**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help with UC Magik

SatomiSatomi Posts: 87
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey all, I'm having some serious difficulty with Magik on the UC event quest. I don't really have a broad roster and actually no direct counter for her except a 4* Blade who can go through a lot but not one shot her (at least I can't). Is there any hope to defeat her or should I just stop burning my energy trying? My top champs are (5* r4) Colossus, Corvus Glaive, CMM, 6* Man Thing and recently pulled NF and Doom but don't have the resources yet to get them past r3. Also, I sometimes use my 4* BWCV and Cap IW (both duped and r5) but I'm also not sure if they would last long. I'm stuck and I really don't wanna miss out on the shards.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    Maybe try Colossus & keep parry, heavy?
  • SatomiSatomi Posts: 87

Maybe try Colossus & keep parry, heavy?

Eventually dies from the limbo damage.
    Rookiie said:

Post your roster please

Here's practically all of it lol, both ranked and unranked.
    Faseeh said:

I would suggest cmm if awakened only though :( Nuke here down as quick as u can.
    I used my 4* quake for like 90% of her health but I eventually mess up lolz

Hmmm you mean getting to Magik with 20+ charges then going indestructible? That'd probably work but I don't know for how long, she trigger limbo eventually and the indestructible buff would expire. But I'll give it a go.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

But u know how to quake? And also build up cmm and bash through that magik man

quake is a far better Magik counter than CMM
    Faseeh said:

If only namor was awakened and max sig

Yeah I know :(
    Faseeh said:

Uh, didn't even think of her as I hate her playstyle... Sometimes I can nail it sometimes I get obliterated. I'll try a duel tho and give quake a shot
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Satomi said:

Faseeh said:

Uh, didn't even think of her as I hate her playstyle... Sometimes I can nail it sometimes I get obliterated. I'll try a duel tho and give quake a shot
    yeah, if you can do it right she makes the Magik easy
  • STARKtechSTARKtech Posts: 95
    Satomi said:

Hey all, I'm having some serious difficulty with Magik on the UC event quest. I don't really have a broad roster and actually no direct counter for her except a 4* Blade who can go through a lot but not one shot her (at least I can't). Is there any hope to defeat her or should I just stop burning my energy trying? My top champs are (5* r4) Colossus, Corvus Glaive, CMM, 6* Man Thing and recently pulled NF and Doom but don't have the resources yet to get them past r3. Also, I sometimes use my 4* BWCV and Cap IW (both duped and r5) but I'm also not sure if they would last long. I'm stuck and I really don't wanna miss out on the shards.

Hulk(ragnarok) is beast counter for magik
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I think you can 4* Quake with parry-heavy—I used a R4 5* and managed it with plenty of health to spare. May get a little dicey, but the 4* should have enough health to survive depending on her rank.

Dr. Zola
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

I would suggest getting her to 23 charges, dexing to trigger buffet and then parry to reach 25 charges. Get the indestructible and smooth sailing i hope

I think this is the best strategy if you aren't comfortable with quake. make sure you trigger buffet on something that isn't binary ignition, so you when binary trigger, your buffs stick
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Use your blade for danger sense
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    Satomi said:

Rookiie said:

Post your roster please

Here's practically all of it lol, both ranked and unranked.
    You can Nuke the fight with Blade, AA, Corvus and CMM. Just don't hit Magik when she has limbo active.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Satomi said:

Blade is an easy one shot. Just parry her to death. She will never gain a bar of power and therefore no limbo or specials. This is quicker with deep wounds and also SES synergy.

Next option is AA, get some bleeds on with a heavy, parry a few times to stack poison and then heavy to convert to neurotoxins. Get 3-4 up depending on sig level and then no limbo. You can be unlucky with the debuffs and push her to limbo before you get neuros on.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    If you want a relatively standard fight, then use your CAIW; instead of the usual aim of landing an SP2; use parry-heavy as much as possible, with maxed pacify/Petrify masteries. Keep your distance when she's got power and try to push her above power thresholds using your SP1, as it won't trigger Limbo.

Add in the right science synergy champ (Hulk/Ghulk) even as a 4* to halve her Limbo damage, and he should go through her.