**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help with UC Magik

Comments

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Yeah omega isn’t the best but he can get it done. Defo I got stuck in a loop once of my regen vs her regen 😂
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Get charges with corvus, use a boost. Mlm combos, you'll probs take one sp1 to the face, but you'll get at least half her health down. Don't hit her under limbo as mentioned above.

Blade as well and think about doom parry light attacks too. Doom can't be knocked down with his aura up too, so if you can level him up before the end of the EQ, he should carry a lot.

After that, you should have enough in CMM and collosus to get her down.

You could try Omega as above as well, or your 4/40 quake with boosts.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Shamir51 said:

As no one has mentioned it, Omega Red is also a very good counter. When she’s just under a bar of power, parry and heavy. That way, if limbo proc’s, you won’t take the damage.

But doesn’t she have buffet and chaos inversion? I tried omega in cav first run and he couldn’t put damage the buffet.
    So a few things-

1) I also used Omega Red for the Cav Magik. I couldn’t one shot on my first go round but did manage some 60% off her. I’m running full suicides and doing nothing but parry heavy, I was able to keep 30 spores on her for quite a long time without taking any limbo damage.

2) Buffet should be slightly easier to manage on UC version as it’s 5% regen as opposed to 10% in Cav and off a smaller base health.

3) Special chaos inversion is something to play around. I managed by keeping maximum distance between myself and Magik. That way when I messed up and tried to dex normally, I was far enough away that I didn’t get hit when I dashed forwards.

No doubt it’s a tricky fight, but with some careful playing, it’s not too bad.
    On my 2nd and 3rd runs, I went with old reliable Quake and one shot her both times.

In terms of counters, Quake really is the best option but so dependent on whether you can utilise her properly.
  • DrZola said:

I think you can 4* Quake with parry-heavy—I used a R4 5* and managed it with plenty of health to spare. May get a little dicey, but the 4* should have enough health to survive depending on her rank.

Dr. Zola

yup destroyed it with my 4* quake with full health easy solo
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136

If you want a relatively standard fight, then use your CAIW; instead of the usual aim of landing an SP2; use parry-heavy as much as possible, with maxed pacify/Petrify masteries. Keep your distance when she's got power and try to push her above power thresholds using your SP1, as it won't trigger Limbo.

Add in the right science synergy champ (Hulk/Ghulk) even as a 4* to halve her Limbo damage, and he should go through her.

What he said👆
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    If you have the patience for a long fight Dorm is a viable option as well.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Power lock her with Gwenpool
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Satomi said:

Rookiie said:

Post your roster please

Here's practically all of it lol, both ranked and unranked.
    You can get some serious chunks out with that 4*omega and possibly even that AA as well
    Shamir51 said:

As no one has mentioned it, Omega Red is also a very good counter. When she’s just under a bar of power, parry and heavy. That way, if limbo proc’s, you won’t take the damage.

This. You can mitigate a ton if not all of the limbo damage with omega
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Quake, Magik, AA, Blade, Gulk, Torch, any defensive ability reduction champs (like elektra, gwenpool etc) Or any passive damage negators like Omega
    Could even put some mastery points in pacify and don't push her over a bar of power unless she's stunned. It's far from a guarantee but it can help not triggering limbo so much. Don't think I saw that mentioned
    It's honestly gonna be a tough fight with your options don't want to sound like it should be easy unless you can get comfortable with quake but you should still be able to take her down in UC for sure with what you have.
  • SatomiSatomi Posts: 87
    Thanks everyone for all the advice! I managed to do it with blade and capiw, as someone mentioned, her specials are quick so the timing is off putting and I got hit by her sp1 which kinda breaks my flow. I tried omega, but I panicked a bit lol and pushed her to sp2 before I could do any decent damage. Exploring it will be a bit rough, but I'll manage as soon as I get used to the nodes. Funny out of all the chapters she's giving me the most pain lol. Anyways, thanks a bunch guys!
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    edited September 2020
    I feel you. I really hate the SP chaos.
    My instinct tells me to dash backward when I see her SP triggering and bam i got chopped and died.
    Defeated her with r3 5* hulk after like 5 or 6 revives.

Planning to bring 4* caiw for the science synergy that cuts down oppenent attack by 50%.
    Or maybe my 5* vision to power burn that beast.
    If i feel like doing that chapter again that is.
    I'm newly uncollected. So UC difficulty exploration is still pretty tough for me with only 2 r4 5*.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Cap iw parry heavy
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Berjibs said:

Satomi said:

Hey all, I'm having some serious difficulty with Magik on the UC event quest. I don't really have a broad roster and actually no direct counter for her except a 4* Blade who can go through a lot but not one shot her (at least I can't). Is there any hope to defeat her or should I just stop burning my energy trying? My top champs are (5* r4) Colossus, Corvus Glaive, CMM, 6* Man Thing and recently pulled NF and Doom but don't have the resources yet to get them past r3. Also, I sometimes use my 4* BWCV and Cap IW (both duped and r5) but I'm also not sure if they would last long. I'm stuck and I really don't wanna miss out on the shards.

Next option is AA, get some bleeds on with a heavy, parry a few times to stack poison and then heavy to convert to neurotoxins. Get 3-4 up depending on sig level and then no limbo. You can be unlucky with the debuffs and push her to limbo before you get neuros on.

Yep game over in 30s.
    https://youtu.be/TcpBtRG-DWg
  • Berjibs said:

Satomi said:

Hey all, I'm having some serious difficulty with Magik on the UC event quest. I don't really have a broad roster and actually no direct counter for her except a 4* Blade who can go through a lot but not one shot her (at least I can't). Is there any hope to defeat her or should I just stop burning my energy trying? My top champs are (5* r4) Colossus, Corvus Glaive, CMM, 6* Man Thing and recently pulled NF and Doom but don't have the resources yet to get them past r3. Also, I sometimes use my 4* BWCV and Cap IW (both duped and r5) but I'm also not sure if they would last long. I'm stuck and I really don't wanna miss out on the shards.

Blade is an easy one shot. Just parry her to death. She will never gain a bar of power and therefore no limbo or specials. This is quicker with deep wounds and also SES synergy.

Next option is AA, get some bleeds on with a heavy, parry a few times to stack poison and then heavy to convert to neurotoxins. Get 3-4 up depending on sig level and then no limbo. You can be unlucky with the debuffs and push her to limbo before you get neuros on.

Both are exactly what i would suggest.
    I will always recommend Quake. I’ve 1 shot Magik every time in Cav EQ using Quake.
    edited September 2020
    Midnite93 said:

A 4 star maxed blade can easily kill Magik no synegies needed however take stark Spidey for the potency and watch him shred her apart

I'll bring him along next time. I feel like I could have one shot her with Blade but it's hard to go against muscle memory.
    DariusYi said:

My instinct tells me to dash backward when I see her SP triggering and bam i got chopped and died.

Planning to bring 4* caiw for the science synergy that cuts down oppenent attack by 50%.
    I'm newly uncollected. So UC difficulty exploration is still pretty tough for me with only 2 r4 5*.

It's gonna be a bit tough, but you can do it! It's a transition for sure fighting against act 5 champs and UC 6* with bigger pools and all kinds of nodes on them. Probably the toughest (for me at least) is the last chapter. I really didn't struggle at all against Apocalypse, but I have CMM who is a shredder for me and handles most boss fights, but it's definitely managble. I had only 2 r4 until literally week ago bc I got heavily shafted on pulls lol, that's why Doom and NF aren't ranked yet. And yeah, it sucks they removed completion rewards but I believe in ya! Maybe try going Master first to get a feel of the animations? That's what I did when I first started. Anyways, good luck to ya!
    DariusYi said:

Robots are a bad idea as there is 60% reduced AA, abilities will fail more than succeed, basic stuff like parries.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but maybe dormammu can work using MM combos.

Berjibs said:

DariusYi said:

Robots are a bad idea as there is 60% reduced AA, abilities will fail more than succeed, basic stuff like parries.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but maybe dormammu can work using MM combos.

Dormamu will work with MM as she’ll never have any power but that’ll be a LONG fight!
    Just had a test if you’re careful you can start with a heavy, use sp2 to power lock and detonate the heavy during that phase. Works pretty nice.