**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Smart Idea for AW and AQ..... The ability to see how much energy your team has

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
I think that is ALWAYS the biggest question during AQ and AW. How much easier would it be if we could actually SEE how much energy our team has?

Right?

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    How would seeing their energy be of any usefulness?
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    Lots of ways. Know how long before a link drops. Know if someone has time to take a line before time runs out. Maybe even borrow energy from someome to get somewhere in time.
    Asking when a link is gonna drop isn't enough?

I also see a lot of problems with seeing someones energy that can cause frustrations from some players who may be questioning why their team mate isn't moving.

At a competitive level I can say we always have a good idea how much energy someone has. But heavy communication is also being used.
    If you see me with 3 energy that doesn't give you a clue when a node is coming down. I can be out running around and it could easily be 5 hours before a node comes down.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    How would seeing their energy be of any usefulness?

Firstly, the fact that it allows everyone to see how much energy you have can help them notify you when your energy is full or when you have enough energy to move and take out a node.

Secondly, it could help BG commanders better manage and match their members to the right path for maximum efficiency. If a commander can see someone has 5 energy and someone else has only 1 energy, he or she will be able to better match the person with full energy to a long path, while the person with 1 energy takes a much shorter path or gets paired with someone else.

Yes, commanders can always ask members how many energy they have, but it's troublesome because the member may not be online/active at the time of the question. With energy amount visible, commanders will be able to give out instructions almost immediately and make quicker decisions for members.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I know my officers would get on to people for having 5/5 energy outside normal sleep schedule. I know people in my alliance wouldn’t like it lol. My bg is tough on people who aren’t active
    I can see how it could be used against someone. But I definitely see the good outweighing the bad here.

Its just more useful information to make informed decisions.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I can see he good of making plans based on how much energy someone has or still needs to finish a path. I just like to play devils advocate sometimes haha
    HQ101 wrote: »
    I can see how it could be used against someone. But I definitely see the good outweighing the bad here.

Its just more useful information to make informed decisions.

This may be one of those things where we just see something differently due to being in different aspects of the game. Where Im at I see more harm than good because there isn't really any actual purpose to it in my alliance where everyone is fully active and we pretty much know each others schedules. Based on that, I think I just see it as less useful. So I can't say its a bad idea in maybe an alliance with more casual or "questionable" players. Could shed light on who's not carrying their weight in AQ. So maybe you are onto something.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I like the idea too
    I guess I am surpised how many see the negative aspects of it. We all understand people have lives, jobs, etc. in my alliance. We also well know people's schedules. Who is overseas and such.

This is merely presented as a tool to make the best decisions. If I have two players left to take one very long line with only 2 hours left in AQ, I definitely want the one with the most energy. Quite often I have to simply leave a message with one or the other because they aren't online at that point. And I've seen AQs not complete due to someone following those directions who had no energy or 1 energy.

If it would be used solely to punish people not moving, then maybe those folks need to re-evaluate their perspective on things.

And honestly, tool or no tool, I KNOW who is dead weight and never shows up anyway. I'd never even need a tool to confirm it. But I might need it to 100% a BG in a time crunch.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm going to have to agree with Rage on this one. I don't think it will help so much as add pressure on Members to move, adding tension in Allies. It's fairly easy to determine either way because we see when people move. Part of organizing a War is making sure people will be present within the 24-hour Attack Phase. It's relatively doable to complete a Map within that time, without being concerned about who is moving when. Personally, I assign Paths and we wait for each other. They all have lives, but we complete the Maps. From a strategy point of view, I would see it as more confusing than anything simply because making changes to assigned Paths based on Energy would confuse Players. There's lots of time to finish a War Map. AQ is pretty much the same. Higher Maps are more time-consuming, but it's 24 hours either way.