sp2
    slacker said:

Have I played her? Well considering I have the 5* at 5/65, I’m going to say yes to that one.

Her SP2 isn’t the special you should use because of her awful crit rate. You use the SP3. I don’t know if you missed this but in my original comment but my 5/65 throws 140k SP3’s. That’s equal or better than Havok. Moderate damage my a*s

Increasing prowess isn’t difficult, you or your opponent just need to get a bar of power. How easy do you want it to be, can’t get much simpler than that

And I’m sorry “Bla bla blaaa”. Yeah she has no utility if you f***ing ignore it *slow clap*

And again. I use her. All the time. And if you’re playing her right, then you have both tempest active 90% of the time. So you have some protection against low health, although the health is abysmal, she’s flimsy, I won’t argue that. But if you’re getting hit in Act 6 for example, most champs are going down in one combo anyway and you’re doing something wrong if you’re getting hit.

Again, SP3 for damage, not SP2 because it doesn’t crit. Do you even play her, because your knowledge on this champion is shocking compared to your claims

Then you go on a tirade about damage again when you clearly don’t know how to use her. I know that because you say that if you activate Ice tempest then her damage sucks. The tempest you pick at the start of the fight does not affect your damage. The damage comes from the prowess, which she gains with both.

And I think saying someone counters Korg and annihilus is important considering they are some of the most damn prevalent characters in the game and a large proportion of the player base struggle with them. Did I mention she counters masochism through this ability too? You know, the node in the quest that usually walls people out of uncollected.

And yeah, you can use your utility without her damage sucking, you just clearly have little to no experience with the champion.

What’s this about losing prowess if you screw up? Because she isn’t going to lose prowess by getting hit. I can only assume you mean you lose her tempests by getting power drained, which comes off of Magik’s SP2. And if you’re getting hit by Magik’s SP2 you have much larger problems than criticising a champion you don’t know how to use. And I’ve covered damage extensively, you don’t know how to use her.

Oh and now it seems you caught onto the fact I’m using a 5/65, even though you’ve previously said “if you use her you will know the pain”. What are you on about at this point.

And do you not think that if I have her at 5/65 and you have her R2 or 3, then I’m probably doing higher end content with her where the attack values are higher so it ends up equivalent? Also, if you’re getting hit by attacks, that’s a you problem, not the champion.

Again you criticise me for pointing out that she counters shrug off abilities. I don’t know where you are in terms of progression, but let me tell you as someone with 100% Act 6 and all variants, it’s incredibly useful. We are literally just seeing a ‘tenacity’ node appear, which gives any champion a chance to shrug off. And it’s not about how many matchups a champ counters, it’s about what matchups they actually counter. Personally I would rather a champion countered Annihilus rather than Falcon, but hey, maybe that’s just me.

And dear god, don’t criticise the damage when you don’t know to use her, it’s not a good look. We know her crit rate sucks. That’s why we use the mega SP3 which doesn’t rely on crit damage.

And are you really comparing her to Sym Spidey? Jesus f***ing Christ. Sym Spidey has guaranteed damage on the SP2. She has much higher guaranteed damage out out on the SP3

Sym Spidey has little utility. He can armour break and that’s basically it. That is the only useful piece of utility he has

Storm, as I’ve said, can prevent shrug off, has two immunities, energy damage, energy resistance, evade counter on SP1(which she does sacrifice some damage for I’ll give you that), a passive slow on her SP1 for its duration, she places shocks on the SP2, providing a counter for thunderstruck.

You’re making a fool of yourself. Come back after doing some god damn research.

Honestly man, make a full guide pls so that everyone can understood her and view her better than she does
    Btw with Apocalyse synergy, her low crit rate will no longer a problem, in his deep dive, she did 160k+ sp2
    I’m working on it. Think I’m going to make it a video, so just finishing up the script, then I need to work out the editing software. But it’s coming along. I think a video will work better as I can actually showcase the numbers and people don’t need to take my word for it

And honestly, I’m more excited for the synergies Prof X and Apocalypse have with her than the champs themselves. Will 100% be grinding the 4*s of both, life providing
  • @rocky panther x ,heratly thanks for your suggestions . I am not getting bonus damage damage 12% on special-3 ,it is showing late .I am getting late for the first special-3 ,because I am gathering 4-5 charges and using heavy .does it happens Everytime or should I need to play more aggressively to build my 3-bar power .

If you have an YouTube account ,if you can make a guide or a video her. It will helpful for others. It is not necessary ,but if you have a YouTube channel and doin videos ,please post me the link in this ,so it will be helpful .

@rocky panther x ,heratly thanks for your suggestions . I am not getting bonus damage damage 12% on special-3 ,it is showing late .I am getting late for the first special-3 ,because I am gathering 4-5 charges and using heavy .does it happens Everytime or should I need to play more aggressively to build my 3-bar power .

If you have an YouTube account ,if you can make a guide or a video her. It will helpful for others. It is not necessary ,but if you have a YouTube channel and doin videos ,please post me the link in this ,so it will be helpful .

That 12% thing is a little mini game that all 5*s have, it’s not intrinsic to Storm X. You need to tap the screen at the right time to get it on any 5*. It’s not affected by any abilities. It sounds like you’re building up to the first SP3 right, just continue to do that with all your SP3’s and she should slap. Don’t worry about nailing the 12%/20% bonus on the SP3, that comes with practice

@rocky panther x ,heratly thanks for your suggestions . I am not getting bonus damage damage 12% on special-3 ,it is showing late .I am getting late for the first special-3 ,because I am gathering 4-5 charges and using heavy .does it happens Everytime or should I need to play more aggressively to build my 3-bar power .

That 12% thing is a little mini game that all 5*s have, it’s not intrinsic to Storm X. You need to tap the screen at the right time to get it on any 5*. It’s not affected by any abilities. It sounds like you’re building up to the first SP3 right, just continue to do that with all your SP3’s and she should slap. Don’t worry about nailing the 12%/20% bonus on the SP3, that comes with practice
    And I’ve not got a YouTube thing yet, currently doing some work on it. Keep an eye out, I’ll make a thread on the forums with the video attached once I’ve finished it. Not sure how long it will take

• @Rockypantherx nice ,waiting for link .
  • @Rockypantherx one last doubt. You have said that first special-3 damage does not depend on which tempest is active and depend only on number of prowess .then using of lightning tempests is no use for normal champions as passive stun applies only for purify champions .

So ,if we use cold temptest ,then you can glance and can save your health .

I also had a small observation ,if I use cold temptest basic attacks are doing critic more than using lightning mode .

So ,starting in cold temptest is giving some advantage against lightning .

Can you please observe the critic damage from both and tell me , which prowess to start for fighting normal champions to spam using special-3 only .

@Rockypantherx one last doubt. You have said that first special-3 damage does not depend on which tempest is active and depend only on number of prowess .then using of lightning tempests is no use for normal champions as passive stun applies only for purify champions .

So ,if we use cold temptest ,then you can glance and can save your health .

I also had a small observation ,if I use cold temptest basic attacks are doing critic more than using lightning mode .

So ,starting in cold temptest is giving some advantage against lightning .

Can you please observe the critic damage from both and tell me , which prowess to start for fighting normal champions to spam using special-3 only .

I’m not sure what’s causing the extra crit damage, that’s not in the abilities.

As for which to start in, I favour lightning since it gives you a 2% chance to stun per prowess, up to a 16%. This can give you an opening to reach your SP3 quicker, thus you will probably have more prowess. It also means you might have to take less blocked hit, and no damage is better than less damage

Her ability to apply the passive stun is dependent on having a tempest active, it will happen regardless
  • Shieldweb_001Shieldweb_001 Posts: 13
    edited September 2020
    Bro ,you should add how to use storm in smaller fights ,medium fights and longer fights in your guide . Because for shorter fights according to my opinion ,special-2 will be good enough rather than waiting for special-3 to occur .for medium fights special-3 and special-2 will clear them .for longer fights we have to spam special-3

As she is a very complex champion to understand ,you can help us to how to use her in different situations because you have lot more experience using her.

Bro ,you should add how to use storm in smaller fights ,medium fights and longer fights in your guide . Because for shorter fights according to my opinion ,special-2 will be good enough rather than waiting for special-3 to occur .for medium fights special-3 and special-2 will clear them .for longer fights we have to spam special-3

As she is a very complex champion to understand ,you can help us to how to use her in different situations because you have lot more experience using her.

Sure I’ll add that in. Thanks for the suggestion. It’s kind of difficult to gauge as people will be using different ranks for the same content, so I’ll do my best to generalise
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 147
    I loved playing her before, but as a Horseman of Apocalypse x10!!!
  • Ryze90Ryze90 Posts: 7
    Is she worth ranking up??
    Ryze90 said:

Is she worth ranking up??

Yes.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 4,726 ★★★★★
    Looking through this thread to get some insight on Storm X...

I’m curious: have you tried putting her on a team with Guardian and his block pro synergy? Wondering if this resolves some of the issues with chip damage. @Rockypantherx

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Looking through this thread to get some insight on Storm X...

I’m curious: have you tried putting her on a team with Guardian and his block pro synergy? Wondering if this resolves some of the issues with chip damage. @Rockypantherx

Dr. Zola

I haven’t actually, but that’s a really good shout. I might have a play around with that, I’ve got a 5* Guardian I can test with her.

Great idea