**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you want alliance arenas to come back?

Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Posts: 147
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
For those who don't know, Alliance arenas were arenas found alongside normal arenas. And they were pretty much the same, save for the fact that your entire alliance was working to earn points for a featured champion at a 100 million point milestone (about 3.4 mil doesn't sound so bad nowadays, does it?) This was early on in the game, around late May to August 2015. The last champion that was featured in an Alliance arena was Yellowjacket.

Do you want alliance arenas to come back? 208 votes

Yes.
80%
tlhRotmgmoddyStara99Jiggycg999Tobin14Vdh2008EbbtideCakedaddyRektorCrys23BigPoppaCBONEGulsumbisuperunknown012StavelotXoteSnakeEyes69CableSirnoobHarada78DunaRandomlyGenerated 168 votes
No.
19%
DaMunkDL864Scotty2hotty33_RB6942BigMoKronos987654321GbSarkarDrOctavius2_2Noob_2yrsRbvojtikPry22TheLazyKingxtremegamerxNigSaiyanColvin35Agent_007Wil6541INTEGRALAxeCopFire 40 votes

Comments

• EDIT: Title. Keep in mind that there would obviously have to be some changes (be they minor or major) to adjust for time. It's been over two years since these have run, and the game team hasn't looked back.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Yes.
    It would be something different to me, so why not?
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Yes.
    I voted yes on the last poll on it and I'll vote yes again. These arenas were a great way back in the initial days of the contest to build friendships and promote teamwork within the alliance. I would love to see it tried again.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Yes.
    Yes man. It was such a good thing for the alliance to work together with. If it were added now than yeah we'd see better rewards. But this would be so sick to come back again. I don't see why Kabam wouldn't bring it back? And of course there will be people who will use units to get to the top, but hey its allowed. Maybe they can make a milestone with a reward being a certain 4* or a nice amount of 5* shards or something like that. And the rank rewards should give good stuff too.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Yes.
    Surprised this thread has died out. I actually miss these arenas. I've thought about posting a thread on it before, and now that someone has, it's kinda flown under the radar. These arenas promoted activity from alliances, and the rewards were worth it. It promoted activity and even spending on champion refreshes. I don't see why they wouldn't do it. It'd be fun, and people would spend a bit. Seems like a no-brainer.
  • Phantom wrote: »
    Surprised this thread has died out. I actually miss these arenas. I've thought about posting a thread on it before, and now that someone has, it's kinda flown under the radar. These arenas promoted activity from alliances, and the rewards were worth it. It promoted activity and even spending on champion refreshes. I don't see why they wouldn't do it. It'd be fun, and people would spend a bit. Seems like a no-brainer.

Yeah, if Kabam wants to calm the recently generally irate player base by introducing more content, this is that way to go.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Yes.
    Phantom wrote: »

Yeah, if Kabam wants to calm the recently generally irate player base by introducing more content, this is that way to go.
    It could be a nice way to reinvigorate arenas too with people quitting the arena grinding due to 6*s
    edited September 2017
    Yes.
    IMO they were cool but divided alliances up fast. Not everyone has time to grind like you need to for arena

It really didn't, if you're forced to grind the arena than you are in the wrong alliance lol. They should understand that life comes first. It's been like over a year now since that happened, everything would be different now.
  • Why not? The only playable or should I honestly say active events are AQ/AW. That’s it. Something has to give. These two aspects of the game has been meh. Nothing new. Oh they made an new war design, oh they added and extra path in section 2 of map 5. Oh they switch up bosses on AQ, Oh we get to fight 5 mini bosses in war now. Please, it would be better if they made an campaign where alliances complete missions with all 30 people for rank up material or heroes. Something that would make people want to play this game. Right now AQ/AW is a one set track.
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    IMO they were cool but divided alliances up fast. Not everyone has time to grind like you need to for arena

Agreed
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Yes.
    That sounds like so much fun! I didn’t start playing around Xmas of 2015 so I never had the pleasure of playing it!
  • Why not? The only playable or should I honestly say active events are AQ/AW. That’s it. Something has to give. These two aspects of the game has been meh. Nothing new. Oh they made an new war design, oh they added and extra path in section 2 of map 5. Oh they switch up bosses on AQ, Oh we get to fight 5 mini bosses in war now. Please, it would be better if they made an campaign where alliances complete missions with all 30 people for rank up material or heroes. Something that would make people want to play this game. Right now AQ/AW is a one set track.

AQ still has its moments, but I have to agree with you on the fact that AW is currently a garbage fire.
  • INTEGRAL wrote: »
    No because of majority uses arena bot. Especially almost every Turkish and Russian players do 15 m every arena. 19 out of top 20 in arena events are Turkish alliances. 40 out of 50 from Turkish alliances

That's the first time I've seen cheating allegations here in a while.
  • Yes.
    Check out my post on alliance arenas. There’s proof they might be returning
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Yes.
    I say yes, only because I have never taken one seriously back when it was around. When I first joined the game, alliance arenas were still a thing, but because my roster was so small I didn't really competitively play it.

Now, I wouldn't mind trying it out if it ever came back.
  • Yes.
    If it does ever happen, it's just that a lot has to go into it to make it fair. Like regions, ranks of alliances, and so on, because it'll just suck if the top alliance wins every champ and so other alliances put in effort for nothing. Then it'll help newer players get more champs and into the game more.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Not bad, but no any alliance have 30 grinders.
    Even in my best alliance just (maybe) max 8 dudes were grinding.

Yep, it's easy to say you should move to the right alliance, but hard in real world.
    Plus, add you should find 30 grinders and dedicated AW/AQ players too and etc.
  • Check out my post on alliance arenas. There’s proof they might be returning

Link it here?
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Yes.
    Check out my post on alliance arenas. There’s proof they might be returning

Link it here?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23504/alliance-arena#latest
    Yes.
    @I_am_Groot you're not forced to grind man.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    That is my problem, the others 29 will be not forced to grind.
  • I_am_Groot wrote: »
    That is my problem, the others 29 will be not forced to grind.

If you don't trust anyone else in your alliance to at least help work towards this, it sounds like you need a better alliance.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    No.
    No. This game takes enough of my time now. Anymore things to do, and I'll have to quit my job to do them.
    Yes.
    @unknown you're not being forced to grind smart one. You do what you can, with what you can. If you're being threatened with a kick for not doing anything in the alliance arena, then you should leave lol

• FabiFabi Posts: 64
    No.
    Too much use Arena bots