**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Champion with Prove Yourself

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
This node requires a combo of 15 before you can do any damage. From the 40% mark, he’s completely unblockable.

First off, I don’t have Sym Supreme. My main attacker is Doom, I also have CAIW. I can get in an intercept to start the fight, I can get in a backdraft, but then the unstoppable comes in.

Stagger with Doom? He’s immune to debuffs in that stage so I can’t get a heavy in.

CAIW will nullify his unstoppable? Yeah, no, because I need a kinetic charge to do that, and I can’t parry to get one.

Is this the roadblock that prevents 6.2 100%? How have other people gotten through this?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yay, more fun and interactive-ness...
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yay, more fun and interactive-ness...
    PeaRat said:

Is the 40% phase the unblockable light attack or medium attack phase?
    If it’s mediums then dash back and wait for him to charge at you, if it’s light attacks back yourself up the wall and evade first medium and parry the first light attack he will likely throw straight after. (Sometimes he will throw double mediums which is annoying)

Bro, have you seen his AI in that phase? He's very erratic in behavior, and refuses to dash back or play ball.
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152
    Get some sp3s early on and try throw the sp2 to melt him down
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152

This node requires a combo of 15 before you can do any damage. From the 40% mark, he’s completely unblockable.

First off, I don’t have Sym Supreme. My main attacker is Doom, I also have CAIW. I can get in an intercept to start the fight, I can get in a backdraft, but then the unstoppable comes in.

Stagger with Doom? He’s immune to debuffs in that stage so I can’t get a heavy in.

CAIW will nullify his unstoppable? Yeah, no, because I need a kinetic charge to do that, and I can’t parry to get one.

Is this the roadblock that prevents 6.2 100%? How have other people gotten through this?

When I fought him he seemed pretty aggressive so he liked to launch heavy attacks even when you don’t take blocked hits. If you can get him to do that and punish him with your heavy you may be able to get a stagger on him.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    If he Hav doom stager isn’t a debuff but pasive
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

If he Hav doom stager isn’t a debuff but pasive

he is saying he cannot do it easily.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    I used mojo and cycled sp2 against the wall. Doom is a much better option, heavy counter his heavy and sp1 to apply staggers
    With cap you can bank against the wall to parry a light attack.if he's awakened 1 kinetic charge is all you need after the first nullify champion starts feeding him charges
    Best of luck
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Solod with she hulk
  • Did the first 90% easily with doom. Last 10% with capiw. Just boost up
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    N u guys have it easy now
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    PeaRat said:

The fight sucks and is annoying.
    Best bet might be to restart and try get him down from 100% to 10% in one go

It’s not that hard. I like that fight, and I enjoyed it before the nerf.
  • That’s for this thread. Was useful for 100% champion today. My last path left was prove yourself and death touch. Started with doom and mucked up. 95% left on the champion and I solo’d with The Hood. Someone already said if you die half way through it’s almost harder. Starting the fight when he’s btw 40-10% is a nightmare. My last run was like that and i only had CAIW. Trying to parry light was almost impossible. Cost me 300-400 units.
    Hood was awesome as when I got to 40% I just backdraft intercepted or went in after a special. Hood just kept placing a stagger. I used him as I’ve run the 6star gate and had him as a 6star.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    How does scarlet witch does for this fight ? I dont have cap iw or symb supreme.
  • KRoNX1 said:

How does scarlet witch does for this fight ? I dont have cap iw or symb supreme.

No idea as I don’t have her above a 4 star but I don’t think she will consistently remove the unstoppable which he gets like every 10secs. She hulk works as does stealth spidy. But he runs out of web cartridges pretty quick.