**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is it me or did the alter ai....again...

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I over the last several arenas have done very well usually stringing together 100-125 wins and missing the cutoff for the champions but getting all my crystals.

However this arena the 3-4* arena I'm seeing the game is playing differently. First off the computer is not using special 1,2 and very rarely am I able to bait it to do so. Also the energy bar of the computer is filling much faster I'd say 50-65% faster, as well as the computer matches the computer is having 30-40% higher rated openent rating.

Put those three things together and three times now o can't get past 11 wins. The last three or four arenas I didn't loose once in 2-3* or 3-4* totaling about 250 each time the arena resets.

Finding it annoying as all heck.

Also to make matters worse it's nightcrawle, gwenpool, voodoo, etc...

Does anyone else feel that something is different since this latest arena came out?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    We've not made any changes to the AI, can confirm this.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »

Well that doesn't mean a bug can't cause the AI to act odd and it has been the case for a long while now anyway, intercepting has increased in the AI. But when it comes to Arena in particular I'd say from streak 1-20 the AI is "dumber" and they tend to save for SP3 more so than after streak 20. The AI also moves VERY differently at streak 1-20.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    Saiyan wrote: »

Well that doesn't mean a bug can't cause the AI to act odd and it has been the case for a long while now anyway, intercepting has increased in the AI. But when it comes to Arena in particular I'd say from streak 1-20 the AI is "dumber" and they tend to save for SP3 more so than after streak 20. The AI also moves VERY differently at streak 1-20.
    I agree sometimes it's harder then infinite streaks because it's unpredictable. You wait forever and they stand there them you go in and they start a combo. Not as aggressive in first 20

• Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    No difference here. Ai is still the same
    gi09gh2g59pj.png

Please tell me if you got wolverine I stopped there at 1.6 and missed him.
    I didn't want OML. Got the 11-25% shards as expected.

• RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    25mil for a 4*, damn overshot much?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Something's different? Perhaps it's not the ai. Something is different on my end. It might not be the best ai. But it's something different.

You always complain about the AI!
  • Stara99 wrote: »
    gi09gh2g59pj.png

A lot of time on your hands, eh?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Best to use your power drainers from 10-15 those fights are bad at using specials, have been for months
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    gi09gh2g59pj.png
    Sorry you had an off-day. Lmao. Seriously, though. Nice Grind.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    gi09gh2g59pj.png

That's just...wow. The last time I grinded my hardest, it was slightly higher than 12m with a 564 win streak (since most of my champs were 4* R3 or maxed 3*). That was already pretty tiring, so seeing a 745 streak...sheesh, I can imagine and at the same time, I cannot imagine.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    I have a question... how is a 745 win streak even possible? A streak of 745 is 2,235 fights. There are 4,320 minutes in 3 days. 4,320 ÷ 2,235 = 1.93

That's 1 fight every 1.91 minutes (after subtracting the 44 minutes that were left when the picture was taken) without stopping to eat or sleep for 72 hours straight. If you factor in sleeping for a minimum of 6 hours each night, you get 1 fight every 1.43 minutes for 54 hours straight.

1 fight every minute and a half for 3 days without stopping?
  • AxeCopFire wrote: »
    I have a question... how is a 745 win streak even possible? A streak of 745 is 2,235 fights. There are 4,320 minutes in 3 days. 4,320 ÷ 2,235 = 1.93

That's 1 fight every 1.91 minutes (after subtracting the 44 minutes that were left when the picture was taken) without stopping to eat or sleep for 72 hours straight. If you factor in sleeping for a minimum of 6 hours each night, you get 1 fight every 1.43 minutes for 54 hours straight.

Troubling.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    It's about 30 fights, or 10 rounds an hour. Without sleep. At 12 hours a day it's an average of 20 or so rounds an hour. That's completely doable.. but not encouraged!
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

Bots
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The main thing that seems to be different to me is baiting seems to be harder since the last update. It is not just baiting out an L1 or L2 that seems more difficult. I see the AI sitting on an L3 and letting me KO them. It's strange.
    edited September 2017
    Not sure how long it takes you, but I can finish a whole round (3 fights) on an iOS device in less than 75 seconds. Which means getting to 745 fights would take less than 16 hours of fighting time. That's a lot, for sure, but you could even manage a few hours of sleep and still get it done. Plus, with a big enough roster, or enough units to eliminate cool down time, and it's really not that bad. I mean, I wouldn't do it, but it's definitely possible.

Well you definitely can't do that on Android.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    745 rounds x 75 seconds per round = 55875 seconds total.
    55875 / 3600 (60 seconds per minute x 60 minutes per hour) = 15.52 hours.
    3 fights, plus loading, plus character selection in just over 1 minute isn't possible on Android. Even 3 super easy fights plus character selection, plus loading takes over 2 minutes. Further proof that Android players are forced to play with a severe handicap
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    3 fights, plus loading, plus character selection in just over 1 minute isn't possible on Android. Even 3 super easy fights plus character selection, plus loading takes over 2 minutes. Further proof that Android players are forced to play with a severe handicap

Nobody is forced to do anything
  • Joe77Joe77 Posts: 38
    Stara why in the world would you put forth that time/effort/resources for a 4*?????
  • Xcrøss_TRXcrøss_TR Posts: 142
    I AM HUNGRY !