**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav Difficultly = 5.3

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
Is this just me but while I enjoy the problem solving Cav difficultly presents it’s got a similar issue that a lot of end game content has where you NEED one of say 10 champs in order to get over the hump and beat the challenge. I hope in the future the global nodes can be less specific to class and roster depth and more skill specific like AQ mods.

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    That or there is an “easy” path that removes the class specific requirements of a “buffed up” or “Diss track”
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Except you don't need one of ten champions, there are tons of counters to every boss and quest in Cav difficulty. Most quests only incentivize using certain champions and doesn't require them like the skill or tech quests. Even the quests with more specific requirements like diss track and buffed up there are still tons of counters. For diss track you can use; sunspot, Modok, Red guardian, Void, Cap IW, Nick Fury, Night Thrasher, Blade, Massacre, Venom, Hyperion, Phoenix, Carnage, Doctor voodoo and more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head. For buffed up you can use, Hyperion, Venom, Carnage, Black bolt, Angela, Medusa, Phoenix, Gamora, Hela, Red skull, Civil Warrior, Colossus, Aegon and again many more I'm likely forgetting about just off the top of my head. On top of that the bosses are very quite straight forward as well and don't require any specific counter if you play well except maybe a poison immune character for Scarlet witch.

If you don't have at least one champion that can take on each node, frankly you probably don't have the roster the content was designed for. I fundamentally disagree with the idea that nodes that require roster based counters is bad. It is necessary to keep the game fresh and exciting. If all content incentivized me to use the same five champions over and over and over again I, like most others would get bored very quickly. Cavalier difficulty incentivized me to use awakened black bolt for actual content, it made me put my Ghost on the bench because the nodes made using other champions more fun and even more efficient to clear the content. This is good for the game and if your roster can't handle it you aren't ready for the content yet.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I honestly didn’t find it too restrictive. For this I’m basing it on my 4* run since my 4* options are much more limited than 5 stars. I honestly found it a super fun challenge, it does make you think about the options you bring, but there are plenty of options. Buffed up for example, any champ with 3 buffs works, but if you somehow don’t have any viable options with 3 buffs (even a 4-40 hype or Angela can do) you can fall back on heimdall synergies to give any champ 2 buffs, and that available as a 3*. Diss track is the only other super restrictive node, and yes, options are somewhat limited here, but there are plenty of champs who can do it, far more than the 10 options you said. Remember the champ only needs 2 of their own debuffs, parry can fill the gap. Biohazard ant bleed immune or resistance champ does fine, other nodes have negligible nodes that don’t need specific options
    Lvernon15 said:

I honestly didn’t find it too restrictive. For this I’m basing it on my 4* run since my 4* options are much more limited than 5 stars. I honestly found it a super fun challenge, it does make you think about the options you bring, but there are plenty of options. Buffed up for example, any champ with 3 buffs works, but if you somehow don’t have any viable options with 3 buffs (even a 4-40 hype or Angela can do) you can fall back on heimdall synergies to give any champ 2 buffs, and that available as a 3*. Diss track is the only other super restrictive node, and yes, options are somewhat limited here, but there are plenty of champs who can do it, far more than the 10 options you said. Remember the champ only needs 2 of their own debuffs, parry can fill the gap. Biohazard ant bleed immune or resistance champ does fine, other nodes have negligible nodes that don’t need specific options

Thanks for the Heimdall tip! Like I mentioned I’m enjoying the challenge, but when I think of my Cav journey or even my Uncollected journey the nodes were more gameplay than roster based, think No Retreat. My least favorite chapter of the game remains 5.3 where the game forced me to spend resources on roster depth rather than it being my choice to build my favorite champs
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Lvernon15 said:

Thanks for the Heimdall tip! Like I mentioned I’m enjoying the challenge, but when I think of my Cav journey or even my Uncollected journey the nodes were more gameplay than roster based, think No Retreat. My least favorite chapter of the game remains 5.3 where the game forced me to spend resources on roster depth rather than it being my choice to build my favorite champs
    whats so wrong about requiring you to build roster depth? Cav EQ absolutely should require roster depth, nothing fun about being able to steam roll everything with the same 2-3 champs.
    I agree, but I’d rather invest in champs that enjoy playing than ones that can do a nifty trick
    Like who’s ranking up Civil Warrior for buffed up LMFAO
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I agree, but I’d rather invest in champs that enjoy playing than ones that can do a nifty trick

If you think this one EQ is the only place you're going to need counters for stuff like buffed up or diss track, I have some REALLY bad news for you