**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine 2099 Appreciation Post.

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
So, I got a 5* guilly 2099 on the 20th of August this year. As of today, she's sig 40 through natural dupes. Yes, I've pulled her 3 times in less than a month. Twice from basics, and once from a grandmaster crystal (surprisingly). I always told myself I'd take her up. I could finally take her up to rank 3 today, but couldn't take her further due to lack of cats and iso. As per usual, I decided to take her into RoL. And...oh boy!

I've literally done about 10 runs through RoL today, finishing almost every run with a full yellow bar! No items spent, only Nick Fury evade synergy was active (plus Ant-Man, yellow jacket and Heimdall. Didn't need Heimdall synergy once). Bro, this character is absurd in the amount of damage she dishes out! Soloing every single fight with ease, and bullying Rolverine without any care in the world!

I'd like to thank kabam for creating such a well-rounded character, and not "rebalancing" her later on. I can't wait to max her out and use her in act 6 and to stroll through LoL whenever I can, among other things...

So, how much do you like Guilly 2099?

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Also, I tried to search to see if there was already a post like this, but it's not working. I wonder why.
  • No_Ægon_clubNo_Ægon_club Posts: 150 ★★
    I concur she has rly nice utility and great damage

Did 6.2.5 venom? Anyways he had caustic tempers 1% regen and the poison node I believe, had to go up to a 700 hit combo to defeat him and had no other option

Did paths 2-3 in LOL with her saved a lot of items due to her regen
    edited September 2020

Did 6.2.5 venom? Anyways he had caustic tempers 1% regen and the poison node I believe, had to go up to a 700 hit combo to defeat him and had no other option

Oh hell, that doesn't sound like a fun fight...
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    I like her a bit too much but she's come in clutch for so many matchups.

I don't usually count damage as a utility but when the ramp up is so much it let's you bypass nodes like caustic temper, thunderstruck, acid wash and can't stop won't stop I think it's fair to count it.
    She was my mvp for 6.2.2 sinister exploration even without synergies

Take her into pretty much every war for boss killing. Stubborn things, dooms,voids, flow Mojos etc

Wish I had her when I was doing LOL so I could try and see her damage at 600 combo against x-23

• No_Ægon_clubNo_Ægon_club Posts: 150 ★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kinda was a bit fun too

I was doing around 2k per hit at 600 hits so it would have been around 20k a hit at max and it was fun seeing his health bar go back an forth like a tug o war
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Also, I tried to search to see if there was already a post like this, but it's not working. I wonder why.

The search thing is broken I think. It has been happening for me too
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I got Guillotine 2099 2 days ago and I'm absolutely loving her! Took her to r3 yesterday and I have a 3-4 tech gem and a 4-5 tech gem. I'm seriously contemplating whether I should r5 her! I probably will!

Kill_Grey said:

Kinda was a bit fun too

I was doing around 2k per hit at 600 hits so it would have been around 20k a hit at max and it was fun seeing his health bar go back an forth like a tug o war
    What rank?
    Highest I've gotten is 22k mediums at 371 hits against 6.2 sinister

I got Guillotine 2099 2 days ago and I'm absolutely loving her! Took her to r3 yesterday and I have a 3-4 tech gem and a 4-5 tech gem. I'm seriously contemplating whether I should r5 her! I probably will!

She's defo worth it! I took her to rank 3 with a gem. Gonna do boss rush to get the tier 2 alpha to take her to rank 4. And gonna use her to explore variant 3 and pray for a tech 4-5 gem 🙏

I've already got ghost at rank 5 awakened, and if guilly wasn't already done duped, I would have used my tech gem on her.

Kill_Grey said:

Kinda was a bit fun too

What rank?
    Highest I've gotten is 22k mediums at 371 hits against 6.2 sinister
    Damn...highest I've gotten is about 6k per hit against Rolverine. At around 200 hits or so on a rank 3!
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

She's defo worth it! I took her to rank 3 with a gem. Gonna do boss rush to get the tier 2 alpha to take her to rank 4. And gonna use her to explore variant 3 and pray for a tech 4-5 gem 🙏

I've already got ghost at rank 5 awakened, and if guilly wasn't already done duped, I would have used my tech gem on her.
    Good luck on that V3 gem, hopefully you'll get tech!
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I love her double immunities, safeguard from awakened ability under combo shield, amazing for terminal velocity and spiked armour, great option for the 6.2 sinister (with synergies of course) Her armour rating is very strong, nice regen while going under 15% her power drain is nice off sp1, her lifesteal from prefight is great her power burn from prefight is amazing allowing her to be one of the best crumbling armour havok counters, and a great havok counter in general, great for masochism.
    The only down sides are she must finish with sp3 to start with 100 combo and using prefights makes her power drain off sp1, regen and armour less potent.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

I have a 6* and took her to r2 whiteout a second thought. Best thing I ever did

I am considering taking mine to rank 2. How often when you start a fight with 100 combo does the fight end before you can get to an sp3? This happens to me sometimes with my rank 1. Just curious.

I have a 6* and took her to r2 whiteout a second thought. Best thing I ever did

I am considering taking mine to rank 2. How often when you start a fight with 100 combo does the fight end before you can get to an sp3? This happens to me sometimes with my rank 1. Just curious.
    Rarely happens, even with a r3. 6.2 and above you can generally get away with 1 sp2 before you build up to sp3. Worst case scenario you parry a couple of hits to get to sp3 but I only encounter this sometimes in war where healthpools aren't too high.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    I like her a lot but just feel that her sp3 should add a couple hits to her combo meter. Maybe around 50?
    Also, I wonder if she performs best with or without suicides?
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I have her r5 w/suicides, not fully levelled with iso, maybe halfway, and I constantly have the issue where I ramp up first fight and then kill the opponent second fight before being able to reach sp3. Sometimes I have to deliberately take damage just to be able to activate it. Talking cav eq, early act 6 level opponents. Maybe she’ll be more useful in 6.3/4 exploration.

For me she’s just a bit annoying to use and I’ve for the most part got as good or better, less fussy options to clear content with. Running suicides BWCV, Corvus, warlock and omega are nearly always more practical and faster overall for normal questing and certainly wouldn’t take her into LOL over aegon or colossus.

Im mainly bringing her when my other immune champs are tied up in aq/aw, sometimes against AON. If I’m using her for questing I typically just ramp her up in one fight and then save her for the boss as the ramped up damage is nice, did that with Apoc quest cav eq and it worked well.

Interested to hear where people are finding her useful so keeping an eye on the thread.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

I like her a lot but just feel that her sp3 should add a couple hits to her combo meter. Maybe around 50?

I’ve been saying this same exact thing on multiple threads. As good as she is with all the utility everyones mentioned, shes still a “nerfed Aegon”. They could’ve seriously improved her combo meter mechanic.

It’s already tedious to sp3 at the right time each fight to start with 100 but to not even be able to add to it whereas Aegon easily rolls over and can start with 999?
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    How to deal with fights where you've ramped up, but they will die before you can reach an sp3?

How to deal with fights where you've ramped up, but they will die before you can reach an sp3?

I discovered a method, don't really know how to best explain it, but I'll try.

If you use her SP 2 in a fight, and the opponent gets down to about 50% health; in a majority of scenerios, it means it's time to start rushing to an SP 3. If it takes them down below about 40% health, then you're probably not gonna be able to reach your SP 3 in time.

Sounds confusing, but if you test her in RoL, you'll understand better.

She's tanky with armour so you can afford to take a couple hits in block for power. Also ramped up her damage comes per hit so heavies deal less damage but give you more power.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Is she tanky? I dunno I used in 6.4 pre-nerf as a r4 and the block/parry damage absolutely ruined her.
    Berjibs said:

Is she tanky? I dunno I used in in 6.4 pre-nerf as a r4 and the block/parry damage absolutely ruined her.

6.4 pre-nerf attack values would ruin most r4 champs.
    Most matchups I don't use her prefights so the extra armour and healing helps. Above average block proficiency means she can take a lot of blocked hits.
    At 5 r5 she's got 25k health with 9k healing
    At 6 r3 she's got 32k health with 11k healing
    She might not look it but she's chonky
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

If you use her SP 2 in a fight, and the opponent gets down to about 50% health; in a majority of scenerios, it means it's time to start rushing to an SP 3. If it takes them down below about 40% health, then you're probably not gonna be able to reach your SP 3 in time.

Got it, so if after sp2 and they are below 40% then you'll just need to ramp her up again in the next fight?

Kill_Grey said:

Got it, so if after sp2 and they are below 40% then you'll just need to ramp her up again in the next fight?
    Not particularly. I'm saying that if your SP 2 gets them that low, you MIGHT not be able to make it to your SP 3 in time before their dead just due to your basic attacks.

In RoL, my rank 3 5* guilly 2099 with suicides only needs 3 SP 2's to get them down to 50% health. From there, I make sure I save up for SP 3, because in a few comboes to reach 2 bars of power from the SP 2 I there's, they're already at about 20% health. A few more comboes and they're at 5%, etc.

I don't know about a rank 4 5*, but I was watching one of seatin's videos, and his rank 2 6* only needed one SP 2 to drop RoL opponents to 50% or so. From there he had to get to an SP 3, or an intermediate SP 2 would mean dead opponent and no digitized soul.

All of the above with suicides.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Not particularly. I'm saying that if your SP 2 gets them that low, you MIGHT not be able to make it to your SP 3 in time before their dead just due to your basic attacks.

In RoL, my rank 3 5* guilly 2099 with suicides only needs 3 SP 2's to get them down to 50% health. From there, I make sure I save up for SP 3, because in a few comboes to reach 2 bars of power from the SP 2 I there's, they're already at about 20% health. A few more comboes and they're at 5%, etc.

I don't know about a rank 4 5*, but I was watching one of seatin's videos, and his rank 2 6* only needed one SP 2 to drop RoL opponents to 50% or so. From there he had to get to an SP 3, or an intermediate SP 2 would mean dead opponent and no digitized soul.

All of the above with suicides.
    Then again, I'm still new to guilly, so I can't give you the best explanation in that regard.
  • TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    edited September 2020

with higher rank Guilly 2099 (I use 6 star R2) it’s harder to reach SP3 so I generally don’t use her SP1/2 attacks unless necessary (power control/heal block), her basic attacks with combo values are good enough.

sometimes you can parry the opponent where it’ll increase the power meter a little, especially if you almost reach SP3. and you can take also some hits towards the end of the fight as she has regen so it should be fine to take some hits.

in higher level content like act 6, it’s not an issue because of high opponent health pool, I can even use SP1/2 several times, you’ll be able to estimate after using her repeatedly
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    edited September 2020

If you think you are gonna kill opponent with full combos then I parry double medium the whole fight

Have her at R3 and R5

Amazing champ for every aspect of the game