**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake evade bug?

Comments

• hankenar77hankenar77 Posts: 18
    Her aftershock damage wasn't scaling correctly so they fixed her back then, but there wasn't a single word about this interaction between her concussion and immunity to it. So I think that's intended
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    This question has come up many times. The evade occurs when a concussion is active. The evade does not occur because of aar, it simply occurs because of the concussion. The concussion also reduces ability accuracy but it's a separate effect. They are not related (the evade and the aar). When a node or ability prevents aar, it doesn't prevent the concussion itself, just stops it from reducing ability. Unless a node or ability specifically stated that it prevents concussion..then she will still evade. Now, why the concussion icon isn't visible, I'm not sure. But it's there, just like the Mystic Conditioning debuff that BG talked about in his 626 streams. Or as mentioned above.. if a character is bleed immune and starts the fight with a bleed, the bleed icon doesn't appear either.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

This question has come up many times. The evade occurs when a concussion is active. The evade does not occur because of aar, it simply occurs because of the concussion. The concussion also reduces ability accuracy but it's a separate effect. They are not related (the evade and the aar). When a node or ability prevents aar, it doesn't prevent the concussion itself, just stops it from reducing ability. Unless a node or ability specifically stated that it prevents concussion..then she will still evade. Now, why the concussion icon isn't visible, I'm not sure. But it's there, just like the Mystic Conditioning debuff that BG talked about in his 626 streams. Or as mentioned above.. if a character is bleed immune and starts the fight with a bleed, the bleed icon doesn't appear either.

Concussion immune Emma Frost disagrees with the assertion it’s actually concussion responsible here.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

You are probably just too slow rotating back to heavy, no bugs at all, just your manual input is too slow.

No, diablo has a force of will node so he is immune to concussion. This is not related to manual input.
    This is related to how she interacts.
    force of will doesnt prevent it mate, I quake force of will, debuff immune AAR immunity champs all the time
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

Emma frost is immune to concussion, You cannot apply concussion to AA or mysterio. Quake should fail to evade in every debuff immune node in the game because you cannot apply concussion since that is a debuff. It's either AAR or the concussion debuff which makes her evade. Kabam have to clarify which and either update her text ot fix her.I honestly think this is a bug and should be dealt with as such similar to AA, MS, BWCV and the likes. Start disagreeing. :wink:
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Emma frost is immune to concussion, You cannot apply concussion to AA or mysterio. Quake should fail to evade in every debuff immune node in the game because you cannot apply concussion since that is a debuff. It's either AAR or the concussion debuff which makes her evade. Kabam have to clarify which and either update her text ot fix her.I honestly think this is a bug and should be dealt with as such similar to AA, MS, BWCV and the likes. Start disagreeing. :wink:
    I'm 99% sure it's a text thing. back when she was released, they were much less clear in champion abilities pages and would just leave stuff out for us to figure out like magik sp2 power steal. I think they just worded it like that, but it functions based off only the heavy and not concussion.
    edited September 2020
    Pulyaman said:

I’ll 100% disagree with the assertion that either AAR or concussion are responsible for allowing her to evade. It’s neither, Quake evades basic attacks while charging a heavy but yes this does not follow with her description; that’s likely due to updates she received long after release.

When she was first introduced her concussion happened in the background and no one bypassed it nor were immune to it. Long after her release they made her heavy Charge apply a debuff rather than a passive effect.

So why did this suddenly also not take away her evasion from champs/nodes that were immune to the debuff? Likely because they would not drastically alter her core function a year after release, they couldn’t take away her heavy evade against debuff and AAR reduction champions because she was designed to evade while charging a heavy attack.

TL;dr Quake was designed to evade basic attacks while charging a heavy attack and due to updates to concussion and how she applies it Kabam never reconciled her description after making changes to concussion.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Pulyaman said:

So, basically what I was trying to say was that being immune to aar, doesn't mean one is immune to concussion. It just means the concussion will fail to reduce the ability accuracy. It doesn't mean it will fail to proc? Yes? I think to guys are right about the text description being outdated though. I'm just seeing people use the term "immune to concussion" and "immune to aar" interchangeably. That's the part I don't agree with. Mysterio, AA and Force of Will do not mention being immune to concussion, only that it will not work on them as far as reducing their ability accuracy.

Pulyaman said:

I’ll 100% disagree with the assertion that either AAR or concussion are responsible for allowing her to evade. It’s neither, Quake evades basic attacks while charging a heavy but yes this does not follow with her description; that’s likely due to updates she received long after release.

When she was first introduced her concussion happened in the background and no one bypassed it nor were immune to it. Long after her release they made her heavy Charge apply a debuff rather than a passive effect.

So why did this suddenly also not take away her evasion from champs/nodes that were immune to the debuff? Likely because they would not drastically alter her core function a year after release, they couldn’t take away her heavy evade against debuff and AAR reduction champions because she was designed to evade while charging a heavy attack.

TL;dr Quake was designed to evade basic attacks while charging a heavy attack and due to updates to concussion and how she applies it Kabam never reconciled her description after making changes to concussion.
    Really? Then why was AA changed a year after he was released? Why was MS changed after so long? You cannot just pick and choose what you think is correct. Either the champion have to function according to the abilities listed or change the description. I think Kabam missed the mark here. Remember that they tried to change how Medusa functioned too after Aarkus was introduced.So, I don't see why they would leave Quake the same. I would really like someone from Kabam answer this.
    @CoatHang3r I would like to see where you get this concussion happening in the back ground stuff because I was not playing when she was introduced. I will try to search the original spotlight if that is possible.
    edited September 2020
    Well she was my first 4* r5 science champion that I got from her first introduction to the arena. Used her quite a bit back then.

You’ll have to ask Kabam about AA, my guess is that was the only was they could come up with to Fix him bypassing stun immunity at the time. MS still remains unchanged unless they didn’t include it in the patch notes; Doubt you’d be able to argue that a character designed to life steal based on damage done can heal when no damage is done.

I would argue they didn’t try to change medusa but that medusa was an unforeseen change when Aarkus was introduced.

P.S. notice her heavy isn’t associated with an icon or callout https://youtu.be/9-N35QDA6CA
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    If the "bug" helps your quake to get through content, why do you care?
    edited September 2020

Well she was my first 4* r5 science champion that I got from her first introduction to the arena. Used her quite a bit back then.

You’ll have to ask Kabam about AA, my guess is that was the only was they could come up with to Fix him bypassing stun immunity at the time. MS still remains unchanged unless they didn’t include it in the patch notes; Doubt you’d be able to argue that a character designed to life steal based on damage done can heal when no damage is done.

I would argue they didn’t try to change medusa but that medusa was an unforeseen change when Aarkus was introduced.

P.S. notice her heavy isn’t associated with an icon or callout https://youtu.be/9-N35QDA6CA

@CoatHang3r Interesting video. I also noticed that she ends her heavy immediately if the concussion is not active. What I mean is, now you are able to evade and parry or evade and dex. In that video, I saw that when opponent charges at you, she ends the heavy attack after the evade making it impossible for you to Quake and Bake or Quake and shake if the defender is not under concussion.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

You are probably just too slow rotating back to heavy, no bugs at all, just your manual input is too slow.

No, diablo has a force of will node so he is immune to concussion. This is not related to manual input.
    This is related to how she interacts.
    force of will doesnt prevent it mate, I quake force of will, debuff immune AAR immunity champs all the time
    That is what I am talking about.
    According to her abilities description she should not be able to do these fights,but she does.

You can see in the pics that immune procs up so he is immune to concussion.
    That's why concussion is not showing up.
    If a character is bleed immune, then if bleed happens at the start of a fight.It doesn't mean that bleed is active.
    This is the latter one so no bubble is bursted
    This is not about nerfing her.
    They can also change her description.
    I honestly don't understand why these guys are getting upset. If Kabam has no plans to change her, there is no need to worry at all. If by some miracle they fix her description, no one has anything to lose. I am surprised that no one from the mods have commented on this. I am not going to file it under bugs section anyway, just curious about the discrepancy.
    Yeah man they are like "that's my quake"
    If you can catch the reference here
    Either they know it is a bug and are scared that Kabam will fix it, or they don't believe Kabam when they say they won't change it. lol.
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

I was not replying to you.
    I quoted the petty remark made by a troll.
    Troll? Really? Guess that's the extent of your maturity.Attacking me personally does not affect me and only looks bad on you. I don't care either way if they change her or not . Sharing a screenshot actually proves nothing. Share a forum post where you took the screenshot from or I will wait for @Kabam Miike to answer this, since it is his name on the screen shot
    What do you mean screenshot proves nothing? It explicitly proves that Kabam has no plans to change quake and that she's working as intended. The only "benefit" form this conversation is them changing the text. They'll probably do it in a couple of years like they did Kamala.
    Screen shots can be faked. That is why I asked for a link to a forum thread. They probably will change the text. The benefit is it will stop threads like this and clear the air so to speak. Guess that is too much to ask.
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

I was not replying to you.
    I quoted the petty remark made by a troll.
    Troll? Really? Guess that's the extent of your maturity.Attacking me personally does not affect me and only looks bad on you. I don't care either way if they change her or not . Sharing a screenshot actually proves nothing. Share a forum post where you took the screenshot from or I will wait for @Kabam Miike to answer this, since it is his name on the screen shot
    What do you mean screenshot proves nothing? It explicitly proves that Kabam has no plans to change quake and that she's working as intended. The only "benefit" form this conversation is them changing the text. They'll probably do it in a couple of years like they did Kamala.
    Screen shots can be faked. That is why I asked for a link to a forum thread. They probably will change the text. The benefit is it will stop threads like this and clear the air so to speak. Guess that is too much to ask.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1184482

It's easy enough to confirm. Just check the date on the post and check miikes post history
    They just asked if they were nerfing her.
    This has nothing to do with my post