**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

just me?

whenever i go into the legendary mode of the treasure island, the boss is always weapon x. is this meant to happen or?

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Its random, just be prepared and bring a counter for him.
  • artfvlartfvl Posts: 75

i have gone in and backed out of it at least 30 times.
    are you telling me that those 30 times it was random

You can practise multiple times and quit if you fail.. No worries

it’s not about how difficult he is, it’s why do i only get him as a boss
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    You can only reset him by beating him
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i've only faced him once
  • @artfvl , see this other (albeit confrontational) thread of people trying to explain to him...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/221586/when-does-the-boss-in-treasure-island-change#latest
    Arsoz said:

Keep trying it took me 2 hours before i beat him with no revives

with what team
    nolcuN said:

You can only reset him by beating him

ok good to know thanks
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I mean it’s completely random so why couldn’t you get him every time you go in?

In roulette, it’s entirely possible for 100 straight spins to land on the same colour.
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    edited September 2020
    In Legendary, I've had Weapon X twice so far as a boss. A long with a Red Mag and a White Mag. I didn't have to use any revives luckily but Weapon X was definitely the more challenging one. First key I ran Epic for the 5* Featured and don't recall who the boss was.
  • The_realm_legend212The_realm_legend212 Posts: 101
    edited September 2020
    artfvl said:

How is that you got so many keys??
    I have just played epic till now so I'm not sure how the legendary map looks like, but yet did you head straight to the boss??

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

artfvl said:

I have just played epic till now so I'm not sure how the legendary map looks like, but yet did you head straight to the boss??

if you leave you keep the key but the door stays locked
    either that or he did go straight to the boss
  • FYI, there is NO DAILY RESET (if you can’t get past one). Just tested it and Boss and Hidden remained the same starting new quest again after the time when new Objective came out.
    So you just have to muscle past a hard boss, before they will actually be re-rolled to potentially get different ones. But at least with a hard boss you can go right to him (just stay Middle, don’t take a path to any rewards), and will at least have all 5 champs healthy to try and get Boss down (to hopefully get different boss next time).

Unless the extremely low odds happened that both the Boss (sort of ok odds of a repeat) *and* the Hidden (larger pool, so less likely of a repeat) both happened to re-roll onto same one I had seen from last night and this morning (but exited both times before in order to test this Daily theory).

And FYI also, link to thread identifying the Boss and Hidden nodes by their PI...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/221058/mutant-treasure-island-full-maps-for-legendary-epic-master-heroic#latest
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    bring a doom that's what helped me
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Use Mr. Sinister
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    I just got Weapon X as a boss for the third time today. Practice makes perfect!
    edited September 2020

artfvl said:

Haha no, i go straight to the boss