**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I know they match us against war ratings, but really?!

Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
My alliance:

Enemy alliance:

Sometimes I think the system can break and I believe this might be one of those times.Its a guaranteed loss for us and a guaranteed win for them...

Comments

• RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    His problem is the alliance rating probably 😁
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    My 16 mill ally got matched with a 31 mill one for this war.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

His problem is the alliance rating probably 😁

oh i didn't even look at that haha
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

So tired of these lame excuses as to why this bs is fair! We are facing a one man alliance this round after sitting out the last three wars! This system does not work! And you can keep making excuses for why it's okay but the fact is it isn't!
    Now! Go ahead and hit the disagree then go back into your game and beat down some alliance that is smaller than you, collect your easily gained victory! But quit making excuses for this garbage excuse of a matchmaking system! And trying to argue that it is fair!

my current matchup:

to try to show that I'm not benefitting from this new matchmaking either, considering it's one of the easier matchups we've had this season

it's definitely fairer than the old one, which had even more manipulation and unfair matchups and rankings.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I haven’t done an AW in a long long time. Are the rewards good enough for an alliance of average players to endure the headaches, bugs, and having 8 champs constantly locked up?
    edited September 2020

I haven’t done an AW in a long long time. Are the rewards good enough for an alliance of average players to endure the headaches, bugs, and having 8 champs constantly locked up?

nope! unless you're at the top, where coordination is very good and you take like five fights a war. and where the rewards are worth it
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Going against an ally that hadn’t done War in 4 seasons (Season 15, Bronze 1). So either was a former shell, or they commandeered a dead ally or resurrected one.

In those cases I will say that Kabam actually should look at doing something to “initially” place NEW or REVIVED alliances into a more appropriate starting WAR RATING (or throughout a season to manually keep adjusting them higher as the alliance starts to fill out to a full roster with obviously higher rated people than had been in there before).

But otherwise, for established alliances, the system now is what is in place.

Still have to figure out whether it is fair that this new alliance should immediately earn better rewards compared to starting from zero and working to get them.
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67

Matanacos said:

You’re silver. They are bronze.... earn your badges.

Last matchmaking allowed puny alliances to climb where they did not belong.

This will even the playing field and show you your place

Show them their place? You think they deserve to be punished for playing War the same as anyone else?
    If a 28 Mil is in Bronze 1, then there should be measures in place preventing them from steamrolling Alliances. We're talking about an 8 Mil in S3, not an 8 Mil in Master.

Matanacos said:

Show them their place? You think they deserve to be punished for playing War the same as anyone else?
    If a 28 Mil is in Bronze 1, then there should be measures in place preventing them from steamrolling Alliances. We're talking about an 8 Mil in S3, not an 8 Mil in Master.
    They didn’t deserve Silver to begin with
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Going against an ally that hadn’t done War in 4 seasons (Season 15, Bronze 1). So either was a former shell, or they commandeered a dead ally or resurrected one.

In those cases I will say that Kabam actually should look at doing something to “initially” place NEW or REVIVED alliances into a more appropriate starting WAR RATING (or throughout a season to manually keep adjusting them higher as the alliance starts to fill out to a full roster with obviously higher rated people than had been in there before).

Still have to figure out whether it is fair that this new alliance should immediately earn better rewards compared to starting from zero and working to get them.
    I wouldn't say Rewards immediately increased based on their size, but there should definitely be a starting point regulator that prevents Matches from being insanely varied, up to a certain threshold. In general actually, but that's a separate topic. In this case, this is the most problematic scenario where Alliances starting out or fairly low on the spectrum end up being Matched disproportionately. As much as people think it's fair by default because the War Ratings are the same, it's not a fair fight.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    I feel yoir pain bra, were in the second war in a row where our opponents alliance prestige is over 3K higher than ours..With this system we just got handed 2 losses by nothing of our own fault.
    This kind of thing was supposed to be not happening by now..but here we are, almost finished with the second season of going by war ratings and its still this lopsided.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

We don’t deserve silver because our 4/55s and 3/55s can’t fight well against 5/65s and 2/35s? That’s a dumb excuse.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    ABOMB said:

I feel yoir pain bra, were in the second war in a row where our opponents alliance prestige is over 3K higher than ours..With this system we just got handed 2 losses by nothing of our own fault.
    This kind of thing was supposed to be not happening by now..but here we are, almost finished with the second season of going by war ratings and its still this lopsided.

I mean just shows how broken the old system was that it's taking this long to balance things out
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    edited September 2020

Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

We don’t deserve silver because our 4/55s and 3/55s can’t fight well against 5/65s and 2/35s? That’s a dumb excuse.
    It is not an excuse. It is a fact. You’re on a tier you can’t fight.

Now you’ll say ROL should be doable with 4*?

Earn your spot
    Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Earn your spot
    it is doable with 4* but I get your point lol
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Rap said:

So tired of these lame excuses as to why this bs is fair! We are facing a one man alliance this round after sitting out the last three wars! This system does not work! And you can keep making excuses for why it's okay but the fact is it isn't!
    Now! Go ahead and hit the disagree then go back into your game and beat down some alliance that is smaller than you, collect your easily gained victory! But quit making excuses for this garbage excuse of a matchmaking system! And trying to argue that it is fair!

is it fair that i can select the attackers for my 4 accounts in the same alliance after reviewing the defense and identifying which routes I'll be taking and have the boss down by myself within 10 hrs of attack phase starting? whos to say...
    Looks like I should grow another account. :D

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Matanacos said:

Earn your spot
    I’m talking about silver 3. I don’t expect silver 1 or even silver 2. And I cleared ROL with a R3 5* Domino and used a 3* gully to kill Wolverine. I even have some gameplay of using a 2* starlord to kill ROL winter Solider. It’s obvious that this ali is a ali that took a break between seasons and decided to go back in. Which I think is someothing that should be changed to give Ali’s a chance at even having fun in war. P.s. also beat LOL so before you assume actually check my posts.🙂
    Edit: Also “Earn your Spot” why yes. It’s obvious that I am earning my spot when parried against Ali’s that actually are near the same strength and not triple our average rating.
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120

I wouldn't say Rewards immediately increased based on their size, but there should definitely be a starting point regulator that prevents Matches from being insanely varied, up to a certain threshold. In general actually, but that's a separate topic. In this case, this is the most problematic scenario where Alliances starting out or fairly low on the spectrum end up being Matched disproportionately. As much as people think it's fair by default because the War Ratings are the same, it's not a fair fight.
    As you have said in lots of other threads lots of times "THIS IS THEIR GAME THEY WILL DO WHATEVER THAY WANT IF YOU WANT YOU PLAY OR ELSE DON'T PLAY". There may be not the same words but the meaning is same.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    And if this "matchmaking based on true war ratings" is working so flipping well??? Please explain to me how a single player alliance can rate 780 (true war rating) in an alliance where he is the ONLY player who has logged in for months??? 30 players 29 of whom haven't logged onto the game in 3-6 months and the guy has, all by himself garnered a 780 point war rating???
    Please! This is becoming a bad joke!
    You guys have created an echo chamber in here where your voices are the only ones being heard!
    We got here because a bunch of cry babies wrecked their ratings by selling off all their lower tier champs.
    And i'm here ta tell ya! It is costing players in the game just like your bulling and passive aggressive attacks on anyone who dares to disagree with you has turned this forum into your own personal social club!
    And how can my alliance jump from the bottom of one tier to the bottom of the next tier up facing a one man alliance?
    That doesn't seem to indicate a great deal of participation in this brilliant scheme if you ask me! Seems to me it proves a lack of participation!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

And if this "matchmaking based on true war ratings" is working so flipping well??? Please explain to me how a single player alliance can rate 780 (true war rating) in an alliance where he is the ONLY player who has logged in for months??? 30 players 29 of whom haven't logged onto the game in 3-6 months and the guy has, all by himself garnered a 780 point war rating???
    Please! This is becoming a bad joke!
    You guys have created an echo chamber in here where your voices are the only ones being heard!
    We got here because a bunch of cry babies wrecked their ratings by selling off all their lower tier champs.
    And i'm here ta tell ya! It is costing players in the game just like your bulling and passive aggressive attacks on anyone who dares to disagree with you has turned this forum into your own personal social club!
    And how can my alliance jump from the bottom of one tier to the bottom of the next tier up facing a one man alliance?
    That doesn't seem to indicate a great deal of participation in this brilliant scheme if you ask me! Seems to me it proves a lack of participation!

When the alliance was full it did better, now he is doing wars and giving wins by himself and DROPPING the alliance. use some common sense