**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* Max Sig Dupes: Lets Have a Discussion

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So really, is there anything more deflating than dropping 10 or 15K shards for a 6*, only to get max sig dupe that literally means you wasted all those hard earned shards? I know in the past we had the same issue when 5*s were the top rarity, but a bad precedence doesn't mean it should simply stay the norm.

I honestly think a max sig 6* dupe should simply result in another 6* crystal being granted. Obviously that's a pipe dream, but I don't think it's unreasonable considering how hard it still is to accrue that many shards.

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

It's an honest question to discuss. Maybe generic sig stones for 6star? 10? 15? No need for the full 20. But something could be reasonable. Or, make it the class that your champ was from?

I could totally get behind this
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    They didn't have a redo or generic sig stones when 5*s became maxed out before 6*s were introduced why should they change it now?
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    DalBot said:

Patchie93 said:

They didn't have a redo or generic sig stones when 5*s became maxed out before 6*s were introduced why should they change it now?

See my OP. Just because something was bad before doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed now. We work long and hard to get enough shards for a 6* crystal, the result should not be a punishment that carries less value than duping a 4* does.
    Yes the Iso should be upped especially since they introduced tier 6 iso. But no it shouldn't be a generic sig stone or a full reroll on the crystal.

Maybe maybe you could argue a case of like 5 or so sig stones of the specific class of the dupe.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Don’t discuss things which aren’t possible for 99.99% of in game players

I’ve got 32 6* with only 2 dupes at level20
    So either you are spending a hell lot or you are already in 2022
    DNA3000 said:

This probably falls into the category of not worth the time to address.

First of all, this would take significant time to address. Whenever someone talks about this, they talk about it like Kabam just needs to take a couple minutes and do something small. But whenever you are fiddling with rewards, especially near the top, it *never* just takes a few minutes. There is always the potential for balance issues or game economy side effects. And even though someone might think that's unlikely, you don't know until you analyze the situation very carefully. So right away this is the kind of thing that would take fifteen minutes of implementation time but weeks of internal discussion and analysis. Many different developers would have input into something like this, and if they are busy doing something else, then the amount of calendar time it would take to get this reviewed by everyone would just keep growing.

All of that now has to be weighed against the actual benefit. This affects a very small group of players. It affects them in a relatively small way most of the time, emotional disruption notwithstanding. And you are in effect giving a buff to the players that least need one, at the expense of all kinds of other buffs that would benefit a lot more players that need it more relatively speaking.

Given all of that, this is the kind of thing I think some developer at Kabam would need to seriously evangelize internally, to the point of being annoying, before they could overcome the development inertia to get this done.

I honestly wouldn't hold my breath on max sig 6* doing anything until either 6* sig stones become ubiquitous or 7* champs (or functional equivalent) get announced.

How is it giving a "buff" to some players by literally giving them something instead of nothing? As it is it's literally a punishment to high level players because they get less reward for that 6* pull than any player gets for a duped 4* (which gives the same amount of ISO and 5* shards). 6* Max Sig pulls are literally punitive because they take away any potential reward for all of that effort and that punishes the player.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I think that's only reasonable.

It is disgraceful that a 4 star dupe is actually better than a 6 star dupe because you actually get 275/550 5 star shards from duping a 4 star.

Kabam needs to make it 24 T6 iso and either 6 star shards or sig stones
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DalBot said:

Patchie93 said:

See my OP. Just because something was bad before doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed now. We work long and hard to get enough shards for a 6* crystal, the result should not be a punishment that carries less value than duping a 4* does.
    emotional disruption notwithstanding.
    lol that cracked me up
    The token disagrees without logic as to why are just making conversations pointless on here
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i'm still amazed at how people even amass 200 6* stones ... i am no where near any of that lol are they spending to get stones or what?
    zeezee57 said:

Not providing a benefit isn't the same as a punishment. I don't disagree there should be some benefit, I'd advocate for any 6* dupe to provide 6* shards just as a 5* dupe does, and a max sig 6* pull giving a max sig crystal identical to what a max sig 5* gives, expecting anything more just isn't practical. Swapping the current iso drop for a 6* dupe for the newly introduced iso would make sense but doubt its coming.

When what you get in exchange for 10,000 6* shards is quantifiably less than what you get for 2,000 4* shards, there is no valid argument that it's not punitive. You're telling the player that the effort they put in to getting those shards is worth less than getting 1/5th the shards of the rarity two levels below it. That's punitive
    Arsoz said:

Tier 6 iso

That's a start but most people with Max Sig 6* usually have a ton of ISO in reserve