**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake evade bug?

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

According to you all the champs should be left alone but kabam touches each and every good champ and tries to nerf them

Really? Lots of good champs in the game. They are even buffing some. Guess they aren't trying hard enough.
    People always try to improve man.Thats what they are doing.I give them kudos for that
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

This is the latter one so no bubble is bursted

I was not replying to you.
    I quoted the petty remark made by a troll.
    Troll? Really? Guess that's the extent of your maturity.Attacking me personally does not affect me and only looks bad on you. I don't care either way if they change her or not . Sharing a screenshot actually proves nothing. Share a forum post where you took the screenshot from or I will wait for @Kabam Miike to answer this, since it is his name on the screen shot
    What do you mean screenshot proves nothing? It explicitly proves that Kabam has no plans to change quake and that she's working as intended. The only "benefit" form this conversation is them changing the text. They'll probably do it in a couple of years like they did Kamala.
    Screen shots can be faked. That is why I asked for a link to a forum thread. They probably will change the text. The benefit is it will stop threads like this and clear the air so to speak. Guess that is too much to ask.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1184482

It's easy enough to confirm. Just check the date on the post and check miikes post history
    Nothing to do with what is being discussed, see why I asked for a link to the post?.
    I think we are deviating too much from the original post. This has nothing to do with nerfing her or changing Quake in any way. Is the interaction with concussion and evade working as intended was the question. Thus far, no one has proved that the interaction is intended.
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

I think we are deviating too much from the original post. This has nothing to do with nerfing her or changing Quake in any way. Is the interaction with concussion and evade working as intended was the question. Thus far, no one has proved that the interaction is intended.

Jesus, how thick are you? Miike literally says they won't change her. THAT MEANS SHE'S WORKING AS INTENDED
    I don't see the need for insults. He replied to a post asking if she was going to be nerfed. He even replied saying there is no plan to re balance her. Nothing about fixing a bug if she was bugged or change description if required. Remember Domino and Guardian?. You guys are so intended on making sure kabam does not touch her, you are ignoring the OP's question. Why did she evade when there was no concussion?
    Guardian and domino change was a result of recent events. Three answer to OPs question is simple. They didn't add the text. " Quake evades all basic attacks when charging a heavy". It had been this way for years. They know how she works, we know how she works, nothing's changing.

And it's not the first time. Handle had the issue and they only added in this patch
    I can counter that easily. But, as per the wishes of my alliance mates who love quake too much, I am stopping my part here. I still hope we get a clarity, but seems a waste of time to pursue it. Thank you :wink:
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Imagine if this post was brought into the thread. 2 years old ;) It was challenged by the same arguments made in this thread about Quake’s evade being grandfathered in and nothing ever changed. Ya’ll have fun with this one.

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we are still working on getting all of these issues resolved.

Chicken wrote: »

ISHLORD wrote: »

Quake is badly broken. I was playing Dungeon and Quests and She is supposed to autoevade first hit while she is charging. But now while holding heavy charge enemy hits us and we donot auto evade.

You do know that for Quake to autoevade her opponent must first have a concussion? Her #2 special has a 100% chance to give her opponent a concussion while charging her heavy attack only has a small percentage chance of giving a concussion. It is best to use the #2 special first, to induce concussion, then use the heavy attack charge to cause damage and keep the concussion active. As to her aftershock stun it is similar to using "Parry". Some opponents have a higher resistance to being stunned then others and some come out of it faster then others, especially if the summoner has put "Mastery" points into the ability to shorten stun effects. It would be helpful to know what dungon lvl you were on or, if not in dungons, what quest, event, AW, or AQ you were on, as well as what champ you were fighting as well as node you were on if applicable.

She doesn’t have to have concussion on the opponent to evade when charging a heavy. She is supposed to evade the first hit when charging heavy. It doesn’t matter if the opponent has a concussion on them or not

I also wanted to provide some clarification on this. Quake does need to have a Concussion on the opponent in order to evade their basic attacks.

If you look at the description of her abilities, charging her heavy does not innately allow her to evade the next attack. However, it does inflict a Concussion debuff on her opponent while she is charging her heavy. One of her other abilities is that she evades basic attacks against opponents with a Concussion.

In most cases, this doesn't really make much of a difference but certain circumstances (like an opponent being debuff immune or Quake's ability accuracy being reduced) could prevent her from placing a Concussion on the opponent, which would prevent her from being able to evade basic attacks, even while charging her heavy. Just something for everyone to keep in mind while using and fighting Quake.

Situations like this are also part of the reason why we try to ask for as many details as we can about where an issue occured, what champions were involved, and what nodes were at play. An opponent like Agent Venom or a node that gives debuff immunity could keep Quake from inflicting the Concussions she needs to evade, but being able to confirm which nodes/opponents were involved lets us rule out other possibilities and get to the root of an issue faster.
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Jesus, how thick are you? Miike literally says they won't change her. THAT MEANS SHE'S WORKING AS INTENDED
    I don't see the need for insults. He replied to a post asking if she was going to be nerfed. He even replied saying there is no plan to re balance her. Nothing about fixing a bug if she was bugged or change description if required. Remember Domino and Guardian?. You guys are so intended on making sure kabam does not touch her, you are ignoring the OP's question. Why did she evade when there was no concussion?
    Guardian and domino change was a result of recent events. Three answer to OPs question is simple. They didn't add the text. " Quake evades all basic attacks when charging a heavy". It had been this way for years. They know how she works, we know how she works, nothing's changing.

And it's not the first time. Handle had the issue and they only added in this patch
    I can counter that easily. But, as per the wishes of my alliance mates who love quake too much, I am stopping my part here. I still hope we get a clarity, but seems a waste of time to pursue it. Thank you :wink:
    OH NO!! Please don't bring this to the attention of Kabam who had clearly not seen quake evade against enemies without concussion for the past years.

Thank goodness you're stopping. Else quake would've been nerfed to the ground.
    @Kabam Miike please don't read this thread and nerf the unknown champion who is 100% bugged
    Funny. You seem intent on provoking people for no reason. I never said quake is bugged, I just wanted a clarity in description. Kabam choose to ignore what is not actually posted in forums. They have also said a champion is working as intended and then turned around and changed the same champion.
    Even @Kabam Zibiit says that she needs a concussion on the opponents to evade.

Imagine if this post was brought into the thread. 2 years old ;) It was challenged by the same arguments made in this thread about Quake’s evade being grandfathered in and nothing ever changed. Ya’ll have fun with this one.

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we are still working on getting all of these issues resolved.

Quake is badly broken. I was playing Dungeon and Quests and She is supposed to autoevade first hit while she is charging. But now while holding heavy charge enemy hits us and we donot auto evade.

You do know that for Quake to autoevade her opponent must first have a concussion? Her #2 special has a 100% chance to give her opponent a concussion while charging her heavy attack only has a small percentage chance of giving a concussion. It is best to use the #2 special first, to induce concussion, then use the heavy attack charge to cause damage and keep the concussion active. As to her aftershock stun it is similar to using "Parry". Some opponents have a higher resistance to being stunned then others and some come out of it faster then others, especially if the summoner has put "Mastery" points into the ability to shorten stun effects. It would be helpful to know what dungon lvl you were on or, if not in dungons, what quest, event, AW, or AQ you were on, as well as what champ you were fighting as well as node you were on if applicable.

She doesn’t have to have concussion on the opponent to evade when charging a heavy. She is supposed to evade the first hit when charging heavy. It doesn’t matter if the opponent has a concussion on them or not

I also wanted to provide some clarification on this. Quake does need to have a Concussion on the opponent in order to evade their basic attacks.

If you look at the description of her abilities, charging her heavy does not innately allow her to evade the next attack. However, it does inflict a Concussion debuff on her opponent while she is charging her heavy. One of her other abilities is that she evades basic attacks against opponents with a Concussion.

In most cases, this doesn't really make much of a difference but certain circumstances (like an opponent being debuff immune or Quake's ability accuracy being reduced) could prevent her from placing a Concussion on the opponent, which would prevent her from being able to evade basic attacks, even while charging her heavy. Just something for everyone to keep in mind while using and fighting Quake.

Situations like this are also part of the reason why we try to ask for as many details as we can about where an issue occured, what champions were involved, and what nodes were at play. An opponent like Agent Venom or a node that gives debuff immunity could keep Quake from inflicting the Concussions she needs to evade, but being able to confirm which nodes/opponents were involved lets us rule out other possibilities and get to the root of an issue faster.

You just added fuel to the fire mate. The post states exactly what we have been arguing. He says the exact same thing, Debuff immune and if concussion is prevented, she will not evade.
    edited September 2020
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

You just added fuel to the fire mate. The post states exactly what we have been arguing. He says the exact same thing, Debuff immune and if concussion is prevented, she will not evade.

You missed the point." From 2 years back." This means that they are aware what is happening and still decided to leave her as be. What more clarity do you want?

This keeps getting better and better. The trailing post on that thread is exactly the opposite of what happened to the OP. That guy had quake fail to evade when charging heavy. The reply from @Kabam Zibiit is in bright orange saying that she cannot evade if concussion is not active. How did you get that Kabam is aware that she can evade even without concussion from that? I am genuinely curious.
    Yes Kabam is not aware of this interaction.
    force of will node on diablo was to counter quake but she is evading without having concussion
    But it should counter quake too
    HI_guys said:

But it doesn't
    So, its a bug.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

You missed the point." From 2 years back." This means that they are aware what is happening and still decided to leave her as be. What more clarity do you want?

This keeps getting better and better. The trailing post on that thread is exactly the opposite of what happened to the OP. That guy had quake fail to evade when charging heavy. The reply from @Kabam Zibiit is in bright orange saying that she cannot evade if concussion is not active. How did you get that Kabam is aware that she can evade even without concussion from that? I am genuinely curious.

Do you think Kabam have not seen videos, posts, pictures of people cheesing all these debuff-immune, force of will nodes, etc. with Quake ? In the post kabam Zibiit says that concussion needs to be on the opponent to evade and yet 2 years later they have not changed anything. So, unless the entire company got amnesia and forgot about it and are happily ignoring all the threads and videos of Quake doing all this stuff, I would say they have decided to ignore this and add it as a part of her base abilities.

I do agree that her description should then be updated.
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

But it doesn't
    So, its a bug.
    So you're saying quake is bugged then
    No, you are saying that. Read his statement and your answer and come to the conclusion yourself.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

But it doesn't
    So, its a bug.
    No, you are saying that. Read his statement and your answer and come to the conclusion yourself.
    But you just typed it out

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Do you think Kabam have not seen videos, posts, pictures of people cheesing all these debuff-immune, force of will nodes, etc. with Quake ? In the post kabam Zibiit says that concussion needs to be on the opponent to evade and yet 2 years later they have not changed anything. So, unless the entire company got amnesia and forgot about it and are happily ignoring all the threads and videos of Quake doing all this stuff, I would say they have decided to ignore this and add it as a part of her base abilities.

I do agree that her description should then be updated.

Thank you, that is exactly what I want. But, Kabam should confirm the same either way.

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

But it doesn't
    So, its a bug.
    I came to the logical conclusion from his statement. The node is supposed to stop quake, it doesn't. So, either the node is bugged or Quake is bugged. Tell me which one?
    But she can even do evading against emma frost and archangel.
    So the problem is on quake's side.
  • RRK173RRK173 Posts: 84
    Bug or its simply how she works....She always apply a concussion debuff when charging heavy and concussion debuff doesnt show up or apply when fighting debuff immune or champs who are immune to concussion or ability accuracy reduction.Nonetheless,she always evades while charging heavy attacks.
    On the bottom note the least thing the community want is a nerf for Quake...So correcting her description is the best thing to do.But,ignoring this whole thing all together is even better.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

You are probably just too slow rotating back to heavy, no bugs at all, just your manual input is too slow.

No, diablo has a force of will node so he is immune to concussion. This is not related to manual input.
    This is related to how she interacts.
    force of will doesnt prevent it mate, I quake force of will, debuff immune AAR immunity champs all the time
    That is what I am talking about.
    According to her abilities description she should not be able to do these fights,but she does.
    Descriptions lie, get used to it her basic function as a champion was to charge heavy and evade any basic attack unless prevented by evade counters or forms of aar (agent venom, assassins mastery etc) This goes back when All icons looked the same, if kabam were to change something they already would have.

You are probably just too slow rotating back to heavy, no bugs at all, just your manual input is too slow.

No, diablo has a force of will node so he is immune to concussion. This is not related to manual input.
    This is related to how she interacts.
    force of will doesnt prevent it mate, I quake force of will, debuff immune AAR immunity champs all the time
    That is what I am talking about.
    According to her abilities description she should not be able to do these fights,but she does.
    Descriptions lie, get used to it her basic function as a champion was to charge heavy and evade any basic attack unless prevented by evade counters or forms of aar (agent venom, assassins mastery etc) This goes back when All icons looked the same, if kabam were to change something they already would have.
    I think you know how long Kamala Khan had the ability to remove all buffs before they corrected the description. It does not make sense to say descriptions lie because that is how we know what a champ does. A game where the description said one thing and did another thing would be chaotic.
    Bunch of comments deleted and moved to Bugs section? What happened?
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

But it doesn't
    So, its a bug.
    I came to the logical conclusion from his statement. The node is supposed to stop quake, it doesn't. So, either the node is bugged or Quake is bugged. Tell me which one?
    Neither is bugged. It's just lack of clarity in the description
    There is no lack of clarity in the description.
    The description is wrong about how her evade works.