**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should I be using in 5.2.5 / 5.2.6

I am struggling to beat 5.2.5. I have had some ok pulls that I ranked up then got top tier champs later that I don't have crystals to rank up as high...but I also am trying to save for 5* champs. I just don't know who I should be using for these 2 chapters as I have had minimal success making it through so far. Bane is kicking my butt.

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    bane is mostly a playstyle change. I'd probably just use who you're comfortable with. vtd is probably not a great option because you usually don't want to continue attacking in, but hes still usable. try to end your comboes early when the timer is almost there and try to get a parry when it's like 1/5 or 1/4 left. slow your comboes a tiny bit andyou should be able to get the transfer. you can use the parry stun duration to the fullest. wait a little before attacking in if that helps
  • Options
    Dukerox06Dukerox06 Posts: 37
    edited September 2020
    I didnt even think about waiting out on the parries too for timing flexibility. I had been trying to space out attacks in combo and just cutting them short. Thanks, I will mix that in as well. I think I am still trying to rush fights down still that I end up getting caught.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Take up magik dude... she carried me through 5.2.5 and 5.2.6 very recently... the best thing is you dont need to worry about baiting specials once you have got the SP2 of magik cycle working. She is one amazing champ
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I didn't use the strategy myself, but I think if you heavy spam in the corner, that could work. magik, like leozed said would be really good for something like that
  • Options
    SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    I see a Luke Cage at the bottom. Is he duped? If so take him up. I have a duped 5* Luke Cage I am trying to rank up right now. I hear that he can survive the Collocter's sp3 if he is indestructible. Plus when duped he is an outstanding champ. I'm on 5.2.3. I plan on taking the collector out when I rank him to rank 3
  • Options
    Dukerox06Dukerox06 Posts: 37
    Luke Cage is not duped but I already have a five-star duped void so I was worried about resources as well as gladiator hulk* I would have loved to have magic up there but I got her way late and only got her up to rank 4 Max was worried about wasting the resources to get rank five and taking them from an eventual worthy five star. But I suppose she is strong enough to do some damage for a while as 5/50 while I'm waiting she is my main power control champ along with guillotine 2099
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    For Bane I like using people with long SP or heavy animations. It give you a little more flexibility with managing the timer. Also unblockable specials with long animations like IMIW are gold.

Really though, it just takes some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it you'll wonder how you were ever having trouble at all.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    You could also take hyperion for bane... his insane power gain takes him to sp3 quickly and if you cant transfer bane, hit sp3 as soon as bane gets on you... just a thought... I might be wrong
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Hype works well, transfer bane after specials. And he’ll gain them quick
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Sazed said:

I hear that he can survive the Collocter's sp3 if he is indestructible.

As far as I know, no one can survive the Collector's SP3, because his SP3 states that it automatically KO's the opponent no matter what. However, any champion can survive an entire SP3 (not the Collector's) as long as they have Indestructible active when the attack starts. This also works with Killmonger's SP2 (Indestructible charges), which is great, because the opponent should get their SP3 during the same combo that you get your SP2.