**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Punisher 2099 Buff predictions

2»

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    I just want his damage to be buffed
  • InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    Guys I had a break from the forum and the game itself, can anyone tell me about Punisher 2099 's buff ( I mean when was it announced and when the buff might come)
    Have him as a 5* so it'll be helpful.
    Thank you
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

Guys I had a break from the forum and the game itself, can anyone tell me about Punisher 2099 's buff ( I mean when was it announced and when the buff might come)
    Thank you

https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-champions-of-the-contest/

Punisher 2099 buff should be coming in October 2020
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    I think he will have more damage output

Thank you

https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-champions-of-the-contest/

Punisher 2099 buff should be coming in October 2020
    Thank you
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I'll tell you about his buff. It will be hyped up but will underwhelm most people still. Stick with ranking up warlock, ghost, sentinel and guilly2099 (maybe stark too or HB if you got them all already).

If it does pan out though, I guess my 6* luck rating is bout to go up, but I'm not gonna rank him til I see and try it for myself. I'm mentally preparing for a meh update and no change in real status. We shall see.

I'll tell you about his buff. It will be hyped up but will underwhelm most people still. Stick with ranking up warlock, ghost, sentinel and guilly2099 (maybe stark too or HB if you got them all already).

If it does pan out though, I guess my 6* luck rating is bout to go up, but I'm not gonna rank him til I see and try it for myself. I'm mentally preparing for a meh update and no change in real status. We shall see.

I think he has potential to reach a top tier level. Just hoping it actually happens
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 840 ★★★
    I like the idea of the battery, hope they keep it. I believe kabam said it won’t be an overhaul like colossus or hulkbuster, but rather a damage tune up and maybe some ability tweaks
    His utility is pretty good with those batteries only the damage output is meh so tuning is what he needs. Also that might be the reason kabam chose him for now
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
    Aayush19 said:

But.. Why would kabam pick punisher2099 of all stupid champs? There's iron patriot/fist waiting!

Possibly because overall he is a very decently designed champ. To improve him should not take a ton of effort. With a little more attack, and a tweak here or there, he will become very usable. Based on the statement released, I can believe that Iron Fist and Iron Patriot are somewhere on KABAM's radar, but I doubt they will stop at a simple adjustment with these 2. Iron Patriot needs an entire overhaul (think Hulkbuster and Colossus), and Iron Fist would really benefit from some adjusted abilities and specials (Venom or Luke Cage level buff). We'll see.
  • Championa10Championa10 Posts: 44
    GMAX77 said:

Aayush19 said:

But.. Why would kabam pick punisher2099 of all stupid champs? There's iron patriot/fist waiting!

Possibly because overall he is a very decently designed champ. To improve him should not take a ton of effort. With a little more attack, and a tweak here or there, he will become very usable. Based on the statement released, I can believe that Iron Fist and Iron Patriot are somewhere on KABAM's radar, but I doubt they will stop at a simple adjustment with these 2. Iron Patriot needs an entire overhaul (think Hulkbuster and Colossus), and Iron Fist would really benefit from some adjusted abilities and specials (Venom or Luke Cage level buff). We'll see.
    Completely agree. Punisher 2099s abilities looks exciting until you see how bad the battery mechanic diminishes his potential. So a tuneup is necessary.

And as ive commented on many other posts, Iron Fist needs an overhaul. Animations, utility and all. As a marvel character, he should have more abilities suited to what his iron fist can do. Maybe a dash back and hold block to charge his Chi. Idk. Any characters based off of OG Iron Man like Iron Patriot and War Machine need an overhaul to set them apart. All of the champions mentioned above are automatic "easy to beat" in a quest or AW path.
    Anyone have any idea when we get more insight on pun 2099''s buff? Hoping he will be rank 3 worthy as a 6 star
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Mutant destroyer
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    his sp2 animations is very damaging. i hope they change it but i know they won't

anyhow, i have both 5 and 6 p2099, so hopefully they make him alot better attacker, same as g2099
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I really want Punisher 2099 to be great

He's so cool
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I mean on paper his abilities ain’t bad. His numbers are just miserably bad. Hence why they’re only doing a tune up (numbers change)
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I got Punisher 2099 as a 5 star and I am excited for his buff. Not an overhaul like Magneto but hopefully some insane damage.
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    pulled him as my 1st 6* today. hope the tune up make him more viable for a lot more content.
    Perhaps starts with 80-90% charge instead. Who starts the day with only 20% charge? lol.
  • ChincheyaChincheya Posts: 20
    DariusYi said:

pulled him as my 1st 6* today. hope the tune up make him more viable for a lot more content.
    Perhaps starts with 80-90% charge instead. Who starts the day with only 20% charge? lol.

I really like the idea of him starting with a much higher battery. I recently made a post where he starts with same battery but gets higher battery charge rate.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/225968/my-hopes-for-the-punisher-2099-buff#latest
    Chincheya said:

DariusYi said:

I really like the idea of him starting with a much higher battery. I recently made a post where he starts with same battery but gets higher battery charge rate.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/225968/my-hopes-for-the-punisher-2099-buff#latest
    Pretty good idea imo!