**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

I Pulled Proxima, Is She Any Good?

I've heard that she's pretty good from some people, but others say that she isn't as good as everyone says. Is she good, and if so, how do you use her effectively?

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    im pretty sure you just do all her missions for the prowess buffs and then use the sp3. also i think she needs awakened ability, this is just what i heard i dont actually have her
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

im pretty sure you just do all her missions for the prowess buffs and then use the sp3. also i think she needs awakened ability, this is just what i heard i dont actually have her

she doesn't need it, but it certainly helps in longer fights if you need a butt load of damage.

she takes a bit to ramp up, but she will get insane damage on specials after it
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Nah I got her too and asked the same question. Look at that post. :( srry man
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    She’s good... one of those champions who can really help a progressing player, though you’ll probably find yourself using her less as your roster grows

Aside from what others have mentioned, her True Accuracy can come in real handy vs auto-block and evade characters. And she can parry / stun non-contact attacks, which is pretty cool B)
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    She’s quite an underrated champion. Can parry projectiles, have 200% AAR deduction on her parries, good heal block, True Accuracy plus a boatload if damage if you can intercept.

If I awakened my 6* I would R3 her
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    She was my first 6* pull a week or so ago. She's definitely not as straight forward as just smashing imaginary buttons on the screen. Like othersmentioned she can parry those that can be tricky too otherwise (Domino, Iron Man IW, Black Panther CW, etc). Knowing her missions and completing one or two of them (or even all three) makes it kind of fun to play. I'd recommend watching some videos on her. I think Jason Voorhees was one that I got a lot from.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,406 ★★★★
    She's very tricky because you have to understand her 3 (4 if awakened) missions and how to work with them.

She has a lot of utility though, particularly ability to parry normally unparry-able attacks (e.g. Iron Man Infinity War) and a renewable True Strike.

She also provides a great synergy to Corvus Glaive.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    She can block a lot more than just the tricky 'short range projectile attacks'. You'll find that CMM can't inflict armour break through block, Yondu can't inflict bleed through block... There's quite a few champs this will help for!
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    She's very good but there are very few, if any, places in the game where her true power can be utilized
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

I've heard that she's pretty good from some people, but others say that she isn't as good as everyone says. Is she good, and if so, how do you use her effectively?

I have her at r4 and love using her particularly against aggressive opponents because it's so much easier to backdraft and complete the intercept mission and the sp3 with even just two prowess charges pretty much ends fights in act 5, which I'm currently exploring
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Oh, I forgot her synergy with corvus, which makes corvus an evade counter
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    She’s going to be more popular once Apocalypse goes into crystals.